Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Smile

PROXY. SETTINGS.

Do I have to conclude you are too incompetent to fix my problem ?

I USE PROXY +.

I have Kerio Personal firewall.

It will work on my machine that is directly connected to the internet (without having to pass through network.).

Eternal Lands says : Can't Resolve Server Adress. Perhaps you are not connected to the internet or your DNS server is down.

There is no alert on my Kerio.

THat is the main problem, need more details ? ask.

If your firewall is blocking port 2000, you won't get through, I think.

If that's not the problem, then yes, I'll admit that I can't help you - I know little about firewalls.

Kerio needs only a one-time permission not to block off Eternal Lands, maks sure the permission is set to always.

Most likely it's Proxy+ that screws things up for you.

My question is: Why are you using that program?

And also (as I told you before) there are countless settings in Proxy+ which you find on their web site.

if it's dns problems, then go into el.ini and change it to

#server_address = 62.93.225.26

then you don't have to do a DNS lookup, but you will have to change it if the servers addy ever changes

Edited by ttlanhil

Captain_Smile ... I think you should watch your words. Devs, admins and others on these forums are NOT your slaves, nore your employees, and the only one who is going to get in trouble for that kind of attacks is yourself.

So let them do their job peacefully ... and by the way it is not their job as they don't get paid for it: it's their passion. If you are an EL passionate too, which you certainly are for being so aggressive, then you should understand that they do whatever they can because they want it to work for as many of us as possible.

EL is a community of players, so be a teamplayer. I understand that you can "get pissed off" when your favorite game is not working, but be patient and kind to everybody, the team will thank you for that.

Yes sorry, I was slightly "annoyed" when I posted.

Im sorry about the incompetent.

I can't give a permission with Kerio, since the message doesn't seem to be getting to Kerio, as no alert appears.

EDIT 1 : Btw Sildegaar. Donation is just a fancy work for salary. They don't get payed, but they live off the naive that donate money.

Who says Entropy isn't a huge crook ? :icon13: (j/k)

EDIT 2 : Another Answer to Sildegaar : Last time I had the same problem, I was patient for 3 MONTHS. now ive been patient since June. I feel my patience is limited. But I will grant myself another Month before EL goes definately down the drain.

(don't feel aimed, it doesn't work with ANY online game neither. Probably messed up on my end too :evilgrin: )

Edited by Captain_Smile

You can if you want. Most people here will recognize that you're too incompetent to realize that the problem is between you and whatever it is you use for a DNS server.

EDIT 1 : Btw Sildegaar. Donation is just a fancy work for salary. They don't get payed, but they live off the naive that donate money.

Cute. In one statement you manage to offend both those who work on the game (the majority of whom just work out of love for the game, and have never received a cent), and those who donate money (by calling them naive).

don't feel aimed, it doesn't work with ANY online game neither. Probably messed up on my end too

Well, keep up this attitude and try getting an answer on another game forum then.

Bah...

Captain Smile, Derin had a nice answer for you...

Most likely it's Proxy+ that screws things up for you.

My question is: Why are you using that program?

198257[/snapback]

I'd recommend you'd figure out if the program's worth using, or maybe try NOT using it.

Then again, if it's DNS, ttlanhil and Placid had suggestions.

My suggestion, try something, then tell us what you tried and if it worked. Then try something else and repeat the process until something works.

Although, I like Grum's suggestion myself...

<END message to CS>

...whatever it is you use for a DNS server.

198573[/snapback]

Is it a problem if I use a stale donut for a DNS Server? (jk, it's a fresh one. :P)

Edited by Arnieman

Sorry, it worked for a Night. Now I get packet OVerrun, Data loss. Disconnected from Server.

Ill post a screenshot here shortly.

problem9nt.jpg

Has it got anything to do with todays update ?

Edited by Captain_Smile

Got it, didn't help me much :D

EDIT : FOr hells sake can't you just keep the same word filter instead of making stupid updates that obviously annoy EL perfomance :P

Edited by Captain_Smile

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this