Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Faxie

Invance ban for individual players

I don't think a game ban is appropriate. Many of the people involved who reacted (badly) did so out of frustration, and continued provocation. It really is a group problem.

First of all, thank you for all your reactions.

@Aislinn: Thank you for explaining what happened that night, I think your addon with a single channel ban (or mute) is a good idea.

Maybe the ones who legitimately had nothing to do with this (and yes there are some really good, patient, kind people in this range) can talk some sense into the rest.

No matter how you slice it, it is unfair to ban the entire group for a few people's actions, and it is most definately not up to the other players to try and talk sense to the offenders. I'm sure that is nothing but a recipe for disaster. [Maybe 5-10% of the entire group would take kindly to people trying to make them "see the light".]

Many of the people involved who reacted (badly) did so out of frustration.

These people let themselves get to the point of frustration, and they also crossed the line and put themselves into the same grouping as the instigators.

As one in the range of this instance and one who tries to do something useful all the time in the instances when i get to them (be it melee or as ranger) i can understand Aislinn, and agree there are a few people in them for which a ban of the ability to go to instance would be a good choice, as to talk sense into them. there are quite a few who in my opinion are lost causes. A few who take part in anything the lost causes start because it looks cool, and the 3rd part who ignores them and do their thing, helping where help is needed fighting otherwise more or less for themself. I think a ban for induvidiums, that would also include a ban of the channel, would be a nice idea and give the people who caused the trouble some timeoff while other people who do not complain or do not go into every instance may still be able to find a group. It also may make the overcrowded instances a bit more fun again.