Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Random Spawns

Would you like Random Spawns?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Random Spawns?

• 1.Yes
    • 2.No
    • 3.Only bigger spawn areas, but not totally random.

Everything WAS, IS and WILL BE boring, no matter how you want to change it, if you doing it at large scale.

Camping and killing is boring, but walking around and killing is boring too...also need more pointless clicking, you gaining exp slower, and you getting bored and going outside ANYWAY.

People are stupid, they think: more pointless clicking (you calling it: searching) is more interesting for example for looking for spawns of ore/monsters, well, it isn't at all.

This is GAME, game HAVE to be/make FUN ! And each update is less fun ! I don't get the people who want to make it more and more realistic points.

If we need some realistic thing, we just turn of computer and play in real world :S

At this moment this game is SLOW, making anything is SLOW already with all those DELAYS, now you trying to make 'fighting exp gaining' slower.

Wath next ?! You implement 1K MS lag for everyone to make it slower, and 'more interesting' as some people used to say...

And YES it is not fair in ALL skills to make em harder to get lvls, because low lvls players will never get lvls, as high, as players who got em before each UPDATE.

Example. How i suppose to get Crannogs manu lvl now (nothing personally, Crannog, just example) if i need 4 times (FOUR TIMES !!) more time to create each item, that he was able to manu before update... same with pots, alch, and now fighting ?!

Stop making it harder... all that bull**** about realism sucks ! Go make stuff in real world not in game if you want realism ! Make more FUN !

this is absolute correct !!!

after the updates i stopped doing potions, alchemy (except HE) and harvesting coz its annoying watching this "delay" for 5 seconds. i also wouild have stopped crafting and manufacture, but luckily i dont do them :D

also i stopped resuming summoning as it is still pointless ---> takes alot of nerves, stuff and help, else i have seen shivar and don getting attacked by 7 summoned chimera at same time on KF and they sliced them easily like bunnies. 7 chimera = 14ELE = ca. 30k gp !!! so plz think of a possibility linking the strentgh of a summon to the casters summon-lvl !

as it is all demotivating i started fighting alot, and since several weeks its the only thing im doing, coz its far the best combination of spending time for good xp/cash.

now leading to my dialectic synthesis:

if u make fighting alot harder with random spawns, all skills got same SLOW.

then there will happen two different things.

1. all skills are getting attarctive again as they are same niveua then

2. many player will quit game as it gets too slow (becoz of not finding a "fast" skill) and an absolute waste of time

once i played alot of counter-strike from the first beta version seeing more than 20 updates in those 3 years of my playing. every update it got slower, aiming got worse and it bored as i saw loosing my powers of beeing a fast player with good aiming.

same will happen to EL, those ppl who have seen that it has been fast (or with static spawns) will get bored as they feel that their spended time get more and more ineffeicent.

conclusion: i like the idea of co-existing the old with the new as both parties could find theri favourite and both parties have more possiblilities in finding fun in EL !!!

plz dont make the game having me to stop playing :(

I voted yes on this because I believe in Randomizing the Spawns much more although, I'd really Vote None of the above because none will really give the game the "Believablity Factor" or at least something "special" that'll draw people into the system and keep the Long, Boring Hunt Interesting.

I'm more inclined to want "Self-Reproducing Spawns" More, Where Creatures on a map would start to Multiply if left unchecked.

But, Random Spawning is the Better of the three.

Maybe instead of that (or with it) make all maps pkable except city/village zones :S

Ppl shauting about more realism, then they will got it, when you will be able to kill someone outside citys :>

That would be good for guild wars :)

And you could be ambushed in wildness by evil players.

Why not ? (you trying to get rid of all those macroers, afk-fighting etc. so why not afk-walking ? im clicking on map and walking 3-4 min from port to Grahm afk)

You will have to watch around for danger... :P

And more rings will be demanded by players... better for crafting ? :P

n00bs are trying to make game worse for 'power players', so why not 'a bit' harder for them ?

