So, where's the problem for people who fight all the hours and get a lot of

easy xp points?

At the moment the monster drop is good.

Blodoks

174773[/snapback]

lucky you because i haven't had a cloak in so many weeks, now

lucky you because i haven't had a cloak in so many weeks, now

174819[/snapback]

I have killed tons and tons of ogres, i have only had 3-4 capes in at least 30 a/d levels.... You must have been VERY lucky...

i agree male orcs drop alot, but all other monsters drop crap

i train smeg lot and earn 3-4k per run, but degrade armor realy quik

so i earn 4k and lose 9k of armor+lose of HE/sr

sometimes lucky i have a rare drop wich i cant sell..

i need to buy new SR's and HE of what money ?

im lucky i can PK , but alot people use rostogol

money realy need to be higher, maby replace some rare books with bags with gold with random factor

lowered drops are good, and i wouldnt mind more money afcourse, like 0-100 per fruffy would be great, 0-400 sounds too much

were drops lowered more in the last couple of days? because if not, they are still pretty common, i dont train much and i still get capes and books from fluffy, ogre also drops swords and hammers, even got a serp book from it a day or two ago and i just kill it when he comes by

for fighers reduced drops are not a bad thing anyway, you will just sell one cape for 20k instead of 10 capes for 2k.. except if you are really unlucky and dont get anything :P

Edited by shasso

Maybe the people complaining about losing money from fighting monsters should consider wearing cheaper armor when fighting?

Guest Enyo
lowered drops are good, and i wouldnt mind more money afcourse, like 0-100 per fruffy would be great, 0-400 sounds too much

were drops lowered more in the last couple of days? because if not, they are still pretty common, i dont train much and i still get capes and books from fluffy, ogre also drops swords and hammers, even got a serp book from it a day or two ago and i just kill it when he comes by

for fighers reduced drops are not a bad thing anyway, you will just sell one cape for 20k instead of 10 capes for 2k.. except if you are really unlucky and dont get anything :P

174842[/snapback]

i heard that fluffy still gets drops but ogres are not and fluffies were not but now they are .. i've not gotten a cape from an ogre in a month i think

Yea i dont get any good drops lately,

when i went on fluf at the beginning i remember i had like 8 rare cloaks on 1 day! that was insane much.

But now i did a reset a few weeks ago, and since them im training on fluf alot and i have gotten like 5 cloaks on his most.

And i NEVER get an tit chain anymore i used to have 30 but they all break i got like 4 left it suks, i know thats good for manufacture's but i also need to sell my drops to buy new armors / potions and other.

so the idea of more gold sounds good to me, we fighters get more money to buy thigns of manuers.

Atleast try it , it probely makes the economie better.

I just thought... if the drops are stopped and gc is higher where will people get thier cloaks??  <_<

174859[/snapback]

Yeah, good point, where will the rare capes come from then?

I just thought... if the drops are stopped and gc is higher where will people get thier cloaks??  <_<

174859[/snapback]

not stopped, REDUCED. So cloaks will mean something, not everybody's grandma will have one :)

only books will be stopped more or less, and those are buyable at NPC

Edited by shasso

LMAO this now means us fighters get more gc and less cloaks etc... that we will just buy with the extra gc we get. Also if cloak etc.. get more rare we will need more gc to pay for them therefor things are just the same as now. :)

Thats right aint it?

LMAO this now means us fighters get more gc and less cloaks etc... that we will just buy with the extra gc we get. Also if cloak etc.. get more rare we will need more gc to pay for them therefor things are just the same as now.  :)

Thats right aint it?

174871[/snapback]

No, it wont be the same, there will be fewer cloaks in storage and once that happens things can be tuned again.

No, it wont be the same, there will be fewer cloaks in storage and once that happens things can be tuned again.

174873[/snapback]

you cant really decrease the amount of mirror cloaks in storage, they cannot break.....

Edited by Tidus

174873[/snapback]

Fewer cloaks=price goes up then the extra gc we get from monsters just goes towards cloaks a stuff. So we'r not any better off than before.

Cloaks will be rare and valuable. So its exciting to have one and to collect money for it, like it used to be, atm they are just junk :)

Why would you buy cloaks if you are a fighter? You will use the money on rings,he,sr,armor and people who make that will buy cloaks

you cant really decrease the amount of mirror cloaks in storage, they cannot break.....

