Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LadyWolf

Mercury

I and many others I have spoken with think that maybe making mercury a little more affordable would be a nice idea.

Maybe do some sort of quest, like the cheap wine and cheap leather quest, where once you complete the quest you can buy a bulk of mercury for a lower price.

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

I and many others I have spoken with think that maybe making mercury a little more affordable would be a nice idea.

Maybe do some sort of quest, like the cheap wine and cheap leather quest, where once you complete the quest you can buy a bulk of mercury for a lower price. 

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

177618[/snapback]

Already going to be taken care of.

I alsways thought you could make mercury harvestable, In an extremely cold place of course, keeping it solid.... the catch is if they want to harvest the mercury they would need many cold protection Items to not die almost in seconds from the cold.

I alsways thought you could make mercury harvestable, In an extremely cold place of course, keeping it solid.... the catch is if they want to harvest the mercury they would need many cold protection Items to not die almost in seconds from the cold.

179075[/snapback]

And in addition to that, you would need Gloves to protect yourself while you harvest it plus vials to keep it in (a full Vial would be heavier).

All that alone will keep players from harvesting it in Mass Quantities.

I like the idea of Mercury being only harvestable in a pvp map. Adds some interesting perspectives of teamwork, alliances and some more

If your mining mercury, then it would be a mercury ore (most common: Cinnabar) which would then be refined into the metallic form you currently buy.

In EL turning the ore to the metal would require fire and air essences (in an analogy to the real process).

Cinnabar is dangerous to touch, so gloves are recommended. Veins of the mineral can be found associated with volcanic activity and hot springs.

See wikipedia for more information.

This is just a question but: doesnt mercury come out from other metals we mine here in real life?-or something of that sort- and if so then why not let it be a secondary harvest. I mean like lets say the mercury comes from iron ore and then we put a 1/20 ratio to get mercury while your harvesting, it woulnt give any exp though, since you cant 'strike' it with a pickaxe, also it would be more challenging-in a way :D - to have to wear gloves to pick up the mercury and since mercury would be a bi-product it will appear in a bag drop.

Though it would be cool to have them at cheaper prices and such :pickaxe_rune:

Or another idea, for a medieval theme - why not have to process silver to make mercury (logic: mercury = "quicksilver" :lol: )

Mercury is an ore it is made liquid by heating it. It could be harvested as an ore heated and with a FE. How is that for a thought?