Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

A got pretty many problems

Hi ya'll

I'll have a registred user here soon ( Zoram ) but just couldn't wait for the activation code before posting this.

Fist off, I'm working night at a hoel reception and unfortunately we have firewall de la grande here. First I couldn't connect to the game couldn't find server on port 2000, so I switched the port to 80 then I got as far as the connection page. So I clicked new character. So far so good, but when I tried to type in my char name it wouldn't type out the letters I tried for like 30 mins but no luck, then I got pissed and held the key down, VOILA, then I wrote a letter. Well using this metod I got my username and password written down but then we got to the next problem: I couldn't press done. The mouse over kinda effect worked but nothing happened when I pressed the done button. So I used the back button to get to the log in screen and typed in like username, aragorn and password 1234 and then tried to connect, Nothing happened. Not even a "You have entered the wrong username/password" sign. What could possibly be wrong? I have a laptop ( 2,2 ghz, with an ATI card ). But since I get perfect gfx on the new character menu I don't think my gfx is a problem. If any1 has a clue on what could be wrong plz mail me or post it here ( mail: snurf@hotmail.com )

Thanks in advance

/ Daniel

Sounds like your video card doesn't support opengl, or you're not using accelerated drivers. What card is it?

Perhaps you should try to change you ATI drivers to recent one .. that support OpenGL. But thinks it's not the problem.

The other problem that could appear is the firewall ... the port 80 of the eternal land server give you some stats of the server ... so i think it's the main problem. The logon screen should be on you computer as far as i know the game :(

So ... sorry ... try to aske someone with high bandwith server to create some TCP tunnel on port 80 for you that conenct to port 2000 of eternal lands server that should give you possibility to play.

Well, I figured that would be the problem. :roll:

Problem with my gfx drivers is that there isn't any new since a have a special portable card, and there's like one version in total with drivers for that card.

Well well I have to try it when I get home in a week ( work one week at a ski resort and then home one week, that's why I wanted to solve it so I could play here )

Thx for all suggestions and help tho.

/ Daniel

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this