Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LIGHTspeed

EMU Efficiency Checker

Hey all.

For some extra Algebra practice, I wrote this little EMU Efficiency Checker, which shows you how many trips you could be saving by getting 20(or whatever) more EMU. :D

It's rather worthless, but hey, maybe it'll help someone decide if they should spend those two extra PP on random nexus or getting ONLY 20 more EMU.(Worthless, right?)

EMUEfficiencyChecker.png

I found out on a LARGE Iron job, I could save 10 hours of carry time by getting 20 more EMU. o.O

(Somebody has too much free time on my hands. Lol)

Here's the program: http://www.badongo.com/file/8112462

P.s. Roja, I hope you don't mind me using the EL Icon for it. It's not the actual program Icon, just the little picture on the form. :)

Another Edit: You'll need .NET 2.0 or later

Edited by LIGHTspeed

This would take all of about 5 minutes to code in PHP and wouldn't require running anything apart from your web browser.

I got this: http://www.badongo.com/fd/0037384304541291...794659683/0/ifr Am I doing something wrong? :S

Oops, sorry... Fixed now.

Labrat: Probably true, but A) I don't know PHP, and B ) I mainly did it to see if I could... If anybody else can actually use it, that's just a bonus. Hehe

Edited by LIGHTspeed

What is it? BASIC?

Edit: Bad luck mate :/ exceeded your download quota.

Really? It works for me. o.O

(And yeah, VB.NET... The only language I can understand well. :))

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Problem on my end. THIS ADDRESS HAS DOWNLOADED A TOTAL OF 909MB IN THE LAST HOUR ALREADY....The hell? Probably someone else in my family, drat...

I only know a little BASIC... I wish I could afford it on my home computer to make kewl works like this :) (really).

Aphistolas, if you can do a little BASIC then try either SharpDevelop or Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express

SharpDevelop is better, in my opinion(It's smaller and does C# too), but both are free. :D

Going from BASIC to Visual Basic is very easy. The general syntax and most commands are the same.

Edit: Or, if you want BASIC, there's always FreeBasic. :)

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Aphistolas, if you can do a little BASIC then try either SharpDevelop or Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express

SharpDevelop is better, in my opinion(It's smaller and does C# too), but both are free. :)

Going from BASIC to Visual Basic is very easy. The general syntax and most commands are the same.

Thanks :) There are two runaway-firsts in my computing science class, I am the second one. We only just started programming however, but it's certainly very interesting! My teacher refuses to tell me any C or C++ though :brooding:

Looks to be a few intro videos...hopefully I can get into it. Thanks very much for the links! :D

PS: Wow, that download thing is going up. Now it says I've downloaded almost 1GB in the past hour.

Edit: Had a peek at that website...not sure how to download it though :/ I thought programmes needed BOTH source code & binary...yet they seem to be seperate downloads.

Edited by Aphistolas

rl interrupted my coding.

http://labby.co.uk/emucalc/index.php

The page and the source are in the same page so you can see what it is and how it works.

BASIC, C and PHP are very similar and easy to transcode between each other.

Really?

Cool, maybe I can do PHP then.

Edit: Nice, LabRat... Works better than mine.

Edited by LIGHTspeed

The page and the source are in the same page so you can see what it is and how it works.

wth!? I can write the same thing in LISP in 7 lines (but it takes 95 seconds to run).

scaf

Thanks :) There are two runaway-firsts in my computing science class, I am the second one. We only just started programming however, but it's certainly very interesting! My teacher refuses to tell me any C or C++ though :rolleyes:

He prolly doesn't know any

wth!? I can write the same thing in LISP in 7 lines (but it takes 95 seconds to run).

scaf

Of that I have no doubt, but I purposefully wrote it as verbosely as I could so he could grasp the algorithm and the methodology so he could translate it himself.

If it was not for a web page it would have been simply a case of a few gets and puts, which would have stripped the code down to no more than a few lines or so.

Code in C:

void main(void)
{
int cemu = 80, demu = 80, quantity = 10, weight = 1;
printf("Current EMU, Desired EMU, Quantity, Weight? ");
scanf("%d %d %d %d", &cemu, &demu, &quantity, &weight);
printf("Trips with current EMU[%.3f] Trips with desired EMU [%.3f]\nPress any key to exit", (float)((quantity*weight)/cemu), (float)((quantity*weight)/demu));
getch();
}