Eternal Lands Official Forums
ttlanhil

storage range too low

not that long ago, you could use storage from a great distance. though with this, you could use storage outside the non-manu interdictions around molgor. so it wasn't perfect

problem is, now it's too small. as an example, in NC storage 175,174 you can talk to Storil the storage dude, and open the storage window, but cannot use it. it says you're too far away

storage can get pretty crowded at times, so this makes storage trading a lot harder as well

why not just put it back to the range it was before 1.1.0 came out? it wasn't great, but it was okay

Do they all have the same range or could it vary? It would make some sense that the DP storage range could be larger because, after all, the whole cave is storage. Similarly all the storages that are in confined buildings. It would be like walking over and putting your objects on the shelf.

I'd like to say that yeah, the storage range just is too small now, and with people crowding the storages, that becomes a problem REAL fast. Not too mention the absurdity that you can talk to the NPC, but not use your storage (well, I think it absurdity, it may actually have a purpose).

On a related note, I'd like to suggest that Molgor get moved - maybe give him his own building, if possible. He's just too convenient.

It's 5 steps. During the test was 15 and was way too much. Storages are crowded becasue some of them are manufacturable areas. It will be fixed soon.

I'd like to fresh up this thread as a reminder.

Lately during weekends, there have been some real crushes around storage NPC's with EL becoming more popular (which is great!)

Judith in Morecraven Marsh has been a great addition, but has also become a popular crowd attraction as well. It would seem that any new storage NPC's would become just as crowded.

Is a compromise to widen the range or 'access circle' maybe one more player width in size viable?

The sit-down rule is helpful as well. Could it be added to the regular channel-wide chat announcements, and mentioned by mods on #1 more often? It doesn't have to be strict law, just encouraged and explained simply. Maybe some benefit for doing so? Less failures by 0.010%?

Lastly, storages indoors with one exit are difficult to manuveur in (maybe I'm claustrophobic!) DP, Nordcarn, Portland, can be a shuffling bread line at times. Don't know the cure for that!

In my case with a dial-up connection and 16mb vid card, I get very low FPS and high resync in crowds. Typing is almost impossible. There was talk of specific manu'ing and/or alch, pot'ing areas. This could help spread out the action some, too. (I know, get DSL and Alienware....lol!)

By the way, my other thought on indoor storages:

Would it be possible to have the whole room/cave/area storage accessible?

Unlikely, because that's not a client side issue. The server would need to be changed, and the distance from storage is by design so its unlikely.

By the way, my other thought on indoor storages:

Would it be possible to have the whole room/cave/area storage accessible?

Sure, if we make the entire room give you 5 points of damager per minute you are there.

The sit-down rule is helpful as well. Could it be added to the regular channel-wide chat announcements, and mentioned by mods on #1 more often? It doesn't have to be strict law, just encouraged and explained simply. Maybe some benefit for doing so? Less failures by 0.010%?

What about making the access to storage like going AFK?

When you go AFK u automatically sit down, that could be done with accessing the storage too, so when you use it your character sits down.

Cheers,

Tharzik

I think automatic sit-down is a great idea! Maybe with a short delay for those who are dropping off or picking up items and leaving.

Kind of like the way traffic is supposed to flow in NYC......