Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Mind

Top 50 list

I suggest that the top 50 list be extended to top 100 since the game is expanding a little bit.

And that all of the lists be in their own column, so that the format looks a little better.

I suggest that the top 50 list be extended to top 100 since the game is expanding a little bit.

And that all of the lists be in their own column, so that the format looks a little better.

174296[/snapback]

50 is better.. maybe top 100 when player limit reaches 800+ or something.

i agree dax, however, it COULD be reagranged so that its easier to see

and maye add a top 50 average of 9 skills in there too

i agree dax, however, it COULD be reagranged so that its easier to see

and maye add a top 50 average of 9 skills in there too

174317[/snapback]

Yeah. You have to give all rounders a boost. :P

I like mr.mind's idea.. coz i would maybe make it :P

Shiv's idea too coz it gives you a better idea of who you can take in a pk map AND a more accurate ranking on the number one fighter! :D

I, frankly, don't see reason to make top 100s list, but there should be list for top50s with highest average skill level (or most xp in skills - that's more less the same).

Other list like Shivar's one? Why not, could be interesting.

vanyel

Well i agree with Mr.Minds the game is getting big people get higher stats it would be cool to have a top 100 of all skills, and i also like the idea's of the 9 skill average and the combat fighting average or something.

I think it should go the other way and be the top 20 list again. Nobody really pays attention to the bottom of the lists.

Nobody really pays attention to the bottom of the lists.

175471[/snapback]

I certainly do!

i'm agree with top average fight, top average skill but i think for most skills 100 is higher like summon and manu, maybe try top 80 first

I don't think that longer lists of names are really necessary, though a few other categories would be nice -- such as the all-rounder list suggested some time ago, where characters would have an 'underall level' of their lowest skill level, and be ranked by this (still with the highest levelled characters at the top).

Instead of increasing the length of the lists, I would be interested in seeing the distribution of various skills, so that players can see where their characters fit in the overall population.

For example, produce percentile tables for skills*. This would give the percentage of characters at or below a given skill level, and is relatively easy to compute. However, to avoid bias by spam characters, only include characters with a OA over some minimum (20?).

It would also be interesting to see the overall distributions in levels between the different skills. You cannot make many assumptions about the difficulty or ease of a skill from the top few highest ranked characters, since these usually represent statistical anomalies with little bearing on the overall population.

*If you read my other posts, it may seem like I am obsessed with this statistic! I have found it very useful for this sort of thing though. Spot the mathematical modeller...

Edited by trollson