Edited by Gen_Axis

I agree with Gen .... Since you all want realism you need to be killed 'almost' everywhere. In RL you also get killed even if you not in a PK-map :)

Edited by Brian_Huting

a/d stats wipe yes, for fair play.

There is nothing 'fair' about a stats wipe.

Just work hard and your skills will improve. It's getting a little tiresome to hear this talk about stats wipe, just beacuse you want everybody else to be at your level.

Stop crying and start working your skills.

a/d stats wipe yes, for fair play.

There is nothing 'fair' about a stats wipe.

Just work hard and your skills will improve. It's getting a little tiresome to hear this talk about stats wipe, just beacuse you want everybody else to be at your level.

Stop crying and start working your skills.

LOL,

i was the one of the highest player, so I KNOW what i say about stat wipe.

AND If the random spawn will be implement the game is FAIR to wipe every1 att/def stats cause thats mean REALLY DIFFERENT fighting system.

Damn you people...after huge reset I've trained almost all skills, but now...I am only focused on Fighting & lvling magic b/c you made other skills VERY boring and hard !

Tho, it would be OK if you put more monsters & faster spawns on maps.

Many old EL players known that EL was much much much more fun before.

And every update its just harder... :) And all that comparing EL & real life....Damn I play EL to get away from real life, its a GAME ffs ! :)

I voted No of course...

Guest Shreewok

Good points I have read:

1. Yes to random spawn would be more realistic

2. Yes to random spawn would make it harder on newer players (thus easier on more experienced players)

I would suggest a compromise: Lower level creatures spawn in same areas to allow newbies to get good at fighting quickly. Higher level creatures could be random. I think the most 'realistic' would be regional spawning within the map based on the nature of the animal.

For example in Colorado where I live, if I were to go killing Prairie Dogs I would find them all in a colony. They stick to their holes.

However, deer wander about in groups and do so with seasonal and daily cycles. Ohhh that would be cool!!!! If the deer spawned in groups of 4 or 5 then you could have teams of players go on a deer hunting spree!!!

Dusk and dawn are also the times that real creatures are more likely to be seen by humans.

And bears are likely to be found rummaging through garbage cans...

However, I am no developer. Also, I do not kill prairie dogs.

-e

After thinking about this for a long time and reading thru most of the other posts, I finally voted for "yes".

But as others said already, this also means a stats wipe. ALL STATS, not only a/d of course.

But I think after the latest changes to the attacking of troll, ogres, cycs and so on, this would have been necessary already anyways. :)

Yes to totally random spawning!

Yes to MANY MANY more monsters!

Yes to instant respawning!

Yes to a total stats wipe, everything else would not be fair!!!

...and yes I know that means I lose my harvesting level also :P

I just don't get it, why in the world do you folks want a stats wipe?! NO stats wipe, I've put alot of time into my character and don't want to have to start over. A stats wipe would be the end of EL for me.

It looks like it's mostly the people who have high levels who want a stats wipe. I can think of a few possible reasons:

- They leveled up fast, they know they can do it again. While the rest of us who spent years to get to level 20 will have to spend years again :P

- They find leveling up fun and having high levels boring, so they want to do it once more (yeah right :)).

- They hope that by arguing for a stats wipe, they will get more people to vote no to random spawns :(

Being only about level 20 myself, I don't want a wipe. Not again, I haven't even reached my pre-crash levels yet. But I want random spawns, otherwise I will never reach them. I'm tired of spawn-camping wolves, but I can't take on a goblin yet. Random spawns would at least get rid of spawn-camping, giving me a reason to do start fighting again, so I can get away from the wolves. Where as a wipe would put me back to rabbits, training towards being able to fight wolves, instead of getting away from them.

No.

The reason for me wanting a stats wipe is that too many people found and (ab)used the flaws of the current system.

And since pretty much everything will get changed/got changed, it is like many others said alread...those who are at the top will not get reached anymore by others.

Also, once again: i am talking about your stats only...you will not lose what you worked for (items) that way.

