Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FRoGkiLL

Heard books are gonna stop being monster drops..

Do you think books should keep on being droped?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think books should keep on being droped?

• Yes
    • no
    • don't care
    • Yes to change market prices

the only problem is the market prices - they are far too low, because there are too many in circulation - radicaly reduce drop rates yes...but NO to getting rid of them.

I think stopping these drops is bad.. coz the new NPC prices are so high  :D

Take part in my poll  :P

174353[/snapback]

Monsters dropping these books fast in the first place is what made them incredibly useless items in a short time.

the drop rate can change, as a lot of people feel that the drop rate is too high and some fell like it is too low so it could possibly go each way.

The developers are trying to make an effort on issues such as this that is why there is the players representative counsil. if you have suggestions on issues such as monster drop rates contact the apropriate representative.

I think that most books should only be able to be bought ONLY except for maybe tit serp books....gen axe books....bear summoning, magic and crafting potion....ect

I think that most books should only be able to be bought ONLY except for maybe tit serp books....gen axe books....bear summoning, magic and crafting potion....ect

174485[/snapback]

that might help things. or maybe have a sliding scale. the more valuable the book is, the more it costs (and not just linearly, the top few books may cost ten times as much as the previous one, as an example. see the sword costs from the blacksmith). have monster drops as well, but they can be scaled back a lot, though the scaling back needs to be continuous (1).

the supply/demand balance needs to be refound for it to work

1) no doubt back when book drops started, it would have worked well. how many people could have killed fluffy and chim at the start of the RL year? then it would have been something that the best fighters can do for cash. now a lot of people can kill monsters, and there's not enough people buying the books to keep up with the supply

i voted yes to have them keep on being dropped...

those books are my extra 'pocket change' for a poor draegoni :(

-kat

174485[/snapback]

I agree, the amount of books you get from gargs,orcs and armed gob is unbelievable and they still get called rare :( . I think these books should be stopped and the real rare books like gen axe,human,dwarf and elf fighting should keep on being droped ;)

Edited by FRoGkiLL

I think that the books should still be MDs but maby the ratio of the drops needs 2 be lowerd so they don't drop as often as they do now.

(edit: missed a word lol)

Edited by Entris

I also think they should still be dropped but very rare. Just because it makes things more exciting and more diverse, you have two ways to get a book.

Ye, I have 6 iron axe con. books lol but on market they cost like 1-2k and NPC is 35k.

No-one will buy it for a better price than 1-2k cause the iron axe is rubbish. Especially when anyone can afford a tit long or serp.. also the book is droped so much!

I think books should not be dropped at all.

174887[/snapback]

why? if only NPC buys you just make money-buy book, make money-buy book at preset price. But if some are dropped, you also ask around on market if some1 has it, you negotiate price, etc. Its not much, but any diveristy is good for the game