Eternal Lands Official Forums
Spartan_Warrior

Banned

So in the end I know I've pissed off many people, and many people would like to never see me return to this wonderful game. But if I may suggest a punishment that is not easy, or in my favor, I would like to return to the game one day. This is my peace offering of sorts, and perhaps a way of righting the multiplay rule I broke.

I would be willing to serve a ban period of 90 days, with an IP ban lifted so I may enter game for the following reason. I would commit to serving 250 hours minimum of newbie help service on help channels and Isla Prima, and if I predict correctly, would only take me maybe 4 months. At the end of the 250 hours served helping on Isla Prima, there could be a review period, where the hours served of community service would be double checked. At this point, theoretically speaking, the bans would be lifted, and alts restriction clause (no alts rule) would become active with the character (Onuris). However, with the unbanning of the character there would be one very specific clause, and that would be to recompensate the LNX guild bot, via a third party, with all items that were multiplayed with, with the exception of the items taken during scam. So any items that were traded before scam would be returned. It could be easily argued that, that is not enough, so inn addition to that I would cover compensatory damages in the form of doubling every item from before scam within 4 months. These damages would be repayed within 6 months, or IP Ban would be reactivated. Is this a satisfactory punishment?

1. No, you don't get to suggest a punishment.

2. Unless you would like to pay me to spend that much time monitoring you and your actions, I have no interest in wasting my time doing that. You seriously think I want to spend 4 months as your personal EL secretary to monitor and review you?

2. The no-alts will not be lifted at any time.

3. I think we can come up with somebody with better morals to teach the newbies of EL, thank you very much. Your brand of playing is not what we want to be spreading around.

4. You will serve the mandatory month off like everyone else. I have no interest in unbanning your IP before that time.

5. You will get a complete item wipe on the 1 character you will be allowed to get back.

6. What happens to that stuff...we haven't decided yet.

As to your ps, what you think of my reasons is probably no different than anybody else who gets caught. Save it and get CTS on something more worth your time.

No.

1. No, you don't get to suggest a punishment.

2. Unless you would like to pay me to spend that much time monitoring you and your actions, I have no interest in wasting my time doing that. You seriously think I want to spend 4 months as your personal EL secretary to monitor and review you?

2. The no-alts will not be lifted at any time.

3. I think we can come up with somebody with better morals to teach the newbies of EL, thank you very much. Your brand of playing is not what we want to be spreading around.

4. You will serve the mandatory month off like everyone else. I have no interest in unbanning your IP before that time.

5. You will get a complete item wipe on the 1 character you will be allowed to get back.

6. What happens to that stuff...we haven't decided yet.

As to your ps, what you think of my reasons is probably no different than anybody else who gets caught. Save it and get CTS on something more worth your time.

Your contradicting post yet again confuses me Ms. Aislinn, you said I do not get to suggest a punishment, yet you comment on different aspects of what I suggested and how they would work. The no alts rule is so that for the next 7 months I can't even touch my character. My time would be spent helping newbies and afaik, I've done a pretty good job of that, with the exception of 1 incident where I said "no" when someone asked for help and I was on an alt. Logs show that I was on channel 1 helping after my ban, but you didn't see that either. Then you say you wouldn't be willing to spend that much time checking my logs unless I paid you? Ok, let's say I paid you, for such a heinous punishment which outweighs most punishments i've seen, it would not be fun for me to play this game, yet I am willing to do it.

"What happens to that stuff we haven't decided". - So what the heck does this mean? You'll be returning scammed items?

Lastly, the way you answered my forum pm was the same way you've been reading most of my posts. I am not, FFS, complaining I got caught. I am not begging to be unbanned, and I'm not running around disrespecting you or your moderation team. Yet you feel the "obligation to talk to [me] like [i'm in] kindergarten?" For no reason other than I was caught scamming massive amounts of gc? I am not like "everyone else," and I even went so far as to explain to radu how the bot bug worked after I pulled off the scam.

Whatever the outcome this next statement will always stand true, thank you for everything the moderation team has done for me, and for making this game a better place. You don't get recognized for that enough.

Contradictory post?

I was extending the courtesy of acknowledging your efforts. Next time I won't bother.

Contradictory post?

I was extending the courtesy of acknowledging your efforts. Next time I won't bother.

You know what, you're right but I felt that your reply wasn't satisfactory so I let

my opinion take over.***EDIT*** and I apologize ***/EDIT***

Regarding helping newbies, there is no lesson of morals taught withthe tutorial npc, I felt the obligation to suggest such long hours of service to the community because recompensating LNX for only double the items I took would be a slap on the wrist.<edit> And in some way, I would begin to serve the community, in other words, giving back to the community. </edit> In this fashion, my life would be hell, and you wouldn't have to babysit daily, perhaps spend a half hour at the end of the 250 hours served.