(2) It would be nice to define areas where the creatures are allowed to wander/not allowed to wander. Eg. the Deer and Foxes spawn randomly all over Evergreen Forest, but CANNOT wander out of it. They stay within the forest. That should solve a lot of the grief people have with tracking issues. And it would prevent those weird reality checks where a goblin walks down the main street of Portland City untouched.

Ohhhhh no, don't do this. :)

That is the fun of it all, when the gobbie wanders around portland (why else bother to have brought him back???), and when the gargs wander around whitestone/lakeside. Geeeee, might as well just hand out mm capes for everybody. :P

I wasn't talking about you specifically, but about every high-level player who suggested that a stats wipe would be necessary.

As for your last comment: I worked for those stats. I didn't work for the items, they are only a means to the end (or completely useless).

I don't want it either ...

I just don't see any other way to go thru all the changes and not make everything too unfair :)

Unfair to who? As far as I see it, newbie does not deserve to have the same levels as somebody who has played a year. Nor should they expect it. There should be some reward for sticking with a game for so long. If they want to work hard to level up like the old-timer did, thats fine.

But as Michel_DAO said:

Do you think you ever going catch up those players, You will have to walk the same path as they do.. And they wont stand still. The only solution is a max limit.

Even with this new system YOU will have the same cons as they will have.

Edited by Aisllinn

putting it bluntly :P

stats swipes are not really pleasant for anyone involved as people who would actually enjoy it could just create a new character. so i understand we collectively think of them as sn "necessary evil" in some situations.

the game is in beta and changes a lot, there is no guarantee that once (if) they get to a more stable patch were there will be less experimenting , a total stat swipe will not be needed again

there is also no guarantee that in 2 months another great new idea will change loads of stuff and require another balance

ill not enter into the debate of whetever or not getting everyone's level even again is fair or not (people on one side will argue that the old level would represent unfair advantage , people on the other side will argue that it was no exploit only the game changing naturally and that being forced to ground zero would kill their patiente to play again... whomever is correct.. the flamewar would go on)

my debate here is: is balancing things after an update GOOD for the game? lets stop thinking about our own characters for a second... let the "i dont want to lose levels" crowd stop thinking about their skills and the "he has more than me" or "i would end up having unfairly more than these people" crowd stop thinking for a minute about the huge social differences on EL.

what benefits the game more? what makes a more throgouth test session?

3000 players all "newbies" or the same 3000 in an infinite plethora of different levels?

people of different leves do different things, more powerful fighter fight more powerful monsters and usually have no patience to stop hours fighting the weaker ones, people oif different alchemy , pots/ manu /etc do different kinds of item and harvest different things, even if peole of the same level also do so diversity is way smaller inside a same set of levels that between them

so imho , the game itself benefit more if after a big change like that , there are testers of all levels around.

and for the obvious people that will pop up to say somehtign on the lines of "leave the tests for teh test server" why the heck did you start playing a beta game for? no , not every kind of test can be fruitful in a small server with a handful of testers :( there are problems that will only appear after a while with loads of people playing it :)

<edit >

not accusing Aisllinn seriously I dont think it is the case for him, but for people against the status wipe that might see my post as yet another valid argument to avoid status wipes....

ask yourself this question "if tommorror [roja|ent] says we need BADLY to test newbie things and there are no newbies for some reason and announce a status wipe, would this be a problem?" if you embrace the ideal of attacking a status wipe for what it seems to be the best for testing the game.... you may need to embrace a full wipe when it also benefits game testing :)

Edited by immerentis

Imm, you've persuaded me too! I couldnt get the words out myself!

Basically, if you want such a big change, you have to be prepared to sacrifice something else.

As Imm said

what benefits the game more? what makes a more throgouth test session?

3000 players all "newbies" or the same 3000 in an infinite plethora of different levels?

A stat wipe would make everyone on the same level which would not throughly test all the aspects of the game.

If you find high levlels to be boring, make a new character (DUH).