Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Djinn

when entering caves and buildings!

*) Check if your computer is not overheating

*) which video card, CPU/ Operating sytem?

*) Check if you have up-to-date drivers for your video card

my computer ain't overheated

i use ASUS K8N-E deluxe, with AMD athlon 64 .... something processor

and have an ATI radeon 9800 graphic card where i just updated the driver from but i still have it any more ideas about this?

the most weird thing is i only have it in caves and homes not outside my FPS is hugh if that matters. but it definetly is annoying. :):):(

Wow, that is a strange one, it may be that textures are for some reason mixing, but it seems unlikily from the screenshot. nevertheless it may be worth a clean install of EL, (keep your el.ini) I would watch your CPU temp and if you can find any hot areas in your box and post em here, a few you may want to consider is around fans (obviously) your video card fan/CPU fan Especially.

my computer ain't overheated

and have an ATI radeon 9800 graphic card where i just updated the driver from but i still have it any more ideas about this?

the most weird thing is i only have it in caves and homes not outside my FPS is hugh if that matters. but it definetly is annoying. :(:(:(

Try to to set #limit_fps in you el.ini, for instance

#limit_fps = 40

That should bring your frame rate down somewhat. If that helps, I strongly suspect it's a heat problem.

A high frame rate means that you're redrawing the scene a lot of times per second. This means that your animations and game play will look smooth. EL by default tries to make the frame rate as high as possible (because it looks better), but that means that the CPU and your graphics card will have to work hard. The idea is, that by limiting the frame rate, your CPU and/or GPU won't have to work that hard, and will generate less heat. So that's why I think that if that solves the color problem, than you should look for better cooling.

Edited by Grum

Did you compile EL for 64 bits?

Did you compile EL for 64 bits?

Works fine here FYI :(

Default build, or 64-bit version? I compile myself on and AMD64 laptop, and that works fine, but I've never tried the 32bit version. Anyway, I suspect he's using Windows, and AFAIK that doesn't even run 64 bit executables yet.

Edited by Grum

So I assume you are using Windows. Then sorry, I can't help you. I have no idea how Windows works.

But on Linux I would check hardware and then graphics drivers. AFAIR it's better to use opensource drivers then ATI's. Then, if you'd have 64bit system - try 64 bit EL, preferably compiled on your machine with your libraries to make sure you don't have some unusual 32/64 bit mix.

Regards

Chryzopraz

yes i'm a windows user and i still don't get how to check it out but i first will try to put an max frame rate on see if that works after this load of health essence gotta finish it first:P

ok now it's getting very annoying :S

yesterday it seemed to work fine putting an max fps i didn't had them for a while. later that evening i entered the portland storage and there it went mad the changing collors and such where hopping in madly after eachother just unreal.

now after a sleep i'm getting the same things also at normal maps not even in houses or caves. and my EL crashed in about 5 seconds after i started.

i deleted the grapic driver and EL. reinstalled them and get the same asuming i just started my computer and was off whole night it just can't be an heat problem:S

what now???

yesterday it seemed to work fine putting an max fps i didn't had them for a while. later that evening i entered the portland storage and there it went mad the changing collors and such where hopping in madly after eachother just unreal.

If the limit FPS option solved it, even if it was just for a while, you do have a heat problem. Fewer FPS = less work for the graphics card = longer time before overheating.

And get it solved as fast as you can, overheating can ruin your card. :rolleyes:

yeah that's what i heard before overheating...

but now i had my computer starting up after the whole night off and tryed playing and the weird collors are getting up almost immidiatly at an normal map

i don't know if it's overheating but i do know my graphic card is the hottest part in my whole computer atm it doesn't feel that hot is there an way to check the temp of it. and what temp means it's overheating???

atm i definetly can't play after 5 seconds my monitor turns black and there is no way getting it back again so i have to restart my computer :rolleyes:

but now i had my computer starting up after the whole night off and tryed playing and the weird collors are getting up almost immidiatly at an normal map

Those things don't take very long to heat up. An Athlon processor takes only a few seconds from you pull off the fan and heat sink until white smoke starts rising from the CPU itself.

I would say if it's safe to hold your hand on, it's not overheating. But if your hand gets burned... :ph34r:

well it definetly ain't my cpu who's overheating for sure

but my graphic card is alot hotter but not even close of burning my hands on it lol

so it ain't overheating.

i wonder if i can ever play again:S because i simply can't atm

ok i found out that the fam for my gpu didn't worked at all and when i touched the cooling ribs they definetly where burning hot and i could burn my fingers on it. so that was indeed the problem i got an new fan on it and everything seems to work fine now thank you all for your help:)