Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

About the update

Aright, here's another one for you. Now I love the way this is set up, I have absolutely no idea how you did it, but I love it. My only issue is this...

p6465916.jpg

"I swear it looks like I should be able to walk underneath here :D "

Now if I'm being too Picky and you want me to just shut up let me know... Umkay. I did try clicking all underneath the stairs it just makes me climb up them, just a little something I didn't feel was quite fitting, but I know it's a magic school, there's probably a magical shield blocking me from getting underneath the stairs but hey this is what I was thinking when I was trying it :o

NeoSeS

Here's another little thing I noticed, and since no one told me to shut up yet, I guess I'll post it. :D

p6466183.jpg

"Depending on how you step on this path, the color tone of the tials changes, probably another magical effect the wizards of the school developed for the shear ammusement of their pupils"

NeoSeS

mmm, some people have noticed that effect. Actually it is not intended and does not happen on all systems - we still don't know why it happens on some systems, but we're guessing that it's the graphic drivers or SDL version that's causing the strange colour tones...

mmm, some people have noticed that effect. Actually it is not intended and does not happen on all systems - we still don't know why it happens on some systems, but we're guessing that it's the graphic drivers or SDL version that's causing the strange colour tones...

It's because OpenGL can use only 8 lights, and if there are more than 8 lights in a scene then the enarest 8 lights are used. So when you move some lights dissapear while other appear.

ent do you know when p2p will come out. i cant wait; and how will it work?

Edited by desil

Okay I found one more...

Definetly need to take a look at this section of the map. It's alongside the school entrance.

p6466456.jpg

There's something funky with the heightmapping going on here, (I think, I was never that great with the map editor) I'll explain why in the next picture.

p6466464.jpg

You see the blue X there, that's me... I did an overlay on the bottom right hand corner. You can see a shadow there, that shadow would be me in the picture where the blue X is, there's a small section there that is effected it's almost like I fell into a hole and started walking around underneath the the sidewalke type area for some reason.

NeoSeS

Neo, there is a thread in the bug reports section for all this stuff (since no1 else mentioned it). It might be better to post them there.

Okay this one is just for a laugh... I figured it happened to me three times as I walked into a building so...

"HELP... I'm stuck in a Door"

p6466734.jpg

You all know who...

Okay this one is just for a laugh... I figured it happened to me three times as I walked into a building so...

"HELP... I'm stuck in a Door"

p6466734.jpg

You all know who...

Looks like neo got his hand stuck in the mirror :D

"I swear it looks like I should be able to walk underneath here :blink: "

It looks like, yes. But the map format is limited to one walkable height per tile. So, you can't make something that you can go both under and over.

No walking under bridges, unfortunately.

Entrophy is there any chance of it being out tomarrow  :blink:  i'll check even if it does crash

It crashes at startup, you can't even see anything. But like I said, there will be a small test version, which will be available prior to the update.

Test version is already relased, Wytter and me prepared it. It is posted on Programming forum, if you'd

like to give it a try: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11362

Regards.

It won't let me teleport from ip on the boat.

Did you changed the port from 2000 to 2001 ? thats the Test server ...The test update wont alow you to teleport via boats at port 2000