Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

Resync / Disconnect

Since the last update the number of resyncs and disconnects has gone up for me a LOT.

I have turned off Clouds, reflections, shadows, music and sound.

My FPS remains (on average) lower than before. And this problem seems to not be isolated to me, but most of the people I talked with this morning.

Guest Pheonixoi

umm i am new to the game n i played it n it keeps saying rysdiconnect over and over how do i fix this i didnt exen take a step away from the faide

Same problem here, a lot of resyncs and a few disconnects every day.

And that does not happen only in crowded places, like Raven, it happens too where i am nearly alone.

Piper

Same problem here, a lot of resyncs and a few disconnects every day.

And that does not happen only in crowded places, like Raven, it happens too where i am nearly alone.

Piper

Exactly the same for me. :unsure:

But how: It's the particles. Fire at IP is laggy when lit. Walk away from there, turn off shadows, clouds, and reflections, and get yourself a better computer.

I get grued in console now. Nasty.

Not at IP

No F9 fires lit in my area

And I don't have problems like this in other programs. And didn't have them prior to the update.

And requiring everyone to have a brand new computer to play the game is a quick way to kill your player base.

But how: It's the particles. Fire at IP is laggy when lit. Walk away from there, turn off shadows, clouds, and reflections, and get yourself a better computer.

All my shadows and clouds and stuff is off, I only have the "show fps" on and sitlock on.

Happens everywhere and I did not have this problem before the update.

A 3.2 GHZ machine with 1 GB RAM should be good enough to play EL, i think.

Piper

Maybe connection is too bad?

At day i almost can't play - to much resynx, but at 2.00-8.00 AM - almost never get one.

Yes, maybe. I blamed my ISP for those resyncs/disconnects.

But then Kit came up with the same problem and some other ppl too. So i would guess, thats not (only) a problem of my ISP.

Piper

It's funny, b/c for a while I was also blaming my ISP. I just moved recently (beginning of January) and thought I'd keep my mouth shut since I was still getting use to the ISP.

But when I heard complaints here and there of resync I realized it wasn't just me.

I don't have such large problems. The resyncs and grues have both increased a little bit, but not that dramatic like with you all. I got disconnected once in several days usually, and this mostly because my daily cron jobs are starting, using up quite some system resources ;) But I also noticed more grues displayed around me, while playing.