Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimov

Soldiering

I had the idea of being able to join one of the present ingame armies ( WS army, Trik's Army , etc). You would be able to raise in rank and stuff by doing quests. When you join the army you can get some sort of insignia, so when the eye icon is clicked over you , there could be seen: "You see Dimov, Lieutenant in the White Stone military". You could recieve some sort of reward apart from the ranks, i.e. some sort of salary or bonus to some stats/skills.

And to the new skills.

1 . Interrogation: Governing attributes : Charm, Might and Dexterity.

This skill would allow you to use different torture equipment, and higher chance to get information, from a captured npc. To train this skill, you can practice it in the prison tower of an armies stronghold, on various prisoner.

2 . Leadership: allows recrution of troops, will act similarly to summoning, will be trained in quests, and by recruiting troops from the strongholds, the higher the level, the more troops grantable to you. (charm,might and rank if the force i spose)

3. Espionage: Gather info for quests and such. Also lockpicking and stuff. ( dexterity, charm and ???)

I'm runnin low on time, pimp around with the idea.

well i like the idea but the gathering troops i think its a little bit to much...why not only be able to join and serve an army raise in rank and get a lil bonus and every once in a while go to battle or something...thats enough allready i like your idea tho:)

Being able be a part of the various organisations and structures in society is sorely missing from EL. Not only the military, but civil government etc. True 'powerplay' in RPGs didn't use to be just having biggest sword, but rising to positions of 'real' power -- General, Mayor, Lord, Abbot, and so on.

As for a 'soldiering' skill -- there is a big difference between fighting as an individual, and fighting as a coordinated team. Think Celts vs Romans! The RPG 'Pendragon' had a seperate 'Battle' skill to reflect this, though in that case large scale battles where handled more abstractly than few-on-few fights.

Still, a skill to reflect teamwork would be interesting -- a chance to block/counterstrike for an adjacent ally, or just a bonus defense?

if you join the military, shouldnt you get like a monthly pay or something?

the higher the rank the more pay

dollar.gifdollar.gifdollar.gifdollar.gif

Edited by gilthanas

This is a step up from guilds, a BIG step up... cool :P

The armies can be lead by different people, NPCs, and BOTs. For example:

-Lord Vermor's Legionaire:

-Leader-Lord_Vermor

Bonuses: Any level *Protection from gargoyles*

Rank Commander, Colonel, and General *Command over ALL gargoyles*

-Trick's Army

-Leader: Trick NPC

Bonuses: All weapons/armor donated to Trick, depending on your rank, go to army members.

-Ant Queen's Army

-Leader: Ant Queen BOT

Bonuses: Um...well... you can't join, accept for Learner and his Ant_Learner :hiya:

These are some examples :P