Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

you know you use computers too much when.....

....you're chewing some gum and it doesn't taste good so you say "yuck i have to delete it" :shock:

hehe i said that today :P anyone else say or do stupid/funny things from using a computer too much?

pretty much everything on the thread you know your addicted to EL when...

copycat :twisted:

My roommate has attempted to pronouce "stfu". It sounded something like "stew foo". It's become something of a private joke among some of my friends.

When im writting work and make a mistake i try and delete it and when i feel ill i get an urge to scan myself with a virus scanner

a few days ago I was tyring to get some ice for my drink......by clicking on the ice the stuff just would not go in the cup!!!! (it was probably 3 am or later i was tired :P )

When you're writing code/scripts by hand while travelling to a meeting... (guilty as charged :-/)

When you use and remember 20+ different passwords (passwords defined as strings of random characters :P)

When you know that the error message "Printer on fire" (changed to unknown error in 2.4.20-ac4 iirc?) is nothing to worry about :)

Furthermore I have a tendency to open a command prompt whenever I'm forced to use a Windows-based machine hence getting disappointed that there's no /bin/bash, emacs or even vi :-(

When there's no place like 127.0.0.1

When you end a sentence with :wq occasionally (has happened too many times :-/)

Huh? vi/vim are great (and light-weight) editors...? I take it that you are an Emacs user (only good alternative that I could think of :))

I tend to use a linear combination of pico and nedit. Most people at work here love vi, but i never got past the learning curve.

Fortunately, I don't have to use vi now, but a few years ago, when I worked for a web programmign company I had to use it a lot, since some clients didn't have any other text editor, and I had to modify various config files, etc.

Anyway, my favorite text mode editor under Linux is mcedit. It's nice, intuitive, has syntax highlighting, etc.

YOu know you use the computer too much when

You title a project "5//@11 5|-|iP5 0f //@R"

Or when you get up, your internet isn't working, and you go back to bed...

I could, but I'm using a premade arm linux distro. I can mount an nfs share to use some better stuff, though, so it's ok. I still have to use vi for stuff though.