Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enyo

New Cyclops

Guest Enyo

I just want to thank whoever is responsible for the change of strength/exp in the cyclops. it was very much needed. they are now a nice transition between ogre and fluffy.

before this change.. i only got 8 in attack and 59 in def. now, i get 74 in attack and 69 in def. the cyclops are now actually worth training on when before they really weren't much fun .. for me at aleast.

Well you have a great a/d but for those that are in the middle of leveling up and don't want to reset all the time. It is really a pain. It was very unnecessary imho and only a gift for the high-level players.

Ruined the training for many players like me with a/d a little over 70/70 :w00t:

I thought so at first Kl4uz, just being able to train a *bit* on cycs after way too many levels of ogres :w00t:. Until I tried them with sword (steel/tit) and found WITH sword they still give good exp. I think I got about 2k attack exp from 1 cyc (don't remember if that was with steel or tit long, I think steel).

So it might be pretty good after all. Very decent experience *with* sword, what makes the use of weapons useful somewhere now. I still have to try more to really have an opinion about it though.

Guest Enyo
Well you have a great a/d but for those that are in the middle of leveling up and don't want to reset all the time. It is really a pain. It was very unnecessary imho and only a gift for the high-level players.

Ruined the training for many players like me with a/d a little over 70/70 :angry:

210164[/snapback]

if you don't appreciate it now, you will later.. trust me.. staying on ogres a little longer won't hurt either.. they are also good exp and to be honest.. there wasn't that much exp difference between an ogre and a cyclop. an orgre had a little more attack and a little less def.. the total was only 4 points difference per hit. the new exp gain level on cyclops now is a better transition between ogre and fluffy. before there was just too big of an exp gap and now it's more balanced.

Edited by Electra

None of those new monster have a/d adequate for the transition between ogre and cyclop?

If not, there are really a need for that or cyclops return at what they was. Train 30 of a/d lvls on ogres is very boring if you dont find a training partner (and hope dont get attacked if so).

Guest Enyo
None of those new monster have a/d adequate for the transition between ogre and cyclop?

If not, there are really a need for that or cyclops return at what they was. Train 30 of a/d lvls on ogres is very boring if you dont find a training partner (and hope dont get attacked if so).

210258[/snapback]

no to your question.. secondly.. as it was before, there was only a 4 point difference per hit so there is really no point to go back.

I think Kl4uz' point is they got too much p/c...

Its hard to switch from one to another because ogre has low p/c while cyclop have high.

Or i am totally wrong as always.

Guest Enyo
I think Kl4uz' point is they got too much p/c...

Its hard to switch from one to another because ogre has low p/c while cyclop have high.

Or i am totally wrong as always.

210306[/snapback]

there is no major difference between ogre and cyclop as they were before.. the new cyclop is much better.

Guest Southman

I agree, the new cycs are muuuuuuucccchhhh better. :) The chances of being killed are higher, which makes the game more challenging and more fun as well. I actually got that old feeling of almost dieing again. Heart started pounded and I may have even sweat a little bit :D

the step from ogre to cyclops is to big now lool

ogre start giving crap exp at 65/65 a/d or so..

210318[/snapback]

crap xp?...what means a crap xp then?...If ogre gives me now about 2.8K oa / minute and so last training gave 131K in 45 minutes..I wouldnt call it crap (ad57/77). Well..cyclop sure gave nice (def:112...att:112) but without mm perk at least I dont even know where could train with them so cant say how much they really give in long run...and if I would get too much damage because of them. The problem sure is that if player has pk-attributes (all to phys and ccord) they sure cant get much at all from one ogre because its killed after few hits. With my "training-only" attributes I can still make one ogre last 6 minutes and so over 15K oa...

for free training mm seeems to be a must...gathering pps...:)..

Guest Enyo

210318[/snapback]

that's not true.. before there was only 4 points difference per hit.. now the step between ogre and cyclop is the same as between cyclop and fluffy.. it's more balanced.

Well yeah...new cycs are good and bad.

Before update i did cycs bared and they were 3k oa and 1 restore.

Now i took 4 more coord and with tit short theyre over 2k xp and less than 1 restore each, at least its faster xp now :) Before i got 25 att x, now 105 and def increased for 10.

