Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Update, part trois (that's 3)

Ok I uploaded a NEW file, this should be the last, ultimate and final file that will even be used for the update.

It has the same name with the old one, so please follow the instructions, and post any feedback (negative or positive).

Make a copy of your current EL folder.

Download www.eternal-lands.com/el_update_101.exe

Install the update in the new folder where you copied the old el folder.

try and see if it works.

P.S. 1 If you did try the previous update, pelase delete that folder, and follow the instructions in this thread.

P.S. 2 This update will have some glitches because the main server is not updated. Those glitches are not a problem, I am interested if the gane works without crashing and such.

P.S. 3 You can try to test it on the test server, if you wish, by editing el.ini and changing the port to 2001. If you do that and find glitches, let us know here.

If there are any problems, plese specify what OS you are using, and what video card.

Reca the npc in the IP general store is not working. When you click on her instead of the buy or sell options coming up the only option there is "nothing, thank you".

EDIT: ok so I am really tired and I forgot I took anit-social. Please delete this.

Edited by xavier1

Game crashes after trying to login and first sounds.

Ошибка приложения el.exe, версия 0.9.9.0, модуль sisgl.dll, версия 6.14.10.2220, адрес 0x00094de5.

Looks like, it don't like my laptop SiS 650 video card. Driver is the last - 3.59 version.

Game crashes after trying to login and first sounds.

Ошибка приложения el.exe, версия 0.9.9.0, модуль sisgl.dll, версия 6.14.10.2220, адрес 0x00094de5.

Otsibka prilojeniia el.exe, versiia 0.9.9.0, module sisgl.dll, versiia 6.14.10.2220, adres 0x00094de5.

Something like that, should make it a little more readable to our programmers.

Are you using the old version (0.9.9) to connect to the test server?

Are you using the old version (0.9.9) to connect to the test server?

I copied folder /Program Files/Eternal Lands to folder /Program Files/Eternal Lands 1.0.1, launched update file, selected folder /Program Files/Eternal Lands 1.0.1 (by default it was showing me /Program Files/Eternal Lands), update executed, then opened el.exe from /Program Files/Eternal Lands 1.0.1, it showed me some text with rules, after 3 seconds i pressed "I Accept", then it connected to server, i inputed my login and password, pressed "Login", it played some sound and crashed - Win XP offered to send bug report to Microsoft. That happened few times, i was trying to login.

Now i am at work, so i can't do anything. For example, compare el.exe files in /Program Files/Eternal Lands and /Program Files/Eternal Lands 1.0.1. I will try to make it work at evening, if nothing happens - will post in Bugs forum.

erm it was russian btw it means something like application error EL.exe version 0.9.9.0 module sisgl.dll version 6.14.10.2220 adress 0x00094de5. that what it means in translation....well maybe i made mistake somewhere but it means something like that.

Edited by Arthur

erm it was russian btw it means something like application error EL.exe version 0.9.9.0 module sisgl.dll version 6.14.10.2220 adress 0x00094de5. that what it means in translation....well maybe i made mistake somewhere but it means something like that.

You are right. Simply, i was in hurry, posting that, so forget to translate error text from application logs.

Any idea when this update will drop for the actual game server?

Today

ummm can you be more specific...... the time today???? :lol: Only j/k

Everything works fine except those damm health bars and a couple of times i haven't been able to walk anywhere. So i re-load and everything is fine (except those damm health bars hehe).

Windows XP Pro with a poxy NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440

Today

Everything works fine except those damm health bars and a couple of times i haven't been able to walk anywhere. So i re-load and everything is fine (except those damm health bars hehe).

connect to port 2001 and the health bars and all other problems will be gone :) (el.ini > gameport 2001)

Today

connect to port 2001 and the health bars and all other problems will be gone :) (el.ini > gameport 2001)

Yeah - but you can't get off IP can you Trop???? :)

You are right. Simply, i was in hurry, posting that, so forget to translate error text from application logs.

hehe i always wanted a russian computer to rp james bond :D

Downloaded the new update and it's working better then my old client. 50-60 fps for me now instead of 25. YAY!

Though i have one suggestion/complaint/idea. The tavern and storage map dots for the new maps are almost the exact same color, perhaps the difference should be more definate for people with weak eyes or old monitors. maybe a much darker brown is in order?

Edited by Itami

Downloaded the new update and it's working better then my old client. 50-60 fps for me now instead of 25. YAY!

Though i have one suggestion/complaint/idea. The tavern and storage map dots for the new maps are almost the exact same color, perhaps the difference should be more definate for people with weak eyes or old monitors. maybe a much darker brown is in order?

I noticed this too and I think your right. If you dont know the maps your definately going to get confused.