Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

A server code question

I can get colours in guild chat messages, but not in local or channel messages. Does the server strip colour attributes from local and channel messages?

If I have opened a minor floodgate here, please don't change the #gm being able to use coloured text.. my guild loves it and I won't explain how to other soource code junkies unless one of the server controlling gods gives me express permission on this thread.

Edited by ArmageddonQ

I can get colours in guild chat messages, but not in local or channel messages. Does the server strip colour attributes from local and channel messages?

Yes.

If I have opened a minor floodgate here, please don't change the #gm being able to use coloured text.. my guild loves it and I won't explain how to other soource code junkies unless one of the server controlling gods gives me express permission on this thread.

Removing it would be very annoying for the messenger bots.

Grum you're a *star*

So you just mess with the client end? And does that mean the colour feature is common knowledge?

Don't know if it's common knowledge. It does mean that I tried to send coloured messages in local chat, and saw that server ate the colour codes, and that the_antiroot got colours working for his messenger bots (which send messages in #gm).

And yes, I can only fiddle around with the client code since I don't have access to the server code. I'm not an ``official'' developer, so nothing I say is official.

The idea is that the channel, chat and PMs are for everyone, and seeing multicolored text everywhere is VERY annoying, so the server strips all the color codes (and other things as well) from them. However, for guild purposes, that's not necesary, it's up to the guild master to dictate policies and kick off from the guild those who abuse them.

I wonder if the bug where pressing delete would turn the text pink is still there :( After all, it was that bug that were the reason color filtering was implemented.

I wonder if the bug where pressing delete would turn the text pink is still there :( After all, it was that bug that were the reason color filtering was implemented.

Wasn't that a client problem? I don't remmeber. Anyway, the colors were ALWAYS filtered, but it is possible we missed one due to a bug.