Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mireille

A new weapon - a dagger

I couldn't find it in the forums, yet I'm amazed no-one came up with that idea...

How about introducing a dagger? It would be a primitive weapon, much easier than an iron sword to make (like 2 iron bars and something more, perhaps, I don't know, I'm not a manufacturer), it would require human nexus of 1 or not at all to use and an artificial nexus of 1 to make; in a fight a dagger would be just slightly better than leather gloves. Its price would also be somewhere between leather gloves and an iron sword, that is between 50 and 150. I think it would make noobs' and manufacturer's lives easier by filling the gap between those two weapons.

Regards,

Mireille

Yes. But, it's part of the creature model, not a mounted object. ;) And, the sticky threads at the top, specifically Roja's "Things That Will Go In The Game Eventually.. ", state that more weapons will be added. :-p I think we can safely assume that anything you can realistically fathom will be added..

Edited by Hazor

and I just wrote one up in class the other day without seeing this. Even made up the stats for it.

If you want something almost as strong as an iron sword but a lot cheaper, try using a pickaxe. It has 5-15 damage which is better than the iron sword's 5-8, but it has a few negative stats bonuses which the iron sword doesn't have.

If you want something almost as strong as an iron sword but a lot cheaper, try using a pickaxe. It has 5-15 damage which is better than the iron sword's 5-8, but it has a few negative stats bonuses which the iron sword doesn't have.

Yes, but I don't want something similarly strong to a sword. A pickaxe is hmmm... too much. Too strong. And too much negative bonuses.

And if speed is ever factured into weapons, the dagger's main strength would be the fact that is strikes more often in a given time than the other weapons.

Now... where does it say that?

Yo' talkin' to me?

I don't know, I'm sure I've read somewhere that bows and stuff were only to be available in a P2P game. But I could be wrong. In that case, I would be really glad to be wrong.

An "official" P2P was cancelled. You can still buy items and the new races for P2P along with other things, but that's all.

An "official" P2P was cancelled. You can still buy items and the new races for P2P along with other things, but that's all.

So there WON'T be a p2p game, but you will have to pay anyway to use certain stuff in the free version. I can't see the diference.

An "official" P2P was cancelled.  You can still buy items and the new races for P2P along with other things, but that's all.

So there WON'T be a p2p game, but you will have to pay anyway to use certain stuff in the free version. I can't see the diference.

I think the difference is that in a p2p game, even to play, you'd pay, whereas now, you get to play, and don't absolutely need the items that are pay-only, but you can get them if you choose to fork out the money.

An "official" P2P was cancelled.  You can still buy items and the new races for P2P along with other things, but that's all.

I think the difference is that in a p2p game, even to play, you'd pay, whereas now, you get to play, and don't absolutely need the items that are pay-only, but you can get them if you choose to fork out the money.

Thats exactly it.

Thats exactly it.

I see your point.

But I can't see the difference anyway. :blink:

It's current runescape, optional p2p, but highly restrictive, versus current EL, where one or three items are pay to get. But no one will be restricted from hitting the top fourty by not getting a glowey sword.

Edited by freeone3000

:D I think for what it is, EL offers a lot more to players than Runescape, from what I've read. In all fairness though, I've got about 5 minutes playtime in RS.

B) I am considering running a RunUO free server for anyone wanting to play UO. It will be free, and if there's some interest in people playing it maybe a little, PM me for an account. Right now I'm trying to test custom housing to be sure it works, and of course trying to be sure people can connect to the server reliably. Btw, the client is 620MB, so it's not for everyone... Just looking for testers before I decide to run it full time or anything. But maybe it could be an option for people wanting to play a free MMORPG besides the limited RS.