Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LordoftheDamned

Classes

Guest LordoftheDamned

I hate this magic system!!!! I love mages, all my mmorpgs i play them. But in this game, u cant major in magic, it costs 2 much, the spells are junk, and the only atrubuite 2 increase magic is ur mana. I really wish they would make sum classes in the game, ie. warrior, mage, thief, and such. But still keep the atrabuits/perks or u can still customize ur char. But for the magic, after u get all the singals and ess, its like u have 2 buy ur spells, and the spells are junk, no damaging spells at alll. or have an atbuite 2 increase damage of spells, or accreacy. but the system now, its very limited, you arnt defined what kind of char u are til very high lvl, and even then there isnt much of a diff bewteen them.

p.s im a horid speller so plz forgive me.

I think he's trying to say the magic system sucks, ent.

and yesterday when i went to the Tri-cities in washington i think i passsed a sighn saying:

to Entopia :P:P:D

We are trying to stay away from setting up classes right? because I mean, you can make sub-classes in magic. Summoner, Mage, Cleric, general classes. but we are trying to stay away from setting up classes, or at least leaving the game open so that players can be all classes If I am correct?

Guest LordoftheDamned

ok, im a noob, i didn't know any of that, but if roja is making a better magic system, i hope it either elimiates signils or decreases the price at npcs.

ok, im a noob, i didn't know any of that, but if roja is making a better magic system, i hope it either elimiates signils or decreases the price at npcs.

sigils.. and 700 gold isn't as much as you seem to think. x.x

Sigils dont add much cost to a magic user when you consider each sigil only needs to be bought once, and you can buy the ones you need when you need spells using them.

*thinks back to the old days*

yes, 700 is a horrid drain on your wallet...

Perhaps, and this is only a thought, creating sigils, much like creating enriched essence but with a different %chance would be a nice addition, since they are worth less than enriched essences (currently, as is dictated by the economy, but it changes so much I dunno, so a smaller percent chance than enriched essences would be more appropriate...

They of course would need to corrospond with the essences that can be created... (E.g. Heal=>health essences, some sigils could of course not be made yet...)

Two cents.

-E.S.

what is tricky is switching quickly between the sigil patterns to cast different spells during combat.

r u constrained in real life to only one class or u can b whatever u want

I say add another nexus that powers up magic with the more you add to it (limit 5, of course). Like, remote heal heals 7 hp. So make a one in magic nexus (not the crafting one) add like +3 to it. So you can heal a total of 22 hp with 5 in the magic nexus.

Just a suggestion to a relatively poor magic system.

like i said, the magic system is planed for a rework. from what i recall it will become cheaper/easyer to pick up sigils. and there is a magic quickbar patch sitting around on the cvs page, all it needs is for someone to try and merge it with the cvs (alltho its starting to show its age :ph34r: )...