Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roja

daylight saving time

damn smegging DST!! I forgot all about it >:)

who else forgot it and looked at their computer clock and was like ...wtf?!?

crap it is isnt it :ph34r: now i have to find all the darn clocks in the house and reset them... i dont know how to redue the microwave... HELP

lol thanks for remind me >.<

:ph34r: Woah... I had no clue. Of course, my main clocks are the computers and the cable box, and my cell phone, which all updated automatically. But not my alarm clock, which would've had me to work late at least one day this week. Thanx for the heads up!

All of North America is... I just had to reset all of my 12 clocks, lol. :) Be happy you don't have to find all of those. :ph34r:

LOL! Last night I wsa on EL at the time the computer automatically changed the time, and I was shocked!

I look at the clock it said 1:17 AM

then I kept chatting and playing and then all of a sudden.... 3:04!!!

I jump out my seat and went to bed thinking I just lost an hour in a half, and maybe I was abducted by aliens er something.

I look at my digital alarm clock (prolly puchased in the 80's) that does not automatically do the daylight savings time, and it said 2:44 AM so I smacked myself on the head for forgetting and went to bed.

LMAO, but I was spooked for a few minutes! :D

JaneMuffin

ps. I have not reset anyting yet! I am hoping someone else will come along and do all that for me :P

Most of the clocks in my house are radiocontrolled, I only have to change the VCR and the Espresso-machine manually :P

Yep. Looked at my comp and thought "I got up an hour ago at 9:30, and my comp says it is 11:30...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HUH??????????"

Most of the clocks in my house are radiocontrolled, I only have to change the VCR and the Espresso-machine manually :)

I have one radio-controlled clock, it was the last clock to change, because I can't force it to (well, I could pull out the battery). I had finished changing everything else before noon I think, but the radio-controlled one took a couple of hours more. Faster than expected though, I was guessing that it would be about a day late.

well, some of us happened to be at work when the time changed, ive never had a job that i was at work when it happened, <_< <_<

i got all excited thinking i could get off early :D:D:D ,

but NOOOOOOOOOOO, can you believe that rotten &^$^%# (edited for content) ? made me stay! :angry::angry::angry:

so now my hubby and i are here with even LESS sleep :):D:blink: whos up for a call to tech support? :huh::huh:

Edited by Doxxie

:lol: lol i thought i was playing el for a hr after i woke up :) but i was only playin it for like 15 mins lol cuz i didnt know daylights savings!

Edited by Rolandreeve

yeah... my comp and phone updated automatically, and the analog clock near my comp, I was too lazy to change LAST time around... so, I only had one clock to change so far. And I remembered. now I hafta remember not to take that hour off this clock...

I had the privilage of resetting the clocks around the house... the VCR clock isn't THAT hard to set up, is it?

I remembered DST night before... I like Gentoo. Updated the clock automatically for DST.

Why is it called DST? What daylight are we saving? Sun is still burning 24 hours a day...

Edited by freeone3000

Even though i did the resetting of my clocks a while ago i still haven't change the VCR clock and thats the only 1 i keep looking at 2 see the time! :lol:

I think i have 2 change it someday :P

Why is it called DST? What daylight are we saving? Sun is still burning 24 hours a day...

I think I remember the theory was that major power consumption is in the evening hours, like when everybody is using electrical lights. So by advancing the clock by one hour everydays life would take place an hour earlier, meaning you "save one hour of daylight"....never worked out as planned afaik. :P

No, because people still turn on the TV (that's where your power goes, not the light) to catch the evening news, now they just need to close the curtain to see the picture.

At the same time it's darker in the morning when you need to get to work at *need* the light, so it gets turned on then instead.