But now its even bigger between ogres and cycs, that might be prob for some ppl.

that's not true.. before there was only 4 points difference per hit.. now the step between ogre and cyclop is the same as between cyclop and fluffy.. it's more balanced.

210328[/snapback]

Well I'm sure with higher a/d I would appreciate the new cyclops. But for me it is really a huge difference from what the were before. You should try them with my character some time - even with the tit long I have problems now. Now i get like 120 a exp while I got 26 before. So I think they changed a lot. While I could punch them very good before, I need like 3 restores even with the tit long equiped.

My suggestion is to restore the way the cyc was and add another monster with the stats of the "new cyc". That would be fair for everyone.

Guest Enyo
Well I'm sure with higher a/d I would appreciate the new cyclops. But for me it is really a huge difference from what the were before. You should try them with my character some time - even with the tit long I have problems now. Now i get like 120 a exp while I got 26 before. So I think they changed a lot. While I could punch them very good before, I need like 3 restores even with the tit long equiped.

My suggestion is to restore the way the cyc was and add another monster with the stats of the "new cyc". That would be fair for everyone.

210427[/snapback]

i understand what you're saying but my point is that there wasn't much difference in exp between cyclop and ogre as it was before so why not just stay with ogre? you only got 4 points more per hit.. not even worth it.

later, you will appreciate this new cyclop.. :wub:

My opinion is that they should leave the cyc how it was, and place a new monster between ogre/cyc and cyc/fluffy

Guest Enyo
My opinion is that they should leave the cyc how it was, and place a new monster between ogre/cyc and cyc/fluffy

210491[/snapback]

a new monster between ogre and cyclop? you got to be kidding me? lol there was only a 4 point difference per hit as it was before in the first place and would make NO sense to place a new one between those two as it was before.

why not? EL need monsters

now the gap between cyclops/fluffy is easyer but, hmmm maby a new monster between ogre/clops will do

a new monster between ogre and cyclop?  you got to be kidding me? lol  there was only a 4 point difference per hit as it was before in the first place and would make NO sense to place a new one between those two as it was before.

210500[/snapback]

This is not a math quiz. Of course it makes "sense" to add more monsters/creatures in all ranges both stronger and weaker than <insert your favorite here>.

Variety creates fun and "sense of wonder" and it will make EL grow out of "I'm currently training on ogres" Or am I'm being too naive here?

Guest Enyo
This is not a math quiz. Of course it makes "sense" to add more monsters/creatures in all ranges both stronger and weaker than <insert your favorite here>.

Variety creates fun and "sense of wonder" and it will make EL grow out of "I'm currently training on ogres" Or am I'm being too naive here?

210538[/snapback]

that's not the point of this thread, derin.. many were whining about the new cyclops and i was showing support by giving their merits.

that's not the point of this thread, derin.. many were whining about the new cyclops and i was showing support by giving their merits.

210591[/snapback]

And i hope you understant my frustration for start train ogres at a/d 50/50 and think i will stay on them until 80/80...

it may be different for some but i get 10k defence per cyc now (barehanded) before i never really bothered with them since players gave much better...it does require more restores but hey the exp far out weighs the cost..

210591[/snapback]

So why start talking of "4 point difference per hit". Anyways....

Regarding Cyclops

The Cyclops were blessed/tainted by Mortos (depending on your outlook in life) and as such they are somewhat stronger now. If you want to weaken the cyclops you have to weaken their dominant power - Mortos. This can only be done by constantly battle the forces of the shadowlord.

Complaints will not solve this matter, but a strong sword arm and cunning magic might.

So why start talking of "4 point difference per hit". Anyways....

Regarding Cyclops

The Cyclops were blessed/tainted by Mortos (depending on your outlook in life) and as such they are somewhat stronger now. If you want to weaken the cyclops you have to weaken their dominant power - Mortos. This can only be done by constantly battle the forces of the shadowlord.

Complaints will not solve this matter, but a strong sword arm and cunning magic might.

210740[/snapback]

One of my gods in game is Mortos, and i would not like to fight forever ogres... so i'm basically screwed?