Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

More use for amber

Lets use amber for what it is really used IRL.

Let there be amber rings, amber medallions.

Amber in a combination with silver rings, gold rings and such.

What do they do?

Thats up to Radu, maybe some more teleport rings, meds with new effects, who knows.

Piper

Amber has long been used in folk medicine for its purported healing properties.[41] Amber and extracts were used from the time of Hippocrates in ancient Greece for a wide variety of treatments through the Middle Ages and up until the early twentieth century.

One idea would be a new spell. A heal over time spell maybe. Have the formula be something like 8 HEs, 4 LEs and 1 amber which could heal a person x amount of health over time for a period of like 5 minutes or so. Cost of mana maybe around 35-40 mana.

That's just a layout for an idea but if interested the details could be adjusted.

Most ways which the game can be improved or expanded, i'm happy about and its the same for this idea.

Amber is a quite an upper-level game item:

Recommended 110 Harvesting Level

Inorganic Nexus of 6,

Weight = 5

Requires Action Points

Price of 250gc or so..

(sourced from EL Wiki)

Therefore i think that any new use for amber should not be crucial to the game and be pretty expensive.

Heh. It would be nice to have more use for amber. I have a stockpile of 257 amber.

Your donation, when the current global quest reward is over, is very welcome then :)

Piper

It WOULD be nice to have more use for Amber... :lurker:

No it would not. Amber is also being used in engineering, and engineers have pretty much started a price-war making it hard to get the amber for the global done.

If you have a stockpile, please consider taking it to Hyutan for the global. Otherwise I fear that we will no longer get global quests done at all.

Remember that not everyone can harvest amber, it needs a very high nexus. If you stay on 24/7 you can get at most 10 amber a day, a global quest is valid for 10 days, When I donate ALL the amber I harvested in that time, it is still only about 100 amber. And I would like to use a few for invances too :P

It WOULD be nice to have more use for Amber... :lurker:

No it would not. Amber is also being used in engineering, and engineers have pretty much started a price-war making it hard to get the amber for the global done.

If you have a stockpile, please consider taking it to Hyutan for the global. Otherwise I fear that we will no longer get global quests done at all.

Remember that not everyone can harvest amber, it needs a very high nexus. If you stay on 24/7 you can get at most 10 amber a day, a global quest is valid for 10 days, When I donate ALL the amber I harvested in that time, it is still only about 100 amber. And I would like to use a few for invances too :P

Couldn't agree more

Eek, I was just making a play-on word joke with my name! :mean: Guess no one got it...

As an old/new player, I have 2 Amber, and it took me what felt like hours to harvest them in one sitting. I will hold on to them if I ever decide to participate in an invance. For those that have stockpiles, I would hate to imagine how long it took to get those! :pinch: