Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Desert Pines ND Arenas Showdown

- The Desert Pines ND Arenas Showdown -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Desert Pines up to 40 a/d No-Drops Arena.

--- AND ---

A PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Desert Pines up to 60 a/d No-Drops Arena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Showdown tournaments are tests of close quarters combat, including magic.

The Desert Pines Arenas have a limit on the maximum a/d you can be to attack in them.

• In one arena, if your combined attack and defense are over 80, you cant attack. (a "40 a/d arena")
  • In the other arena, if your combined attack and defense are over 120, you cant attack. (a "60 a/d arena")

Both arenas are "No-Drop", meaning you don't lose anything when you die, so rostogol stones are not required.

When:

40 a/d arena tournament:

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 20:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

60 a/d arena tournament:

Saturday, April 11, 2009 at 21:30:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

(1.5 hours after 40 a/d tournament)

Rules:

1. You must be able to attack in the given arena.

Your ability to attack will be checked before each fight by you attacking a designated referee, both of you barefist, and immediately fleeing.

2. Attack and Defense Potions, and Attack and Defense Reduction Potions, are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight.

3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.

Medallion of Life.

BRoD and BoD.

Normal Branch and Bone.

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).

The Bronze Sword.

Dragon Armors.

Ranging equipment (bows/crossbows/quivers).

Mines/Caltrops

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium and Bronze armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

4. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

5. Disengagement rings ARE allowed.

If you diss/flee and stay in the arena the fight can continue, if you diss/flee and walk out of the arena, even just for a second, you forfeit the battle.

You can disengage/flee from combat up to 3 times. If you diss/flee a 4th time you forfeit the battle.

6. All fights are 1-on-1, and one at a time.

Your friends/guildmates are not allowed to remote heal you or cast any offensive spells on your opponent.

Await instruction from myself (Korrode) before entering the arena, and before starting combat.

7. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

8. Laying Mines during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines, Caltrops, Wards, etc.

9. Ranging is NOT allowed.

If a bow, crossbow or quiver is equipped, at any point, you will instantly lose the fight. Repeatedly breaking this rule (or any rule) will get you disqualified and banned from all future events i run.

(This includes using a quiver in conjunction with a melee weapon.)

The Tournament Layout:

Key example: R1F1-L = Round1_Fight1-Loser - The loser of Fight 1, Round 1.

Round 1:

fight 1: player1 vs player2

fight 2: player3 vs player4

fight 3: player5 vs player6

fight 4: player7 vs player8

Round 2:

fight 1: R1F1-L vs R1F2-L

fight 2: R1F3-L vs R1F4-L

Round 3:

fight 1: R1F1-W vs R1F2-W

fight 2: R1F3-W vs R1F4-W

Round 4:

fight 1: R2F1-W vs R3F2-L

fight 2: R2F2-W vs R3F1-L

Round 5 (* need to see at the time who has fought who *)

(if the opponents (column 2) can be swapped so everyone is fighting someone new, i will do so, if not, no change... you may end up fighting someone you've already fought.)

fight 1: R3F1-W vs *R4F2-W

fight 2: R3F2-W vs *R4F1-W

Final

R5F1-W vs R5F2-W

Radu (aka Entropy) has provided the following prizes!:

2x Full Steel Armor sets (1x for 1st place of each tournament)

2x Eagle Wings (1x for 2nd place of each tournament)

4x Titanium Serpent Swords (1x for 3rd places of each tournament)

Donations to the prize pool are welcome and appreciated :)

Signing up, and conclusion:

Please reply here if you would like to compete.

The first 8 people to apply (per tournament) will get the spots, anyone after that will be a backup in case someone doesn't show up on the day.

If you don't have a forum account, contact me in-game.

It is possible for a competitor to fight up to 5 times. Bring everything you need for that many fights.

If you don't have enough space in your inventory for everything you want, I will allow people to make storage runs, but i'd much prefer if you ask a guildmate or friend to come and watch and hold some items for you.

If you are going to goto storage please be quick about it.

