Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
myagi

help my map maker doesnt open [SOLVED]

hey i want to do some map making but i can open my map maker when i klik it it say's this can't open libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll i reinstald it but it does not work can somone help me please

Edited by Derin

oh ty didnt see the topic

[edit]

i downloaded it but when try to instal it it say can't find SDL.dll try reinstall it

Edited by myagi

Guest Alden Horowitz

I did a forums search and found this post, i have exactly the same problem! please tell me if u find out how to fix it. i'm very confused :P

I did a forums search and found this post, i have exactly the same problem! please tell me if u find out how to fix it. i'm very confused :P

As the thread says, you need to go to that other link that was posted and download it again.

Guest Alden Horowitz

ok, i re-downloaded the map editor and try'd to launch it again, this time it says SDL.dll was not found same pronlem, like i said. still confused :P

Guest Alden Horowitz

Full client as in the entire game? redownload and install the entire game? EL?? :P

Full client as in the entire game? redownload and install the entire game? EL?? :P

The map editor requires most of the EL game, it must be run from the same folder as a full EL install. The full EL does include SDL.dll

Guest Alden Horowitz

!!!! it still doesn't work!!!! :P i re downloaded the game, i installed it again, i restarted the computer just to b safe and now, now it says the same thing!! nothing was fixed or changed at all!!

EL hates me sometimes :glare:

Did you delete your old EL folder and downloaded the files from:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=download

and then also this:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=update

then you need to get the mapmaker from:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10616

This includes the sdl.dll, so make sure your computer is not blocking files and that you have full rights to install things on your computer

Guest Alden Horowitz

I found the problem, the SDL.dll file was loaded and was just sitting there in my EL directory. so when i installed the new mapmaker i put it in the map_editor folder in my EL directory and scince they wern't in the exact same folder the map editor couldn't find the SDL.dll, all i had to do was take the map editor out of the different folder and just pste it in my directory. Thank u all for the help!!! :icon13: