Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snorebum

Make the Spirit Rest (mind rest) potion stackable in our bag

Now that this is needed for summoning, could we please have it stackable in our bags? ...like some of the other potions are? Please? :?

This is the same reason why it has taken me so long to level magic compared to my other skills.

yea they take up a hell of alot of room plus all the other summoning stuff you can only summon about 5 at a time unless ur by storge with is usless if you wanna use them to help u kill stuff :)

How about having a small bag that holds non-stackable 6-12 items (even a stable item becomes unstacked in it) that you can put things and carry around, but the emu+1 carries to you when you carry it. You have to drop it and open it just like a normal bag, and you can't nest one bag inside another.

Also, this bag when set down would look different and NOT vanish except after a very long time?

I don't think making Spirit Rest stackable will result in people summoning huge numbers of creatures at a time... the other ingrediants are still limiting factors (meat, life essence, etc)... and if somebody really wants to do huge numbers of creatures, they can do that now by doing it at storage since that is where they probably put most of their spirit pots.

Stackable mainly means fewer trips to storage for me. If they are not stackable, I'm more inclined to just summon right at storage, and I'm realizing how unpopular that is with some players.

If they were stackable, I'd be more inclined to train my leveling somewhere other than at storage.

If you don't want people to summon 50 bears at once, just make the formula for bears very high.

My thoughts are logically, you should be able to carry a lot of pots because vials are small. However, with the new magic requirement on summoning, that would acheive exactly the opposite of what ent wants to do. The only solution i can think of is to make it so you can make flasks or something that allow for multiple uses. Or make it so that you can mix potions with water skins to allow multiple uses.

That is a great idea ShadowKnight! Finally, a possible use for the Waterskins! There is so many items in this game right now (Waterskins, Animal Skins, etc.) that have no use or have yet to even been concidered for a use that it's kind of taking up space right now. Using the WaterSkins right now to hold a large quanity of Potions, Mead, Wine, Ale, or even Water (if there's ever a Use for it) would be a great use for it.

Say 1 Waterskin holds 10 Potions. If Waterskins aren't stackable, then that does exactly what Entropy intended but gives a player much better Inventory Management. That's basicly 10 per Square instead of 1 per square. Much better.

Also, since Manufacturing has something in which you will never gain Exp from (Bone Power making), maybe Harvesting should too: Water Gathering! Harvest Water at certain locations only and only it you carry a Empty Waterskin but you'll gain no Harvesting skill from it.

And as long as I mentioned it, make a use for those Animal skins. You can Make Waterskins from Deerskin. Clothes from the others too perhaps?

What you can do is the same thing done with body potions:

you carry 30 wine, 60 lupine, 30 blue quartz in your inventory - fill the rest of the space up with Spirit restore potions. When the spirit restore potions are empty - now you have empty vials to manufacture new spirit potions from the ingredients you carry.

If its too much weight with the animal components you are carrying then cut it down to 20 wine/20 blue quartz/40 lupine.

20 non stackable potions in your inventory is fairly doable if you do it correctly.

Um.. why not simply make it so that a waterskin is the eqivalent of 5 vials?

meaning that if you open manu window you mix 5 pots(same kind)

and a waterskin . you could then take 5 drinks from the waterskin.

:lol: this is much easier and if this was implemented it would be perfectly fine to ban summoning at storage.

interesting consecpt ;) and a simple one at that...

will the vials be returned empty and can i refill the waterskin by adding just one and one potion later on?

about the refilling of the bags... thats up to entropy if he decides to use it.. i dont think we should be able to add anything to it untill its empty(much less programming)

as for vials.. sure why not they should of course come back.

Actually, I was just thinking about doing it something like this: (If it's not entirely correct, that's because I don't know much about programming) Mix 1 waterskin with oh, let's say, 5 spirit pots = 1 Full waterskin (spirit rest) + 5 empty vials.

If player uses 1 waterskin (spirit rest)

then MP=mp+20

destroy 1 Full waterskin

create 1 4/5 Full waterskin

Basically, I was thinking to let it be used just like any other potion, but instead of replacing the potion with an empty vial like usual, it creates a new, partially full waterskin. Then you do that with all the combinations. And to fill it, you just mix 1 potion with 1 4/5 full waterskin to create 1 full waterskin and 1 vial.

By your example, I think it would be better that you cn't drink from a skin, but instead mix a full skin with 5 empty vials to get 5 full vials and one empty skin. The requires only two new items instead of 6 and requires that you not be in the middle of combat in order to 'measure' out the dosages.

Because a skin takes up only 1 inventory slot, while 5 pots take up 5 slots. You could have 20 skins, which is 100 pots worth of stuff. You can carry around 5 empty vials, and refill from the skins as needed.

You fill your 20 skins at storage, go out on your adventure, and use them as needed.

It is a way of carrying more potion.

oh i see what you mean, you want to pour it out into a vial and then drink it. I was just thinking that you would drink it from the skin, and then the item is destroyed and given a new skin with 1 less use. So once you put it into the skin you won't even need vials.

oh i see what you mean, you want to pour it out into a vial and then drink it. I was just thinking that you would drink it from the skin, and then the item is destroyed and given a new skin with 1 less use. So once you put it into the skin you won't even need vials.

I don't really want to have to put it back into a vial, I think drinking from the skin is fine, but somebody else was saying that would be to much work for the coders. Puting it back into vials is less work for the coders, and still gives us what we want, a way to carry around more potions.

Though, to me, the easiest solution would just be to make all of the potions stackable... it makes little sense that some are and some are not (apart from Ent and company trying to limit how much we have access to at one time to balance the game).

I see why he wouldn't want us to be able to carry around 65,000 of some pots, but by having our capacity so small, he's just making us go back to storage, and then people complain when it gets crowded.

Yeah. Now that I think about it, the easiest and simplest way is to make a Skin only hold Wine, Ale, and Mead, not potions. That's the most simplest way but obviously not the BEST Way. I certainly want to be able to carry Potions in the Skins too but it'll be pretty hard to code and no body can agree on just how it could work. But I really think you should be able to carry Wine, Ale, and Mead in the skins. If you can't carry potions easier then at least you could make potions easier that way.

But here's the problem with that. Right now, a Waterskin is 1 in Weight. Wine, Ale, and Mead are all 3 in weight while potions are 1 (I never did understand how 3 could become 1 though). To fill a WaterSkin to hold 5 Potions, it'll weigh at lease 5-6 in weight. To fill it to hold 5 Wine, Ale, or Mead, it'll weigh 15-16 in weight. If Waterskins are not stackable then that'll make a whole lot of big, heavy Waterskins. I wonder if Waterskins should be stackable or not.

Possibly it's the glass bottle that the wine, ale, and mead come in that weighs the most, and the actual drink just weighs a fraction of an EMU. :roll: