Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KuRiKiMo

Monster Statistic Spell

Alright so, I was thinking of some things I'd like to see implemented into the game. And one good one I thought of was a spell that would show you the statistics, (a/d/p/c), of a monster that the spell is cast on. This would benefit a lot of people just because they could see what is perfect for their current levels and attributes. The spell wouldn't be too costly I was thinking maybe 1 magic, spirit, and energy essences. And the sigils Create, Knowledge could be used in this spell.

Well anyways :pickaxe: Just an idea. Let me know what you guys think!

I like. :pickaxe: Perhaps it could also tell the monster's armor? I know I always wonder if a BP cloak is any use or not on diff critters...

Good idea. I've always hated not knowing whether I'm strong enough to fight something I've never fought before. Right now, the only ways to know if you're strong enough to kill a creature is to look it up on an unofficial web site, or to attack it.

I think Cid had this ability in Final Fantasy 2.

I don't like it. Where is the joy of discovering and balancing your build? Not knowing and guessing is more fun than knowing perfectly well. If you would know precise monster stats, it would quicky lead to boredom without challenge. If this spell is implemented, Entropy could justt as well present any innards of EL somewhere on the web...

Maybe the spell shouldn't show full stats of monster, but change the colour of it's name or something to show how hard the monster is compared to your own lvls. Like red - it will surely pwn you, orange - you might survive with good armor and weapon, yellow - training mob, light green - easy, green - one hit wonder.

I also don't think revealing the monsters stats in their entirely is a such a good idea. For some of us, half the fun is figuring that out.

Maybe the spell shouldn't show full stats of monster, but change the colour of it's name or something to show how hard the monster is compared to your own lvls. Like red - it will surely pwn you, orange - you might survive with good armor and weapon, yellow - training mob, light green - easy, green - one hit wonder.

Miiks idea on the other hand sounds pretty good.

This would make the game too easy and training will losing a bit of surprise :-)

Maybe this spell should be used on Castellan instead to help to figure out the spawned monster current weakness (of course not in detailed way, more like in roleplaying style)?

Edited by csiga

Some things are better left un said.. Part of the charm of this game is the not knowing. If you know you will win a fight (player/mob/or el girl friend) then a lot of the mystery is lost. Part of the game that keeps me coming back is the "what will happen next factor" If it was only grinding levels and making gold coins, I would have lost intrest some time ago.

I agree with wizzy, and others who are anti such a spell. CEL and EL Wiki, provide a good enough base info's of all creatures.

As far as knowing a special weakness, well then what would be the point of the Castellan's weakness. Part of the challenge is not knowing.

For me it's really annoying trying to find that right mob to train.

Try asking on the help channels then. Plenty of other people can help you find what creature to train on vs. radu spending time developing something that would be useless to most players in the game, imo.

I agree that not knowing the exact stats of a creature is important to the excitement of the game. Having a rough idea of the strength of a creature or player for that case does seem to make a little bit of sense though. A person that has alot of muscles would surely be very strong. EL has no variation in how muscular anything looks though. Using the eyeball icon and getting a message that says "this thing looks kind of weak" or "this thing looks kind of strong" or "I have no idea how strong this thing is" might make sense. Only as vaguely as that though. That way, only differences of something like 10+ physique from you might give you an idea of how strong they are. It would also not give you any idea of what their coordination is which would be a totally separate topic.

Another possibility would be to get a rough idea of the a/d level difference of two things that are fighting by clicking on one of them with the eyeball icon. Only a difference of 10+ of the one things attack level vs the other things defense level. That would mean that if you see someone fighting something, you might get a message saying"the skunk has little chance to attack or defend itself against ticklemonster" or "the armed skeleton seems to hit ticklemonster alot more than ticklemonster can hit it". I think you get the idea. Just things you can observe and nothing else.

Edited by nathanstenzel