Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Axelerator

Specializations

Hi!

I don't realy understands why i must become, master miner to become mage, maybe u must think more about player specializations in certain ways (mage, miner, craftsman, warrior) for now as i understands all is same.

But how do you do money ?

Becoming a warrior ? ;)

Harvesting is good to create your own potions, essences and to earn money to buy magic stuff.

So need to become miner to become a magician ;)

OK i can understand that u need herabrism expierience for magic, but i can't agree that u need to become miner.

I agree with Ril, that u cants make enough money just beeing mage, because the regents are much more expensive that essences.

Becoming a miner is totally optiona, you just have to buy the supplies. To make the most profit as a magician it does help to be your own miner to lower your costs, but that is optional.

That's a good point though that magic (unlike the other skills) doesn't produce much in the way of cash flow for goods and services. Maybe remote heal is a saleable service, but that's about it. Maybe we need to think of more spells that would make magic use more profitable.

Becoming a miner is totally optiona, you just have to buy the supplies. To make the most profit as a magician it does help to be your own miner to lower your costs, but that is optional.

If u are buying stuf tu create essences, for example emerald costs something abut 120gp, but essence u can sell only for 100gp.

it wil be ok if essences where worth more or materials where less expensive.

yea i think you should rise the price on essence cause it only cost like 150 for a life essence when it cost like 100 to buy rabbit fur :(

I think it is normal to be the way it is.

Magic doesn't bring money, but it is a nice skill to have. besides, you can make money without mining. You can become a fighter, for example, and get money from drops.

I think it is normal to be the way it is.

Magic doesn't bring money, but it is a nice skill to have. besides, you can make money without mining. You can become a fighter, for example, and get money from drops.

Still u suggest to become fighter or miner to become mage, so there is only 2 specifications in the game (miner, figther) maybe u should think about increasing this number for ex: fisher, mage, alchemist, craftsman

my suggestion will be, if u are good in fighting then your mining exp will rise slower, that will force players to specialize in one direction. 4 now all players are the same.

well if magic could stand its ground in a fight then maybe it would be move viable, right now you need to cash in on a bigass weapon no matter what.

bring on my old idea about items that act like essences "batterys" so that you can have access to a small store of essences all the time.

right now magic consumes essences at 150g a pop and etheral points.

the only other skill that burns stuff without return is summoning...

oh and while your at it, most magic spells are useless or expensive, take the teleport to portals room. it eats 7 essences and 20 etheral points, and you can buy rings that do most the same without the etheral point cost.

i would love to see more spells like remote heal so that i can say work asa backup person to a fighter, maybe give me remote shield and some spells that can boost the fighters abilitys. oh and while your at it give me a spell that i can use to keep monsters away for a time so i dont have to worry about that...

oh and maybe give magic god worshipers a boost in how long a spell last (shield and so on) or how mutch etheral points and/or essences it drains (teleport to portal room) or how big a effect it have (poison and heal) depending on what level of worship he is at :D