Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Espresso_Boy

Scroll Wheel Bug

In current CVS, when the curser is positioned over a window, using the scroll wheel acts as a left click on that window, and does not adjust the zoom. The clicks are consistent with what you'd expect a left click to do based on the current cursor. I'm using Windows 2000 SP4. My mouse is a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0A using USB.

I assume this is intended behaviour. Just move your mouse over the root window to zoom. You have the same behaviour if your mouse is over the hud. You can use any of left, middle (wheel) or right button to open the window that is related to the icon your mouse is over.

Well, it would be better if the event callback for the root window was called if the window did not use the given event. If the event callback returns 0, continue and call the root window's event handler - if the event callback returns 1, don't call the root window's event handler

If this is the intended behavior, then okay. It just feels strange that if my cursor is over a potion, and I scroll the wheel (not clicking it, mind you) then the potion gets drank (if the cursor is displaying the use icon).

eek that's not good :P

The scroll wheel should always zoom in/out, rotate the camera, no matter what window you're in. imo.

Don't worry Roja, it's development code (quite new and still not perfect) and that bug will be taken care of ;-)

Fixed.

Only the game window, the console window, and the scrollbar widget handle the scroll wheel now.