Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teylorr

Rs Or El? No Flaming

I used to play EL and still do once in awhile but now im playing RS more. Here we go *BANNED*. Well nice knowing you guys.

Why: Dont know why. Just the way it is.

And shouldnt this be in OffTopic?

NoW

Edited by NoW

I really don't feel that much one way or the other about neither! I just play this game because I'm playing this one currently! I can only play one or the other and I've already invested a good deal of Time here.

I play 7 mmorpg's and pick EL over RS any day.

I love being able to harvest and go off and get work

done on other sites and read and stuff... only game i

can do this with and easy to play mindlessly and

watch dvd's...lol... i spend way more time in EL now days

and find it to be the best free game i have played and

it works with my main computers video card... others

are too much for my main computers and it does not

take up a lot of HD room.

EL because it's one of those games that have a community going, even if there are a couple pricks in the rosebed.

EL has MUCH MUCH better Community - some really helpful guys in help me forums, when u get baned u can get unbaned, admins aren't mean idiots that ban u after u tell one word against her game... so...

"EL"

"EL"

Because I hate *Trade*, "Presss 222 to giv me armer!1!11", "pls pls pls giv me sum ruunes", "pls plz i need1!11!!", "freee wapon pls". I played RS for 2 years, but stopped last year around this time, when I found EL and they released RS 2... EL simply has a more mature audience than RS, and it'll get even better in P2P ;)

Their graphics simply sucks compared to EL - sure, it's Java, and as a programmer I respect the tremendous work behind the RS 2 engine; but if they want full 3D they really should stick to an OpenGL/C/C++ or OpenGL/Java approach if they want to make it look any good. An interesting experiment, but the warning signs should've been up when they saw their first models... Hell, if you just have a fairly decent graphics card (say Geforce2 MX and above) EL will even use less ressources and look a lot cleaner - especially if the framerate is locked to the ~5 fps as RS ;-).

Edited by Wytter

What are you still doing here when you dont like the game?? Even when you never played it!!

I like Eternal Lands way better, can you see it on the sig :) My reason, better community, better guilds, better way of harvesting and being able to do other stuff.

"EL"

Because I hate *Trade*, "Presss 222 to giv me armer!1!11", "pls pls pls giv me sum ruunes", "pls plz i need1!11!!", "freee wapon pls". I played RS for 2 years, but stopped last year around this time, when I found EL and they released RS 2... EL simply has a more mature audience than RS, and it'll get even better in P2P :)

Their graphics simply sucks compared to EL - sure, it's Java, and as a programmer I respect the tremendous work behind the RS 2 engine; but if they want full 3D they really should stick to an OpenGL/C/C++ or OpenGL/Java approach if they want to make it look any good. An interesting experiment, but the warning signs should've been up when they saw their first models... Hell, if you just have a fairly decent graphics card (say Geforce2 MX and above) EL will even use less ressources and look a lot cleaner - especially if the framerate is locked to the ~5 fps as RS ;-).

lol yeah on server 1 there is 24/7 about 300 people in varrock square and u never know who sells what because there's like 50 messages/second

EL all the way

Why: I played runescape for about an hour...it was insane......billions of people running around everyone killing each other and i smack dab in the middle of it all, i had no idea what the hell was going on all i knew was, got.to.get.out.... wheres the newest phone a place this insane has to have a matrix style get the f*** out of here << >> << >> i left, and never went back to that cursive place ever again :)

HOWBOUTYOU!

RS is okay... if you're on P2P, but why pay for something you can have for free? (AKA EL) :)

So... "EL"

EL. Runescape has a twisted econemy and NO help. When you get help, it looks like *****8 ki** ***sic. Their filter is twisted, and after you can smith myrithiril, nothing interesting left. You're rich, you have everything.

My dear friends, today i would like to address you about an issue involving el or rs.

I, unlike you, have played both games for sometime, none of these games are ANY GOOD. My best suggestion would go and play conqueronline. I will explain why. Now listen to me little girls and boys. When you walk about in el you get lag every milli seccond, darn that is the most horrible thing. The pking sucks, the fighting sucks, everything sucks. So you ask me now, why are you bothoring to write in this forum?. Well i tell you, i do it for you, i can feel that you are searching for a good game, and el is not providing anything good.

When you walk about in el you get lag every milli seccond, darn that is the most horrible thing.

Where is this 'lag' you speak of? :blink:

The only time I've had EL lag is when whole groups of people are doing that silly sit/stand as much as possible, or if i'm summoning 100ish bunnies or something..

Perhaps either your connection or your comp is underpowered?

So you ask me now, why are you bothoring to write in this forum?. Well i tell you, i do it for you, i can feel that you are searching for a good game, and el is not providing anything good.

In other words, you did it just to advertise. Amazing that a game like conqueronline can be so bad that people need to advertise it on EL forums. Sad, sad, sad.