Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Chess Event :d

lets organizise a checker event in a pk map :>

i can edit KF map(or a non pk map and make the people pkble :P) in checker room so people have to download it and save it

:P so what do ya think?

Edited by Shivar

LOOL! Thats chess, and I thought you meant checker as in some fighting game or something :D

You could play chess, but it would be a very difficult to play wouldnt it?

That's chess, not checkers... and we could have a bit of fun with this! :D

Human Chess! Each player represents one of the pieces... but if a piece attacks another, they actually have to fight it out, instead of just instant-kill. Which means that the defending piece can win sometimes!

Of course, you sorta need to find 32 people willing to participate...

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Yeah this could be really cool if you put like lower level fighters as pawns and then some of the higher ranked fighters up in the king and queen position. You would have to use strategy in order to position your people acccording to their skills. I would do this as a lower level fighter 31/29/20/20 and I would really appreciate it if it were like no armor or only leather armor or something like that. I would like to participate, but I cant afford to lose all of my good armor.

Yeah this could be really cool if you put like lower level fighters as pawns and then some of the higher ranked fighters up in the king and queen position. You would have to use strategy in order to position your people acccording to their skills. I would do this as a lower level fighter 31/29/20/20 and I would really appreciate it if it were like no armor or only leather armor or something like that. I would like to participate, but I cant afford to lose all of my good armor.

162752[/snapback]

yeh that was exacly my idea :>

and all pawns wil be in leather/iron sword

queen in plating and bp cloak and king with fur cloak? LOL

This is a really awesome idea, human chess. We have been tryingt o organize some Role Playing events, maybe this can be one of them. I am not to good with the map edit, but if someone wants to Make the map I am willing to find the people gather prizes and organize event :D

BTW, the attacks could be only againts characters who are within legal chess move range, and also we would need "commanders" for each side ;)

Lets get this going! People who want to participate, donate, or organize PM me here on furoms and I will start planning, maybe if we are quick enough we can have this event ready by this saturday :P

JaneMuffin

Edited by JaneMuffin

;)

is it too tough to put el on hold for a little bit and go to pogo.com????

162837[/snapback]

Are you suggestion I use my precious few hours of *my alone time* to spend doing something OTHER than EL?? Nevah! :P

Listen here deary, if I am gonna be letting my house become a mess and my child get neglected, I would rather it be because of my EL addiction. I dont even answer the telephone anymore :o

:P Now PM me and tell me where you wanna fit into this lil competition :lol:

i really really like this idea....

Doxxie, you too PM me and we can set soemthing up :)

JaneMuffin

I am really good at chess

I CALL STRATEGY PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

162859[/snapback]

Cool ;) I will write your name down :o

JaneMuffin

One thing... in order to get a good view of the board (for strategy people), you'll probably need a client with really far zoom-out capabilities. Go find one.

-Lyn-

One thing... in order to get a good view of the board (for strategy people), you'll probably need a client with really far zoom-out capabilities. Go find one.

-Lyn-

162887[/snapback]

You can get the TC client made by labrat off of my guilds website.

www.geocities.com/clockus2000

And also I volunteer for a pawn or something of that sort. :P Wherever my strategy person would put a 31/29/20/20 and counting

it sounds like fun ^_^

you can count me in if i can get on at the time/date ur planning to have it :)

-kat

Edit:  I changed my mind.  Instead of posting on RP forums I will post info here.

Okay The event will take place in about 2 weeks cuz I need time to organize and get people signed up.

Okay this is how it will work and what people I need doing what.

Prize Cordinator- Take the donated prizes and decided how they get passed out.

Announcer - (A good RPer prefferably) to annouce what is going on and the moves)

Comander Black Team - (Good chess strategist) To tell what peices to move where.

2nd in command Black team - (someone who knows EL stats and how to use them with fighting) To tell Commander who should fight who.

Comander White Team - (Good chess strategist) To tell what peices to move where.

2nd in command White team - (someone who knows EL stats and how to use them with fighting) To tell Commander who should fight who.

8 Black Pawns - players with Melee average of 10-40 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

8 White Pawns - players with Melee average of 10-40 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 Black Knights - players with Melee average of 40-45 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 White Knights - players with Melee average of 40-45 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 Black Bishops - players with Melee average of 45-50 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 White Bishops - players with Melee average of 45-50  (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 Black Rooks - players with Melee average of 50-55 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

2 White Rooks - players with Melee average of 50-55 (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

1 Black Queen - player with Melee average of 55 and above (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

1 White Queen - player with Melee average of 55 and above (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

1 Black King - player with Melee average of 40 and below (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

1 White King - player with Melee average of 40 and below (Melee average calcualtion to be given below.

And most importantly I will need someone who is good at making maps to edit a PK map, and draw a huge chess board on it.

Also all participants need to have an client that will zoom out alot (ty tanyia great suggetion)

***Melee avg is calculated using : (attk + defs + toughness + reaction + dexterity)/5  (courtesy of Rolan4)

Also all items will be allowed (weapons armors rings meds, etc.) except for tp magic/rings.  This will allow lower stat players to get some sort of advantage also.

Okay anyone wanting to sign up need to PM me asap and let me know what catagory they fit into. Also you will have to be available to participate in the event.  I am going for 8pm GMT as a time on a weekend.  Most likey this will be the time.

On more issue that was brought up to me is:  "if a pawn makes a chess move that captures a higher ranking piece in a real game of chess, how will that work for el chess?"

Answer: They will fight it out.  Might not seem fair but this is ultimatly a PK event just using the legal moves allowed by chess regarding who attacks who.

(more edit)Issue: King should be automatic loss.  Kings have been made the lowest lvl.

(EDIT) The Melee Averages were off.  ty for bringing this to my attention. I have changed the average requirments to show correct values.

I will keep you updated on things that are going on.

Thanks,

JaneMuffin

Edited by JaneMuffin

Donpedro's Melee average is currently 65.2, so there is no one strong enough to be a queen :D .

A typical pawn would be around 52/50/24/40/12 a/d/p/c/w (assuming 4 for all the other attributes), giving a Melee avg. of 32.

It seems your Melee average ranges are a bit too high.

Also, the formula increases slowly with p/c and quickly with a/d, when in reality p/c seems to have more of an effect than a/d, so perhaps the toughness/reaction/dexterity should be multiplied by a factor.

I'll probably join as one of the players. :P I'll let you know once you decide an exact date.

Edited by chintan

Dang it! I dont know what I did but some how I messed something up.

HA! I am a Smarty Pants!! I fixed it ;)

JaneMuffin

Smarter than your average Muffin

Edited by JaneMuffin

i dont think pedro would play chess ;)

and how do u see some1 is queen/king etc ? i think they should wear same stuff or something

full plate= queen

full plate +fur cloak = king

or something O.o ;)