Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sailorboy

Mercury

Well, lets look at it rationally.

First off, Mercury is a Liquid! Logically, How on earth do you hold Liquid? How can one Mine Liquid? Imagine holding 300 Emu of a Liquid.

Second, Mercury is a very Dangerous substance! Holding it your hand is dangerous enough but then performing complex Chemesty with it makes it even more dangerous.

Now, taking these two facts into mind, I think Mercury should come in Vials. It's much more logical, don't you think? Players would buy it in Vials, just like they would Potions and in doing so, they get extra vials as well. Then, once that is understood, the issue of Mining it becomes clear, as it would require a player to be carrying Vials with him/her to mine it. The amount of Mercury a Player can collect depends entirely on the amount of Vials he or she is carrying.

Well, lets look at it rationally.

First off, Mercury is a Liquid! Logically, How on earth do you hold Liquid? How can one Mine Liquid? Imagine holding 300 Emu of a Liquid.

Second, Mercury is a very Dangerous substance! Holding it your hand is dangerous enough but then performing complex Chemesty with it makes it even more dangerous.

Now, taking these two facts into mind, I think Mercury should come in Vials. It's much more logical, don't you think? Players would buy it in Vials, just like they would Potions and in doing so, they get extra vials as well. Then, once that is understood, the issue of Mining it becomes clear, as it would require a player to be carrying Vials with him/her to mine it. The amount of Mercury a Player can collect depends entirely on the amount of Vials he or she is carrying.

Cool this be cool resource we can mine.

In reality, mercury is mined. It is occasionally found as small liquid globules in rock, bust it is usually mined from cinnabar, a mineral made from Mercury and Sulphur. It is heated in small furnaces, oxygen combining with cinnabar to decompose the metal liquid Hg (Mercury :) ) out of the ore and emitting SO2, Sulphur Dioxide, a poisonous gas. Typically it is purified in iron flasks, filtered through chamois skin or slowly passed through a diluted solution of nitric acid.

Of course, that is reality.....and this is a fantasy game.

cool then.

we could mine it, open manufacture window and combine with some fire essences, iron ore and vials, then hopefully produce a flask of refined mercury at the end of it.

when making spirit essence you would then also produce 1 empty vial (left over from the mercury) each time you're successful.

thus it would still cost you (a vial), and take even more of your time to refine it (yayyy just what we need).

happy?

um i don't think he was on crack, i think some people are just blessed with the art of being inarticulate.

blame the tv.

um i don't think he was on crack, i think some people are just blessed with the art of being inarticulate.

blame the tv.

Ok in that case.......

Please put the remote down and pick up a book....

I say.. mercury be bought cheaper. ON two conditions:

· You must wear leather gloves.

· Regardless if you wear them or not, it should slowly decrease your hp as you hold it (long exposure to mercury = muy mal)

· Regardless if you wear them or not

Make up your mind Daxon. :P

For the record, I support something similar to what stasia suggested based on the reality of mercury that I posted. Or at the very least, an opinion from the big whigs about the idea of mercury aquisition being altered.

Otherwise I will be doomed to bending my brain into a pretzel type formation in order to calculate symbiosis between the market and the mercury.

:)

In reality, mercury is mined. It is occasionally found as small liquid globules in rock, bust it is usually mined from cinnabar, a mineral made from Mercury and Sulphur. It is heated in small furnaces, oxygen combining with cinnabar to decompose the metal liquid Hg (Mercury :) ) out of the ore and emitting SO2, Sulphur Dioxide, a poisonous gas. Typically it is purified in iron flasks, filtered through chamois skin or slowly passed through a diluted solution of nitric acid.

Of course, that is reality.....and this is a fantasy game.

Exactly. If this game was a reality, we would all be picking up sand and looking for rumite for titanium. Realistically, titanium should have the lowest harvest level because it is suply a component of sand. All it would require is an immensly high achemley level.

· Regardless if you wear them or not

Make up your mind Daxon. :P

For the record, I support something similar to what stasia suggested based on the reality of mercury that I posted. Or at the very least, an opinion from the big whigs about the idea of mercury aquisition being altered.

Otherwise I will be doomed to bending my brain into a pretzel type formation in order to calculate symbiosis between the market and the mercury.

:)

It means that (taking you to reality) even if you were to wear the gloves, you'd still receive poisoning damage from it.

To handle mercury properly IRL, you need the whole works. O.o Not just a pair of leather gloves that any active chemical could burn through.