Dont worry, people loose mirrors when they die, or in pk, then also noobs harvest lilacs for a week to buy them and quit and so on.. new ppl are coming in game every day and they will buy the capes from pkers and jumpers untill stocks run out :) it will take some time tho

As for the price of rostogol stones, well it's easy enough to make them a slighty more frequent find so as to negate any possable price rise.

no need for that, the max price is determined already, you dont buy rosto for 50k if full plate+serp is worth 45k and usually dont loose everything. Only thermal guys would pay more if they can afford it, but there isnt many of those

Edited by shasso

Well i agree with Learner, I fight Trolls and ogres wearing iron helm,steel shield,steel chain,leather pants, leather boots. They are cheap, and easy to make. So you use a few more sr's but then the money isn't important anymore as what isn't easy to make is dropped with enough frequency to replace what is destroyed. sr's are also cheap and or easy to make :)

As for random gold bag of 100 gold or something, well the odd random 1 out of 50 or something wouldn't damage the economy and it would make a nice surprise.

As for the price of rostogol stones, well it's easy enough to make them a slighty more frequent find so as to negate any possable price rise.

I think the biggest problem here is that we need a little more variety, not only in the monsters were fighting but weapons and armour available.

Firstly monsters...well in EG we have a thread where we all muck in monster ideas, it's great maybe a few zombies, a demon or 2, a vampire, or even some sort of mutant thingy would make EL a little more fun.

As for weapons and armour, well how about magic armour, we have magic weapons, just think of iron plate of ice, i would negate an ice sword but a fire sword would cause a little more damage, it would defo make pk a little more interesting for those who pk.

Meh, just a few ideas, i like to throw ideas about, I think a bit more variety will liven EL up a bit :D

(and why is it ogres only ever eat boots ?!?! ) :)

EL economy is suck now..

I remember times (not long ago) when for example mm cape was for 14-18k gc (now is 5-6k gc as we know) etc.

So ? ....

There is too much stuff in game or some n00bs make a bidding for the lowest price.... i see on #3 it "sometimes"...

Low price is good when you want buy something but suck when you sell items <_<

Ech.. be a fighter is hard thing :)

Edited by NitageR

Guest Enyo

i would like to point out that i also LOVE getting the cloaks and other goodies in the game.. not only to sell but it just makes it more fun.. kinda like and i'm feeling ancient here as i say this.. finding a little toy in a box of cracker jacks or a surprise in your favourite cereal box.. ok this is pretty much an american icon, i think..but, in otherwords, it's just fun and once the game stops being fun.. then what's the point.. for me, all the politics make it NOT fun and very boring. in my personal honest opinion, there is already so much boredom on the game. it's a great game but gets very boring at a certain point.. there isn't enough of a variety of monsters to train on..especially for higher level players in attack and defense.. passing to the next level or at least 5-10 levels or so should be made a little more interesting and worthwhile such as having some sort of theme or quest, etc etc etc.. je sais pas..maybe there can be a reward for entering each new decade of levels.. 20's.. 30's...40's and so on and so on and so on..other than that, it's mindless clicking and clicking and clicking and clicking = B O R I N G.

PS: I still love the game...

i would like to point out that i also LOVE getting the cloaks and other goodies in the game.. not only to sell but it just makes it more fun.. kinda like and i'm feeling ancient here as i say this.. finding a little toy in a box of cracker jacks or a surprise in your favourite cereal box.. ok this is pretty much an american icon, i think..but, in otherwords, it's just fun and once the game stops being fun.. then what's the point.. for me, all the politics make it NOT fun and very boring.  in my personal honest opinion, there is already so much boredom on the game.  it's a great game but gets very boring at a certain point..  there isn't enough of a variety of monsters to train on..especially for higher level players in attack and defense.. passing to the next level or at least 5-10 levels or so should be made a little more interesting and worthwhile such as having some sort of theme or quest, etc etc etc.. je sais pas..maybe there can be a reward for entering each new decade of levels.. 20's.. 30's...40's  and so on and so on and so on..other than that, it's mindless clicking and clicking and clicking and clicking = B O R I N G.

PS:  I still love the game...

174966[/snapback]

@Monsters: More are expected. It's been said multiple times. But right now, they are swapping everything to Cal3D and don't really have the ability to focus on new monsters (graphic wise atleast) right now. Reference

@Quests: Wasn't it possible to write your own quests to put into the game? Maybe you could try that then. :blink:

The recentish jump in Ros Stone prices isn't due to decreased drops, but rather the orginized hoarding and pricefixing on the part of a few individuals.

