Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hyperion

wraith_v2

I would like to see a wraith or some other npc on irilion wich has the same function as the wraith... cause if we make pp on irilion we have to go to isla prima to spend our pp... and after that all the way back...

let me know what you think

greetz sniper

What do I think? I think that you're being kinda lazy.

I like the fact that, periodically, we're all forced to go back to the place where we all started.

If it's too much work, just be sure not to OA.

scafativ

If it's too much work, just be sure not to OA.

199094[/snapback]

Or save 'em up. Last time I went to the Wraith I had 10 pp's available. I only "spent" 5 of them so I've still got some left to use. There's no reason to run back to the Wraith to use each pp the second you get it.

Well it makes sense - it's not like Irilion is an abandoned continent, there has been live while we were all on Seridia and Where the hell did the Irilians get their nexuses? Yeah - that's the answer, there has to be something similar to the wraith over there B)

kl4Uz that made perfect sesne and a perfect reason of why we should implement it but dont' have it a 'wraith'

Irilian's do not get nexuses as of yet. All the Eternals (the player characters) start out in Seridia. The Wraith is unique and a feature of Seridia. Lets keep it that way.

lets say this both continents had players we only knew about siridia and they only knew about irilion... the basics are the same we use the wraith they would have to spend their pp some where... it makes sense... i am not being lazy i dont mind the trip but dont you think the irilion people need to spend pp to? how else would they have servived....

sniper

I don't think you're understanding Derin's point. ^_^ The only characters that would "originate" on Irilion would be NPCs, who don't need to spend pickpoints anyway. The only characters that would need to spend pickpoints would be the player-controlled ones, which originate only in Seridia (specifically on Isla Prima). Therefore there is no need for a pickpoint-distributer in Irilion, but only in Seridia, which we have in the form of the Wraith.

I don't think you're understanding Derin's point. ^_^ The only characters that would "originate" on Irilion would be NPCs, who don't need to spend pickpoints anyway. The only characters that would need to spend pickpoints would be the player-controlled ones, which originate only in Seridia (specifically on Isla Prima). Therefore there is no need for a pickpoint-distributer in Irilion, but only in Seridia, which we have in the form of the Wraith.

199412[/snapback]

Correct! :) tx for clarifying my post :D

Oh we absolutely understood Derin, but his lack of seeing this game as a world, rather than a MUD, is sad :P

Of course Eternals only spawn in Seridia, but where did the few (npc) inhabitants of Irilion get their attributes? (don't say the don't have attributes :) )

:D

Edited by kl4Uz

Taking that into account? You yourself should not be able to use the Irilian "wraith" then, since you did not originate from Irilion. If there was to be a wraith at all, it would only apply to those who originate from Irilion, which would only be NPCs. And since only NPCs would be able to use the "wraith", there is no real purpose to programming a "wraith" for Irilion, since you yourself would not be able to interact with it and spend pickpoints. That's why you have a wraith back on Isla Prima. :D

Taking that into account? You yourself should not be able to use the Irilian "wraith" then, since you did not originate from Irilion. If there was to be a wraith at all, it would only apply to those who originate from Irilion, which would only be NPCs. And since only NPCs would be able to use the "wraith", there is no real purpose to programming a "wraith" for Irilion, since you yourself would not be able to interact with it and spend pickpoints. That's why you have a wraith back on Isla Prima. :)

199534[/snapback]

pah I don't share your racist ideas :P One world and Wraiths for all! :D

The Eternals (player driven characters) are the only ones that gain levels, because they are (in that sense) heroes with exceptional abilities. Therefore one can assume that the other characters (NPCs) got their skills/abilities by other means. And so - no wraith on Irilion.

blegh you dont get my point...

both siridia and irilion are going to be invested with eternals(like you call them) both continents are BIG...and it wouldn't serprise me either if there would be a function to start on either siridia or irilion...but lets exclude that... a wraith on irilion for the eternals... you say only npc's live there... what is the use of those npc's over there if there aren't any players to use the npc's? so your point is BS cause npc's need eternals and the other way round... irilion should have a wraith or another npc that distributes pp and MAYBE a beam is a nice idea to... and dont go babbling about this cause its just an idea not a warzone....

sniper

What Kendai and Derin are saying is that there are NO true Irilions other than NPC's. All of us are Seridians and therefore our Wraith is in our homeland. I don't agree with having a Wraith in Irilion because then it is making it too easy on us.

If you go to Irilion and level, then save your pp's til you come back to Seridia.

What Kendai and Derin are saying is that there are NO true Irilions other than NPC's. All of us are Seridians and therefore our Wraith is in our homeland. I don't agree with having a Wraith in Irilion because then it is making it too easy on us.

Because beaming and paying 1000 gc agains is that much of a challenge? :medieval:

What if your antisocial? Then its 2.5k

You think at first

ohhh only 1.5k more

but lets say you make 4 trips to irilion

thats 10k instead of 4k

200067[/snapback]

So don't be anti-social

thats up to the players to decide... but untill the free verry is launched... its a pain in the *** to keep paying that money... and saving up pp aint all cause you want pp to increase for example your emu... you want that asap so you want to spend the pp as soon as you have enough to increase your emu...then you will have to go to the wraith to get that emu AND pay that darn fee again...

sniper

Roja told me the ferry would not be free. So this argument will likely start again. I't WOULD NOT HURT anything to have another wraith. Not all of us like to waste money time and effort travelling to spend our pp.

~EVEN BETTER~

You should just open your stats and be able to assign the pp that way, no need for the wraith then. The wraith is kind of pointless imo. :glare:

Edited by scarab2k

From a roleplaying and storyline point of view the wraith is important. And this supreme being isn't moving around at your convenience.

Some things aren't just everywhere. The wraith is unique, and should stay that way.

I did not say a second wraith i sayed another creature/npc who distrubutes pp... so maybe something like a devil(just for example) to spend pp

sniper

Roja told me the ferry would not be free. So this argument will likely start again. I't WOULD NOT HURT anything to have another wraith. Not all of us like to waste money time and effort travelling to spend our pp.

~EVEN BETTER~

You should just open your stats and be able to assign the pp that way, no need for the wraith then. The wraith is kind of pointless imo.  :glare:

200122[/snapback]

I agree.. this is the only game i have played where you have to waste time going back to square 1 to choose your stats. Why can't we just open our character stats up and choose where our pp go? Doesn't seem to have any signifigance woth storyline IMO. You want story line.. have the wraith give you quests.

It doesn't even make sense in the real world... hell I don't have to go to my preschool teacher before i can use the knowledge or skills i learned in college.. and the college diploma does not give me instant skills in one area.. they were slowly aquired through hard work on my own.

Edited by ph3r3

Here's a question for the no c2 wraith people - from a storyline POV, how are they able to mine? or make/use any armors? Just something to consider.

If there is a c2 "Wraith", personally, I don't think he should be as happy about dealing with the eternals as the current Wraith. (Perhaps he could look like the current wraith, skinned red?) that is, in not liking the eternals as much, he'd make it much more challenging to deal with him - and from there, should be a chance for better reward. just a thought.

I like your idea arnie... maybe the v2 should make us do a few quest before he knows he can trust us and lets us spend pp... and make the quests explore irilion and stuff so we also get to know the basics of irilion... might be usefull for new players as well...

sniper