Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryu5659

Towns Become Safe

This really tikes me off. I'm trying to do bussiness with the bot Vendor and while im doing it i got killed by a male goblin while im in town. This was very annoying and thank god i didn't loose my money. But still, Monsters shouldn't be let inside towns.

so, you just want to be safe? level up your stats or use a safe bot ... games are supposed to be challenging. not safe places.

Portland is unsafe, everybody knows, and everybody should act consequently with that.

There is a map section in the Encyclopedia that shows the level of danger that you can find on each map, so, if you dont want to be killed just read it and learn it. If you aren't really a fighter nor plan to be then you could just take mm, since you don't need pickpoints for life or spirit, or buy a cape.

Anyway, is not a hard thing to level up a bit, so goblins cant attack you.

You can also ask somewhere there to protect you a moment while you are trading, there will be for sure someone that will be glad to do that for you. I've done so many times, it's only 1 min. and you get a friend. :)

i think it makes sense to add some guard NPC to towns. It would make the towns more crowded and a safer place, which really makes sense.

i suppose i understand what you mean. sometimes when i get fruit there i see people getting eat up by goblins. i suppose it can get a bit annoying but then again what is it a week or less training to get to level where they will not attack anymore? maybe you should train and work in all other maps besides portland till you have trained up a bit......

(this is just in general and not about you)...i really think it is a shame that people want to rush into everything right away. i remember when i first started i never went beyond the first two maps because i was so overwelmed by the size of the game. (this of course was b4 u could just click a spot to walk to and u got there...i used to get lost all the time :lol: ). i really enjoyed the level requirements for the capes etc because they gave people a reason to want to get better. i understand that people want to see everything and have all armor/weapons but is it unreasonable to think that they should be playing the game for several months b4 they can get all the best stuff and see everything there is to see?

Yeh they should put more goblisn in PL, and put NPC guards in town :ph34r:

This really tikes me off. I'm trying to do bussiness with the bot Vendor and while im doing it i got killed by a male goblin while im in town. This was very annoying and thank god i didn't loose my money. But still, Monsters shouldn't be let inside towns.

166624[/snapback]

Next time you need to go vendor pm me. I'll keep those mean ol' gobs away for 1k.

:P

*will work for the cloak on monster magnetism....* also. Why don't the guild who owns the Vendor bot move him else where? They almost lost a customer because of its location in Portland.

*will work for the cloak on monster magnetism....* also. Why don't the guild who owns the Vendor bot move him else where? They almost lost a customer because of its location in Portland.

166833[/snapback]

LOL ... the true meaning of losing a customer!

166624[/snapback]

The newb has a point there. It's indeed annoying.

U have 3 choises u can lvl up so they stop attacking if ur not a fighter u can buy the MM cloak or use some PPs on the MM perk.

At the risk of sounding mean here, if we removed monsters from everywhere that some newbie complained about, we wouldn't have combat anymore. The whole idea is that the game is a challenge, as Learner said, and that you set goals to be able to do different things.

So I would suggest you either find a different store bot to use (Salt on DP docks is "safe") or level up or get mm cape or perk like everyone else does.

encyclopedia->maps says PL is safe. newbies therefore beleive they should be safe to go there.

while I agree monsters should roam the place, I don't think that should include cities that much

i'm sorry i have to say this................IT"S a freaking goblin :blink: It would take less then a week to have the level to not get attacked by one anymore. If anything towns are too safe. I'd rather there be raids on the towns where npc "killers/thiefs" whatever you wanna call them rush in the town killing anything and everything in site including npc like storage ect. noobies will have to fight off these guys together or call a fighter in to save them :P . if the raiders have thier way then they will destroy the town and we would have to wait a while to harvest/buy from npc (do anything in that town). this may add a little bit more fun to the game and i think it would be nice :(

i'm sorry i have to say this................IT"S a freaking goblin  :blink: It would take less then a week to have the level to not get attacked by one anymore.

167079[/snapback]

yes. if fighting is your main aim, and you can play EL a fair bit. one or both of those is not true for many players though. it took me a long time before I would be safe from a goblin, because fighting isn't my main focus

yes. if fighting is your main aim, and you can play EL a fair bit. one or both of those is not true for many players though. it took me a long time before I would be safe from a goblin, because fighting isn't my main focus

167083[/snapback]

Yes, and there are measures available to assist in this. There are alternative maps that have no attacking creatures, and there is the mm perk and the mm cape.

Edit: I don't know if anybody is even working on the encyclopedia at this time. I've asked for that info to be corrected ages ago, and others have too, but last I heard the guy in charge of the enclycopedia isn't working on it or playing anymore.

Well if the mods want to do this it would be very easy to do, all they have to do is put doors, or walls or just something in front on the entracnces that teleport you inside and outside when you click on them, but i'm not sure it's nessery

Edit: I don't know if anybody is even working on the encyclopedia at this time.  I've asked for that info to be corrected ages ago, and others have too, but last I heard the guy in charge of the enclycopedia isn't working on it or playing anymore.

167085[/snapback]

Lachesis and crusadingknight are the ones in charge of the encyc. They're working pretty hard on it, as far as I know. The thing is, the next major update to the "standard" encyc will only happen with every client change... and those take a long time in coming. But version 1.0.2 is supposed to be coming out... "soon". That should have the correct info.

-Lyn-

At the risk of sounding mean here, if we removed monsters from everywhere that some newbie complained about, we wouldn't have combat anymore.  The whole idea is that the game is a challenge, as Learner said, and that you set goals to be able to do different things. 

So I would suggest you either find a different store bot to use (Salt on DP docks is "safe") or level up or get mm cape or perk like everyone else does.

167072[/snapback]

If you take monsters from the town and where ever it seems reasonable, then you wouldn't have the problem about not having combat. Towns are supposed to be safe. If players are going through towns, you'd suppose its safe. In most Rpg games i know of, towns R safe! If someone complains a monster being in the wild, It would be quite dumb of who ever sent that. The wild was made for monsters to be in. Towns weren't unless it was an aboanded town..

ps- Why doesn't EL have an aboanded town? it would be sweet going on a quest to find out what happened in an anceint town.

ps- Why doesn't EL have an aboanded town? it would be sweet going on a quest to find out what happened in an anceint town.

167191[/snapback]

There are plenty of ruined towns around; more that there are intact ones!