Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New achivements

If you look at the achievements DDS file, you will see that we have a few unused ones. Adding new achievements requires a client update, and as we are getting near the next client release, it would be a good idea to add them now (they can't be added via a simple server update).

We have 5 or so unused achievements, so if you have an idea (that would ideally match the icons) please post it here.

The unused icons seem to be in the area used for skills (completed tutorials and such), so let's go for the evident uses:

• 7 6 ("Remote heal" symbol): either Healer: "cast X 'remote heal' and 'heal allies'  spells" or Mage: "reached magic level X" (as there's no magic tutorial, that's the best I could come up with. I'd prefer the 'Healer' reward, as it's one for service to others).
  • 8 7 ("Bear paw"): Master Summoner: finished Summoning tutorial.
  • 10 9 ("Caltrop"): Engineer: finished Engineering tutorial
  • 11 10 ("Loom"): Seamstress: finished Tailoring tutorial
  • 12 11 ("Pickaxe"): Gatherer: finished Harvesting tutorial

I'm sure there will be more 'original' ideas, but this fits in with the rest, and fills the holes in the rewards. Also, those icons are "reward" icons with a (laurel) wreath on them, which sets them apart from the others

I noticed there is still room for 8 more icons in that image file...

Edited by revi
Changed numbering to programmers' counting (zero-based :P )

This is a better look at the achievements.dds file, indicating the 5 unused images. Numbers are their image IDs for easier reference (note the image count starts at 0, not 1).

I think 9-11 are pretty obvious, as there's Tutorials for them.

9- Engineering Tutorial completed

10- Tailoring Tutorial completed

11- Harvesting Tutorial completed

6- ? (Something-something magic something)

7-? perhaps finished X number of Maia summoning dailies?

achievements.jpg

If the achievements are added for finishing a tutorial, they'll need to be retroactive since it's impossible to do the tutorial again.  It's also not really fair to people who have already put in the work.

That shouldn't be a problem, as that information is stored on the server (completed quests...)

Anything that has to count e.g. spells is a different matter, as that info is not necessarily stored now. So that will have to start counting with the next update. As unfair as not counting tutorials finished before the update, but afaik unsolvable (no, client-side counters aren't acceptable :P )

This would be a nice addition to the update.  The tutorial completed ones would be nice but some additional ones that everyone needs to earn would be good too.  I like the healer idea.  We could also have bone eater, horse rider, fast walker, player/bot/npc trader, axe (and other tool) breaker, harvester medallion (and others) breaker ... In addition to the remaining eight image slots and the unused icons, the client and client/server protocol supports many more achievements.  Without client code changes, we could have multiple achievement image files, and multiple pages in the achievement window, the server protocol supports variable length messages.

Edited by bluap

Gah... we may need a designer for new images. I did the inventory ones but they're all just tweaks of roja's other inv images, only a couple originals and they're more basic ones.

I don't think I can tweak the acheivement images the same way.

I managed to get blanks for the achievement medals (the bronze/gold/silver ones without the wreath). Combining those with existing icons seems to work reasonably well (after scaling, of course), although clearly not all icons will be suitable.