Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daejin

Telia - Book buyer

This new book buyer is a insult. Most books even rare sell for less than 20gc and even much less than that. Whats the point of it? Is this supposed to be incentive to get rid of excess books? Yeah right, people are going to flipping quit this game, or just end up dropping books on the ground like has been happening already.

If this is any indication of what the next major update is to be, say goodbye to alot of veterans of the game. Perhaps im making a hasty judgement, perhaps there is other book buyers that buy for more, but somehow i dought it.

I highly recommended changing this before this game gets any more negative light it has on it, than it has already.

:(

Anyways thats my suggestion..

lol i agree b4 this i could sell steel shield construction for like 200gc maybe but now i may have to sell it for 50 with the npc will lower the price again...

i agree with daejin :(

NPC buy prices don't lower the price you can sell at, they place a minimum price since nobody will sell for less they can sell to an NPC for.

As for the 20gc comment, think of al the people with stockpiles of books, this way they can at least get something for their extra copies.

If the prices are not gonna change i would just remove that NPC. It's useless.

And I will continue selling medallions books for 500 (dont know how many you would have to sell to that npc to get 500 gc :lol: ). Now I will have more custommer for my "useless" pile of books, since they are about 5k - 10k at Itilly.

Really, that NPC is useless.

Edited by i92guboj

Ah once again the complaining begins.

Instead of being happy with what they get, they complain for what they want.

Books to be bought at 1-5k a piece. So that away we can all make runs for our books. FREE MONEY FOR ALL!!

If you want to quit for such a stupid reason as an NPC not giving you more that what you previously COULD GET, please do. The community will be better of without your incessant bitching about stupid small things.

First of all I do appologize for sounding harsh in my first post, and i could of been more tactful and respectful, yes i was irrated. However if you believe it or not, free game or not, people wont stick around much longer. In alot of threads on here & in game, from people I have talked to ingame only stick around because of the anticipation of the next major update or various other hopeful changes.

There have been some very talented players here that know a good working knowledge of certain aspects of economy/playability/graphics/programming/overall gameplay. Yet there suggestions rarely get into the game, so they leave.

It amazes me however that everytime when a suggestion is made there is at least one person who tears into the person who makes the suggestion. Try tackleing the suggestion rather than the person.

All these bandaid patches will do nothing for the confidence & playability of the game plain and simple. Just look at history, has it taught us nothing?

I do truely hope the big update however will be a step in the right direction, and so far what i have seen in the various development threads seem to be a very good sign. But again however with a update like this and a NPC so ridiculous, it has to make people wonder whats really going on here.

And to address quinticus, dont be so ignorant, you think anyone is going to quit because of one NPC? From the way you sound online I would say your frustrated and willing to throw in the towel yourself. If anyone quits it will be because of many other problems combined and this would only be a final tipping of the scales.

Everyone please realize that this isn't a complete game, its beta/alpha, whatever phase, and because of this every person in the game is a developer in a sense, everyone is testing it, everyone is making suggestions, and everyone is the guinea pig. So in my professional opinion, if some drastic changes have to be made to initiate growth for the game then it is what has to be done.

I personally have 3 developed characters, which have different roles in the game, if i had to loose them and restart over for the sake of advance, then so be it, and i think alot of veteren players would agree with me.

If one positive thing however did come from this update, is this. Now i can make a 4th character which goes and sits in wsc library and becomes a book retailer. :)

3k for general axe aswel... rofl

Nope, i think he pays 300gc since prices were dropped by 90 % and gen axe is 30k from npc.

Edited by felkku

Well just think of it this way, when you sell the books to the other players that have to pay you more than that price, noone is going to sell the book for lower than the price you could sell it for. The only reason it is there is to make sure the price of the books dont fall below that.

Well just think of it this way, when you sell the books to the other players that have to pay you more than that price, noone is going to sell the book for lower than the price you could sell it for. The only reason it is there is to make sure the price of the books dont fall below that.

168684[/snapback]

Thats fine for a few books, how about the other rare books that are 10-20gc to sell? Give it a month and the price will be slightly above the npc's suggested resale value. It happened with FE, and a majority of other products.

No it wont, who is there right mind is going to sell a rare book for 20gc? if people are steal whiling to buy a book for more than that they why would anyone sell it for lower? this doesn't bring the price down at all what it does is makes sure the price dont go any lower that that, and think about it this way, it he brought the books for the books for the same price as you would sell them to other people then people will just sell them to the npc and get alot of money easyily and quickly which is what they used to do with serps and it ruined the econmy

I don't fully understand...before the update you could sell books ONLY to players.

Now you can sell to an NPC also, who buys all quantities you come up with...why would anyone quit about that? :P

people like to complain.........being a mod you should know that by now :D

i think it is crazy that i used to throw all these books away and now see i could have got 550gc for the 100's of tit axe books i discarded.

i think the real insult is not to the players but to the economy :D

from where i had 0gc b4 i now have tons from just the junk i did keep :P

Perhaps because they believe their hopes of NPCs buying books for semi-decent prices got shattered? :P

8. Use Constructive Criticism

Do not insult the developers or implementations of the game. When a new addition is made to the game and you find something wrong with it, then phrase your words in a thoughtful and meaningful way that people will be willing to respond to. Back your ideas or opinions up by facts or good, well thought out suggestions.

Now, perhaps you can try again, in a new thread. The right way.