Moderators may be available for 'zapping' on the day.

Everyone will fight at least twice. So it's possible for you to die twice... you cant possibly die more than twice, because the way it's structured if you die twice you're out of the tournament.

Remember: You can diss and walk out of the arena to end the fight... but also remember the arenas are No-Drops, so not much to worry about.

Spectators are welcome, but please do not sit on the side of the arena that has the entry.

Everyone Note; I will be asking for assistance from the game moderators to help deal with anyone who tries to cause trouble.

Signed up competitors:

Up to 40 a/d Tournament:

SirOrick

Yethq

ShaGraTh

ninjalotus

Error

jnd

MrFrodo

Peeves

Up to 60 a/d Tournament:

Tigerclaw

Tokie

Wynn

Maitreya

Bones

madz

Lidda

drty

Backup competitors:

Up to 40 a/d Tournament:

birdie

Up to 60 a/d Tournament:

Martin1st

To the backups and anyone else who wants to fight in Desert Pines arenas;

Come suited up for PK and put the arena to further use after the event :icon13:

PLEASE ensure you have read and understood this entire post BEFORE SIGNING UP!.

Edited by Korrode

I'm low 40's A/D... so why not.

...thats like 4:pm my time iirc...put Tokie down.

C U all there :icon13:

Tokie

For clarification, are attack/defense reduction potions allowed?

Good point ^^ thx for reminding me about those pots Kav.

As a persons a/d rises by the minute; no.

What i do not want to see (and this is also why normal att and def pots not allowed) is personA diss off personB to try and buy some time for SRS cooldown (or w/e) and have personB not be able to re-engage personA... for what could potentially be minutes on end... ppl just standing there in the arena for any decent period of time, during the battle, is not a desired situation.

I just want to confirm here, as people are saying "60's" and "40's", that everyone knows you cant be over a+d=120 (like 60/60 a/d, 55/65 a/d, etc.) and a+d=80 (like 40/40 a/d, 45/35 a/d, etc.) to attack in these arenas?

Please sign me up for 40s and under tournament. Thanks.

I am a/d 36/37 and look forward to the games.

Yethq

Edited by yethq

KoDdy will join for the 40s and lower fight

are allowed dragon armors?

Please read the first post before asking questions.

PLEASE ensure you have read and understood this entire post BEFORE SIGNING UP!.

are allowed dragon armors?

This question is answered in the first post, so is the question you PM'd me in-game.

Please read it through carefully.

EDIT: ah, didn't see page 2, ty Shuj :confused:

Edited by Korrode

hi all, can you sign me up for 40 a/d contest please?

thanks

and just reading back why is dblade and scythe aloud? they both have special features dblade:mana burn scythe: bod.

hi all, can you sign me up for 40 a/d contest please?

Sure, your ingame name is birdie?

and just reading back why is dblade and scythe aloud? they both have special features dblade:mana burn scythe: bod.

The Scythe is allowed because it only has a 1% chance of 150 dmg effect. EDIT: and ofc, it's effect can be negated by another in-game item

The DBlade is allowed because it only has a 2% chance of the Mana Burn effect.

I've seen both these weapons in action in PK (I've even seen the DBlade used before in context, in the numerous PK tournament events i've run previously) and they haven't proven to provide an extreme benefit.

The equipment restriction ruleset i use for these kind of events is based on my own personal idea of balanced PK (they are my events after all :wub: ), and although i think that strategy and tactics should count more than they do in todays EL competitive PK, that doesn't mean i think equipment should account for nothing.

If i see either of these weapons offering a devastating edge in combat, their allowance will be re-considered for future events, but i dont believe they will offer such an edge, so for now they stay.

tbh, you should probably be more worried about someone with big coord/reas slamming u with a Halberd than about the Scythe or DBlade :blush:

Edited by Korrode

yep my ingame name is birdie :wub:

hmmm im doing certain things myself to slam people :blush: nothing that crosses the rules though :)

say some1 hits me with a scythe and it provides that 150 damage and i die from it does this meen im out of the competition?