Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Minardus

PK list

Red tag? Hell is weird, we blue tag enemies... but umm... nah I'll pass on that. and what about the n00bs that don't join guilds?

Blue tag enemies? rofl my guild blue tags allies. and as for the noobs that dont join guilds, they deserve to die.

Why are you frustrated?

Where does it say anyone is frustrated?

Red tag? Hell is weird, we blue tag enemies... but umm... nah I'll pass on that. and what about the n00bs that don't join guilds?

Blue tag enemies? rofl my guild blue tags allies. and as for the noobs that dont join guilds, they deserve to die.

Why are you frustrated?

"and as for the noobs that dont join guilds, they deserve to die."

The person who wrote this clearly seems to have an emotional problem. If I want to stay out of guilds, I stay out and it's none of your business.

Edited by Mireille

Just kill everything what moves in pk maps and there are no problems with enemies friends etc etc !!

Edited by NitageR

Why are you frustrated?

"and as for the noobs that dont join guilds, they deserve to die."

The person who wrote this clearly seems to have an emotional problem. If I want to stay out of guilds, I stay out and it's none of your business.

Ok, and if you ever go into pk, every person there will attack you, because someone with no guild is an open target. There is no guild war made or any bad consequence from pk'ing someone with no guild. Unless u tell them u wont attack. And NitageR i like your approach, thats the meaning of pk.

Just kill everything what moves in pk maps and there are no problems with enemies friends etc etc !!

:brooding: I will remind you this words in the moment you will prefer to forget them :D

PK list makes no sense.

Being in guild is up to the players, other should not be interested in this choice :>

:sneaky: Guildless people ARE safier target.

Ok, and if you ever go into pk, every person there will attack you, because someone with no guild is an open target. There is no guild war made or any bad consequence from pk'ing someone with no guild. Unless u tell them u wont attack. And NitageR i like your approach, thats the meaning of pk.

Why would I go to PK areas? There's nothing interesting in there anyway.

Why would I go to PK areas? There's nothing interesting in there anyway.

To reach certain rare ores and resources you are forced to go through the PK map, so PK politics is getting more important there.

Ye Gil, u turn on demi and say kill everything what moves, noob.

Nah...

not this I meant:>

Edited by Gilean

To reach certain rare ores and resources you are forced to go through the PK map, so PK politics is getting more important there.

Uh? Such as?

Uh? Such as?

Hydrogenium Ore.

On the PK list thing: if you can't remember your enemies without a list maybe it's time to forgive them (if only by forgetting).

Uh? Such as?

Hydrogenium Ore.

On the PK list thing: if you can't remember your enemies without a list maybe it's time to forgive them (if only by forgetting).

Don't we have hydrogenium ore in PL titanium cave?

there are a lot of other ores coming too. hydrogenium is only supposed to be in one cave on irilion from what we've been told

there are a lot of other ores coming too. hydrogenium is only supposed to be in one cave on irilion from what we've been told

And that cave is going to be a PK map?

from what we've been told... no, you just have to go through a PK map to get to it

from what we've been told... no, you just have to go through a PK map to get to it

I hope the devs realise the absurdity of this before they make it happen.

the absurdity is there for a reason. if you wanna read mroe about it, see ents' blog or the other stuff on the forum. it has already been debated and, AFAIK, implemented (on test server)

we now return you to the real topic of the thread

ab·surd (əb-sûrd', -zûrd')

adj.

1. Ridiculously incongruous or unreasonable. See synonyms at foolish.

2. Of, relating to, or manifesting the view that there is no order or value in human life or in the universe.

3. Of or relating to absurdism or the absurd.

Would you mind explaing to which definition of absurd you are referring to, and how is that so?

Make their name pink!

I thought pink was for . . . spammers :icon13:

adj.

2. Of, relating to, or manifesting the view that there is no order or value in human life or in the universe.

Would you mind explaing to which definition of absurd you are referring to, and how is that so?

Definition number one is quite what I mean.

Why? Is that really so arcane? There are dozens of players in the EL world who just like to PK for the very fun of PKing, even if their "victims" don't want to be PKed. If I understand correctly, you want some rare ores to be accessible only after having to cross a PK map. To tell the truth, I completely fail to find a a reason for that - a reason that couldn't be dealt with in a different manner. The most obvious result of this "improvement", will be a development of plain mugging. People who are capable of mining more difficult ores are not necessarily best - or even good - fighters. If those people want to get to those rare ores, they will however have to pass a PK map. It means that they will have to find themselves in a company of retarded n00bs who can't comprehend that one doesn't want to fight them. Sure, the PKers are not the only group which has retarded n00bs in its ranks, but I think that the percentage is the highest in that group, and, what's more important, those retarded n00bs who PK without asking are more harmful than any other n00bs you can think of. Assuming that I want to get to those rare ores, I will first have to ask people "0mg l0l li3k could you kindly please let me go and not attack me" or just stack up on diss rings, but it doesn't give 100% security. Besides, it could really make people go bankrupt, because if theres a lot of those n00bs around, you will have to use plenty of diss rings just to get a batch of some ore. This IS absurd. It clearly leaves one group of players at the mercy of another group. It will NOT improve role-playing, it will NOT help the economy and it will only do harm to the game.

adj.

