Eternal Lands Official Forums

okay, assuming that this is going to happen... I still think doing potions and all anims first is better. it's easier, and you can hence use it as practice for the harv ones

(still think areas would be simpler though... sitting in a feild of flowers or going through rubble on the ground itself means you know you can use a downwards anim safely)

roja is going to add more animations to the diffrent actions now that the cal3d system is in place, thanks to its skeleton based animation system.

so while they will not show up at the next update (the one that will bring the cal3d to the public), it will most likely show up in the updates following.

one thing that really needs to be sorted is the walking action, i.e so that we dont look like we;re walking around with a tit long up our bee-hinds.

its something that really annoys me, and is one of the reasons one of my best gaming buddies did not start playing el :(

2 yrs old topic ^^

If this would be brought up as a new topic, there would be complaints about seaching before posting. When one does search and revive old thread with some addition, it is also considered negative. So does this mean, that all ideas suggested and forgotten are also forbidden to be reconsidered after some time?

By now this topic is 5 years old, so there's maybe another, more recent, thread to post in.

Still i'd like to express that i definetly support the idea for harvesting/mixing animations since those activities are a big part of the game.

Also when stumbling upon negative texts about EL on the web, i found that these little things summon a huge deal of criticism versus the game. And with fedora making those nice emotes recently, there'd also be a developer already familiar with the animation system at hand. :pickaxe:

So i'd like to see this discussion reopened. For me, even the most simple animation without regard to the actual direction/distance to the harvestable would suffice. Just something that makes large crowds of harvesting players seem less like a wax museum.

Nice digging :icon13:

I agree it would be nice with some harvesting animation and to make it easier on the eyes for other ppl thats playing maby make it so you are the only one that can see it like the harv effect?

Nice digging :pickaxe:

I agree it would be nice with some harvesting animation and to make it easier on the eyes for other ppl thats playing maby make it so you are the only one that can see it like the harv effect?

Hmm, i think that would defeat the purpose, since then your char would be harvesting, but everybody around you would still look like a wax figure.

Nice necro indeed, and I see the problem had been well researched already in 2005.

The implementation of client-side poses should really help minimize the server changes (but still, it would increase overall data traffic, which could be unwelcome to those players on capped or low-band links). A cheap solution could be to run animations ONLY for the character at distance 1 from the resouce, maybe only if they willingly take the right orientation (i.e., +/- 45 degrees from the resource), while allowing harvesting as normal (but without animation) at all other positions.

Nice job searching indeed. :pickaxe:

(Very big difference when an old thread is pulled up for a useful purpose. Glad to see it.)