Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FeLkkU

New spell while harvesting

Maybe we should have new spell, which protects against all negative harvesting events(telport, bees, cavern wall, Mother Nature).

It could work for few mins.

Sigils: Create, Earth, Protection

That could be use for earth ess, may need some other ess too.

Special Thanks to JEdge640 for Desing.

Edited by felkku

Not bad idea :o

Wait for admins.. what they think about speLL .

Edited by NitageR

Maybe we should have new spell, which protects against all negative harvesting events(telport, bees, cavern wall, Mother Nature).

It could work for few mins.

Sigils: Create, Earth, Protection

That could be use for earth ess, may need some other ess too.

Special Thanks to JEdge640 for Desing.

175167[/snapback]

If such a spell were created, it should reduce the chance, not make you immune to them. Plus it should also reduce the positive ones as well, not just the negative.

Good idea felkku

Learner  Posted Today, 06:38 PM

If such a spell were created, it should reduce the chance, not make you immune to them. Plus it should also reduce the positive ones as well, not just the negative.

i agree if it would make you immun all players would have cast the spell over and over again

Plus it should also reduce the positive ones as well, not just the negative.

Would it be possible to reduce them anymore? I get beaten up when I go harvesting and I only get a few coins and maybe, if I'm lucky, a serp stone, which doesn't really help me in any way.

P.S. I came up with the idea, but I was too lazy to post it at the time. :P

Since the events are there to prevent AFK harvesting, perhaps the spell would nullify the effect of the next event, but you would still stop harvesting. Then you could cast it again and start harvesting again.

Hap_Loder

how about splitting it into two spells instead - one for harvesting minerals (Create, Earth, Protection - requires earth ess + maybe some other ?matter?), and one for flowers, veggies and fruit (Create, Air, Protection - requires air ess + maybe some other ?matter?).

Logically, cave-ins would be seen as earth-related, where as bees could be seen as air related.

And then I like Hap_Loder's idea about still stopping you from harvesting.

But the question then should be, should this spell also interfere with the positive happenings? (ie. MN's blessing and the bags of gold)

yesterday i broke 5 pickaxe in a hour with silver ore harvest

As well, I lose a ton of picks and a ton of health. It makes me mad when all I get is 10 coins as a "gift".

Since the events are there to prevent AFK harvesting

Yea, it stops AFK harvesting, but what about the people who aren't AFK harvesting?

But the question then should be, should this spell also interfere with the positive happenings?

I don't think it should. As I said before I only get a few coins each time. Not enough coins to pay for the pickaxes that break while harvesting. For blessings, the highest I've ever gotten was 600-700 range and I'm at 52 harvest, which doesn't really make much of an impact on getting my next level. I've never gotten a ros. stone from harvesting and have only gotten a serp. stone once or twice in the time I've played.

"Logically" if a spell can interferre with the negative effects from outside, it should affect the positive effects as well unless it is a very high level spell. Blocking all of a type of effect is simpler then having a spell determine if the result of the effect is good or bad as well.

I think it's a very fair tradeoff...reduce the bad effects but you are taking your chances on not getting a good one either. You make the value judgement of whether or not losing all that health or getting tp'd around a bit is worth the chance to NOT get a rostogol stone or serp stone or a little extra gc or exp.

Well, if there's a spell to decrease both positive and negative effects, there should be a spell to increase them. Take the damage hit in exchange for increased change of finding the stones...

I don't know about having a way to increase or decrease both... I mean, at the current rate, I'm constantly smacked with walls and bees and MN just being mean. I also get a few coins, but the amount is not enough to me to qualify them as anything above "nuisance". However, I would actually like it if I could find more than the 1 rotogal stone out of the 3(?) months since it's implementation that I've found... and maybe actually seeing a serpent stone would be nice if I ever plan to actually be a decent manufactor. But, I'd probly just as soon put up with hundreds of deaths to MN, just to MAYBE get a stone that I never seem to get...

EDIT: forgot something...

I personally don't see any real benefit to having such a spell, unless it could decrease the rate or damage taken by negative harvest events without affecting the rate/value of the positive harvest events. If you have to be willing to take more bad for good, or less good for bad, I would ask why bother with making this?

Edited by Arnieman