Also as previously pointed out in this thread, there is a max price they can sell for, before they negate their worth.

Fighting is at the top of the skill tree and therefore should continue to be not greatly profitable until the highest levels - perhaps even higher than our top fighters currently are now.

There's a lot that can be done to fix the experience vs wealth problems that I've pointed out over a couple other threads.

*Sleeps*

Guest Enyo
The recentish jump in Ros Stone prices isn't due to decreased drops, but rather the orginized hoarding and pricefixing on the part of a few individuals.

i agree

Also as previously pointed out in this thread, there is a max price they can sell for, before they negate their worth.

i disagree

Fighting is at the top of the skill tree and therefore should continue to be not greatly profitable until the highest levels - perhaps even higher than our top fighters currently are now.

i very much disagree.. WHY shouldn't it be profitable when other skills are?  that's a ridiculous statement, sorry.  fighters at ALL levels.. not only the higher levels need to be compensated for their efforts other than exp which comes from mindless repetitive clicking which makes jack or jill a very bored charactor.

174972[/snapback]

i disagree

there is a cap. if you try to sell rost stones at the cost of full plate + sword + cape... who would bother buying one? you either have a 50/50 chance to lose each item, or pay the full amount to get a 0/100 chance to drop. anything over 50% of the cost of the items they're protecting and the fighters start to lose out.

i very much disagree.. WHY shouldn't it be profitable when other skills are?  that's a ridiculous statement, sorry.  fighters at ALL levels.. not only the higher levels need to be compensated for their efforts other than exp which comes from mindless repetitive clicking which makes jack or jill a very bored charactor.

174987[/snapback]

starting at the first point, fighting is at the top of the tree. this is not as bad as some games, but still far too true. unless you sell to trik, where does your armour end up? either the fighters or those collecting fur/etc to sell stuff to fighters/etc

most potions go to fighting. most harvesting goes into stuff that fighters eventually use.

as for profitability... there should be some profit for fighting at any level, provided you use appropriate gear.

if you use plate when fighting trolls, you should lose out. toughest gear for toughest monster (only fluffy/chim (and pvp) should be worth using the most expensive gear)

the big cost for fighters is the gear they break, followed, I guess, by lost deathbags when a fight goes wrong (which is another issue).

using less expensive gear stops this being an issue (though maybe if all metal items got damaged instead of destroyed first up it would help this idea)

the trouble with monsters dropping gear to replace that the fighters lose, is that the fighters are becoming self-reliant, and that's bad for the rest of the economy (it's fighter driver, remember).

having monsters drop money instead of equipment (and of an amount of gold (and maybe a few could drop an occasional plat?) roughly equivelant to the cost of the equipment players used to get) should fix the problem. fighters can still get the same amount of gear, but now the rest of the economy sells more stuff as well.

plus the fact that monsters having coins is more realistic than books and such :lol:

Edited by ttlanhil

I'm only responding to you Enyo, so don't pull the 'Stop flaming me card!'

Fighting is profitable, but in all other games I've seen, fighting is only as profitable as strong as the player is. Strong players in all games tend to be richer than weaker ones. That's how the chain works. This game shouldn't be any different. Ogres are only middle-class monsters, while cyclops and greater would more-or-less be considered the upper level ones. Therefore, in generic reality, a cyclops should be more profitable than an ogre, as an ogre should bring more profit than hunting goblins.

Also, fighters do nowhere near as much clicking as an alchemist or, say, a manufacturer does. Do you know how many times I've clicked 'mix' to get 9,568,153 alchemy experience? Fighting is pretty laid back for a skill compared to others. As long as you have a source of income, whether it be breaking even by fighting or getting extra by another skill, fighting is very easy to do. Time-burning but easy.

Other skills are NOT as profitable as you think. I wouldn't expect you to know just how much manufacturing and crafting can burn out of you, or how many hours you'll spend at the diamond mines/vermor's grave to level your harvesting, or how many hours you'll spend gathering materials just to alchemy/make potions. It is NOT profitable because the profit does not measure up to the amount of time it takes. The only real thing that is truly 'profitable' is selling lilacs. It's possible to make 10-15k a day selling nothing but lilacs, whereas with fighting, someone could make 300k+ in one day by getting a general axe book (when the book was worth something). You're in the same boat as every single one of us are in. Fighting is not being picked on NEARLY as bad as other skills are.

Main thing about all of this? It's that you're talking about things when you really have no idea of the truth. You can take that as a flame but I don't intend for it to be.