Definition number one is quite what I mean.

Why? Is that really so arcane? There are dozens of players in the EL world who just like to PK for the very fun of PKing, even if their "victims" don't want to be PKed. If I understand correctly, you want some rare ores to be accessible only after having to cross a PK map. To tell the truth, I completely fail to find a a reason for that - a reason that couldn't be dealt with in a different manner. The most obvious result of this "improvement", will be a development of plain mugging. People who are capable of mining more difficult ores are not necessarily best - or even good - fighters. If those people want to get to those rare ores, they will however have to pass a PK map. It means that they will have to find themselves in a company of retarded n00bs who can't comprehend that one doesn't want to fight them. Sure, the PKers are not the only group which has retarded n00bs in its ranks, but I think that the percentage is the highest in that group, and, what's more important, those retarded n00bs who PK without asking are more harmful than any other n00bs you can think of. Assuming that I want to get to those rare ores, I will first have to ask people "0mg l0l li3k could you kindly please let me go and not attack me" or just stack up on diss rings, but it doesn't give 100% security. Besides, it could really make people go bankrupt, because if theres a lot of those n00bs around, you will have to use plenty of diss rings just to get a batch of some ore. This IS absurd. It clearly leaves one group of players at the mercy of another group. It will NOT improve role-playing, it will NOT help the economy and it will only do harm to the game.

It will soo help the economy. prices of s2e will go down/up but they will be bought more. also people could pay those so-called retarded nOObs for protection.... and if they are nOObs then train for an hour and kill em yourself.And people who are capable of mining more difficult ores can be the best fighters. All the nexus needed for titanium ore is 5 inorganic nexus, thats not gonna make that much of a difference in p/c.

I agree with Mireille, I think that pking should not be such a focus to the game. Pking has now a huge role in harvesting at the expense of others. This leads to pkers having the largest role in the game, and it is unbalanced. Alchemers and harvesters have hardly any control over pkers and fighting. You can buy armor from stores, or from players. The pkers support many of the manufacturers, yet anouther strangle hold. Anouther example of how much they really control the game.

I agree with making ores hard to reach, but not fully pk or so easy as others. There should be a balance between the two.

To tell the truth, I completely fail to find a a reason for that - a reason that couldn't be dealt with in a different manner.

The first reason that I can see (and I suspect one of the primary reasons Entropy has done this) is for cooperation between people with various skills. This will pretty much force a skilled harvester to join forces with skilled fighters to gain access to the ore. Once mined, they will need to join forces with a skilled alchemist to smelt the bars, and a skilled manufacturer to make whatever the bars are used to make.

While it's possible for one person to be good enough at multiple skills needed, there will be very few in EL who are strong enough in all four skills to do this without help. And even if the are, the haulinig of non-stackable s2e swords used in harvesting would make it VERY time consuming without help.

The most obvious form of cooperation is within a guild, but a more random collection of people works just as well.

It will soo help the economy. prices of s2e will go down/up but they will be bought more. also people could pay those so-called retarded nOObs for protection.... and if they are nOObs then train for an hour and kill em yourself.And people who are capable of mining more difficult ores can be the best fighters. All the nexus needed for titanium ore is 5 inorganic nexus, thats not gonna make that much of a difference in p/c.

Wrong. I am a moderately high level (oa 72/75) character. I have a/d 39/39, p/c 12/22. I get pickpoint rather rarely those days. And have human nexus of 0. Why? Because - now pay attention - I DO NOT WANT TO BE A PKer. Read it again.

Now, for my character, "training for an hour" wouldn't help AT ALL. I would have to reset my character completely and redistribute my pickpoints, because now, even with the best gear, I am of no match to professional PKers. Yes, I do have spare PPs, but I want to spend them on artificial/magic nexus, depending on the further development of crafting. I don't want the game to force me to do things I don't want to. Sure, I can just stop playing the game, but something tells me I'm not the only one.

And as for "cooperation"... It is obvious that people will ask the best PKers for "protection". That is racketeering, not cooperation.

Edited by Mireille

Wrong. I am a moderately high level (oa 72/75) character. I have a/d 39/39, p/c 12/22. I get pickpoint rather rarely those days. And have human nexus of 0. Why? Because - now pay attention - I DO NOT WANT TO BE A PKer. Read it again.

Now, for my character, "training for an hour" wouldn't help AT ALL. I would have to reset my character completely and redistribute my pickpoints, because now, even with the best gear, I am of no match to professional PKers. Yes, I do have spare PPs, but I want to spend them on artificial/magic nexus, depending on the further development of crafting. I don't want the game to force me to do things I don't want to. Sure, I can just stop playing the game, but something tells me I'm not the only one.

No one is forcing you to actually go and harvest the ore. if you dont want to go get the ore like this, than buy it.