Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tumaros

The Ocean Strider's Voyage

Humm, this will be tricky. Ill start with Copy/Paste and move all the parts into the best sequencial order I can. give me a few...hours. My bosses are gone so I am running the company today, no tech support calls. I have ridiculus amounts of time on my hands :P

Heh. Whoa, this will take a while :P I am now considering writing the whole thing as if I were the camera, watching the crowd. Rather than trying to play as THAT many characters. Ive finished copying the first page of posts. 8 pages in MSWord :P So, if you want to help. You could do what I am doing. Copy/Paste pages 7-13? or 6-13? using this format. If anyone else has time on their hands, You could divide up the pages futher and have lots of people do it. When you finish e-mail it to me EWQ222@gmail.com Good luck!

Name

Post about what happened in their post.

Name

Post about what happened in their post.

Short and simple. I am also doing a few other things. Not including any OOC (Out of character) posts or ((blah)). Change the format so the posts are the same. No italics or bold. Well, if thoughts are in italics, you might as well leave them that way, Use your best judgement. I like the italics and bold, but I want a uniform document and changing everyone else's to match would take forever :)

First we will copy the story down, then I will begin writing the "overhead view" Story.

1-6 = Done

Edited by Brom

I'll work on 7-13 for now...will email to you when I am done.

**unless someone else wants to do a few pages, then let me know and I'll do what is left**

Edited by LadyWolf

Try to keep them in order too. :P Ive done a little rearranging and I like the outcome.

Im working as fast as I can :S..call volume picked up a bit so I had to actually work :medieval:..What I don't get done from work I'll do at home tonight...

7-13 done

Total of 21 pages in MSWord

The only revising I did was spell checking.

Edited by LadyWolf

Under heavy editing :( I will submit 2 versions. One which will be first will simply be a revised and edited version of our thread posts. (What a good read!)

The other will be a story version which will take me a lot more time. Wish me luck!

Yep, I got it. Excellent work. Im rearranging the posts so they make the best sense and moving parts so that they fit in with others. I think you will like it.

Ive finished the first half. 49 Pages long in MSWord. :) I removed posts that were not needed, Synced and rearranged so that the story makes the most sense. I am now working on the second half. I need a place to upload the file however. Does someone have a webserver or place where I can host the file? Or if you would perfer I can spit it all out in a post. But it would be long.

Ben

The whole idea is to have this stuff on EL.net :-)

Is it in HTML or just plain a document?

We'll soon have a way to upload this, have approval and get it automatically published on EL.net

Thats a great idea! Ill ask Placid to host it on el.net! But before it is hosted there I need to finish the last 1/3rd. :P So until then I have a version up on Placids server.

http://www.beplacid.com/el-rp/OceanStrider.htm

No, its not perfect, And will change a lot before It is finished. but it is better. ;)

Edited by Brom

Well. It was an RP thread we had going for a good week. The chances of fitting into it now are slim. reading the thread (This thread) is a fun way. Mine has no OOC posts and I removed posts that did not relate to the rest of the story.

It is finished. We will get it onto EL.net soon. Until then, you can find it here, (Without the pretty CSS el.net will give it, it is just black and white :medieval:)

http://www.beplacid.com/el-rp/OceanStrider.htm

Also know, if you go here, you can download the story in two parts in .doc format.

http://www.beplacid.com/el-rp/

Edited by Brom

Mwahahahahahaha, that was so much fun to read again :medieval:

Do we get rewards to go with those awards? :P lol just kidding :P

Oh, and one of LadyWolf's posts were off, just under two-thirds of the way down the page. When she edited her post to take into account things that would happen later on, you kept that as part of her post, even though you repeated that edit in the proper place just a few entries later. Just in case you didn't notice ^_^ It's when the guards attack Pennifuin, Brom, LadyWolf, etc. and just after Atahn casts his teleportal spell that brought me and him to an unknown place (just outside Lord Vermor's summer home as we soon discover). Sorry I can't be more specific ^_^;;;

Well done on editing it all! :D Simply an amazing job to squish that all into a coherent format :P

I still found several typo's in there..but other than that..You get the award for editing and putting this all together.

**also noticed the passage kendai was talking about**

** w00t I got an award!!**

Edited by LadyWolf