I would like to kindly ask that you take my punishment as a suggestion, and manipulate it however you see fit.

Thank you for your kindness.

Edited by Spartan_Warrior

Your punishment will be the same as what we offer the others, with a small exception.

You will serve 1 month of suspension from the game, and similar to what we do in other cases of multi, you will either get a storage wipe or be allowed to return the scammed items.

Honestly I don't see any information in that, although of course I understand your feelings.

While waiting for a forum admin to wake up and clean this thread, it might be worth restating that:

1. abusing the trust of the good guys at LNX is not a violation of the game rules, and so no punishment goes with it. Of course, players are free to shun off and obstracize the culprit at will;
  2. scamming a bot into giving incorrect change is not a violation of the game rules, as long as the bug is in the bot, and not in the server. There is still some discussion ongoing at a technical level, but so far no punishment was attribuited for that.

The reason why Spartan_Warrior is currently banned is a very classic form of illegal multiplaying (Rule 5), not the scamming. Personally, I think all he is proposing above verges on a form of "cruel and inusual punishment", since other cases of illegal multiplaying are normally dealt with by ban period+possible storage wipe. But the detailed judgement on the case lies with the moderator that handled it, namely Aislinn.

If my assessment is incorrect, I apologize for the confusion and trust I will be corrected soon.

Indeed, he is banned for multi, not for scamming.

Even if he didn't scam any bots (say, he had full permission from LNX to get everything on that bot), he would still be banned 1 month for the illegal multi. We banned people in the past for doing exactly that (using bots to transfer items). The fact that he scammed people is not relevant to this case, even though others would like it to be. I like our rules to be consistent.

Your punishment will be the same as what we offer the others, with a small exception.

You will serve 1 month of suspension from the game, and similar to what we do in other cases of multi, you will either get a storage wipe or be allowed to return the scammed items.

Indeed, he is banned for multi, not for scamming.

Even if he didn't scam any bots (say, he had full permission from LNX to get everything on that bot), he would still be banned 1 month for the illegal multi. We banned people in the past for doing exactly that (using bots to transfer items). The fact that he scammed people is not relevant to this case, even though others would like it to be. I like our rules to be consistent.

Thank you for your fair judgement in this matter Radu, and I appreciate that you try to make your rules as consistent as possible. Before my character is unbanned I would like to request one last namechange, from Onuris back to Spartan_Warrior please, paid of course.

You mentioned a small exception to the ban offer, but I wasn't sure which part you meant, could you please clarify? As for my choice, I will think it over and decide in 1 month whether to return items or get a storage wipe.

Sincerely,

Spartan_Warrior

Edited by Spartan_Warrior

Yes, you can get the name changed after the ban. As for the exception, I meant that instead of wiping your storage I'll just make you give back what you took from the bots.

Hello:)

I've come back to request an item wipe and ip unbanned, and character unlocked please. I apologize for wasting the time of the administration.

I thought he offloaded his items to someone else. So a storage wipe would not hurt him what-so-ever.

Which alts are "stocked up?" What were they "stocked up" with? And who did it come from? AFAIK all my alts are sto-less noobs with harvest 20 to join guilds. There is no "few other people" either, and again I would like to kindly request that this thread somehow be made specific so that I may disclose personal financial information and names that should remain anonymous.

With proper time and cool collected conversation I will attempt to show how the old SW character was sold, and his posessions were sold into the EL market for gc. That gc was then sold to a third party whom I disclosed in PM to a mod, and shared with you. I would like to also ask that the fact that I "wasted moderators time ever since I came back" be called with specific situations, dates, and the amount of times they occurred. If there is anything else the moderation team would like to, or could suggest, I would appreciate it. Hopefully this matter will be resolved swiftly.

Essentially, in my reading of this, what he scammed was converted to real world $.

Edited by Drakos7

K, done..

BTW, if I may ask, what happened to your inventory?

Isn't his inventory, or items bought with the proceeds from what he stole then sold, on Onuris, the character he bought? Spartan_Warrior is now just a placeholder for the name.

Speaking for myself only here:

Whatever anybody thinks of me or radu, returning the stuff was the right thing to do in this case.

True or not, even after having read that garbage (I deleted it, it is unrelated to your ban), I would do it again.

Now that said, take your squabble somewhere else.