Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Naralik Arena Showdown 3

- The Naralik Arena Showdown 3 -

The 3nd PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Naralik Arena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that my attention in regard to running PK tournaments at level limited arenas will probably be focused on the new arenas coming in the next update, i thought i'd do Naralik again now.

50's - 70's a/d'ers, this may be your last chance for a long time to compete in the prestigious Naralik Showdown and prove your attribute selection and PK skill!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naralik Arena has a limit on the maximum a/d you can be to attack there.

If your combined attack and defense are over 120, you cant attack. (a "60 a/d arena")

The failing effect of True Sight potions can lower your attack and defense down 19 levels, so a person who is a/d 79/79 can compete in this tournament.

Please do not PM me asking how to -19 TS. If you don't know, ask some fighters in-game.

When:

Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 22:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

Rules:

1. You must be able to attack in Naralik Arena. TS potion failing IS allowed.

Your ability to attack will be checked before each fight by you attacking myself (Korrode), both of us barefist, and immediately fleeing.

2. Attack and Defense Potions are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight, so no going to positive food after combat has begun either.

(If you suspect the person your fighting has raised their a/d after the attack test, you can screenshot the exp you get off them and send it to me along with a sceenshot of your stats and your god status. Based on that i can determine their a/d at the time of screenie, if i determine they've cheated, they'll be disqualified and banned from any future events.)

3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/thermal sword.

Medallion of Life

BRoD and BoD

Normal Branch and Bone

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia)

The Bronze Sword

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium or Dragon Plate armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

4. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

5. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

(Summons wont attack in that arena anyway).

6. Disengagement rings ARE allowed.

If you diss/flee and stay in the arena the fight can continue, if you diss/flee and walk out of the arena, even just for a second, you forfeit the battle.

7. All fights are 1-on-1, and one at a time.

Your friends/guildmates are not allowed to remote heal you or cast any offensive spells on your opponent.

Await instruction from myself (Korrode) before entering the arena, and before starting combat.

The Tournament Layout:

Key example: R1F1-L = Round1_Fight1-Loser - The loser of Fight 1, Round 1.

Round 1:

fight 1: player1 vs player2

fight 2: player3 vs player4

fight 3: player5 vs player6

fight 4: player7 vs player8

Round 2:

fight 1: R1F1-L vs R1F2-L

fight 2: R1F3-L vs R1F4-L

Round 3:

fight 1: R1F1-W vs R1F2-W

fight 2: R1F3-W vs R1F4-W

Round 4:

fight 1: R2F1-W vs R3F2-L

fight 2: R2F2-W vs R3F1-L

Round 5 (* need to see at the time who has fought who *)

(if the opponents (column 2) can be swapped so everyone is fighting someone new, i will do so, if not, no change... you may end up fighting someone you've already fought.)

fight 1: R3F1-W vs *R4F2-W

fight 2: R3F2-W vs *R4F1-W

Final

R5F1-W vs R5F2-W

The winner gets 10kgc and the glory

Donations to the prize pool are welcome and appreciated :)

A massive thank you to Groomsh and Guild BanE, who donated the following to the prize pool:

5 Hydrogenium Bars

1 Rostogol Stone

Another huge thanks goes to Ermabwed of Guild GWaR, who donated the following to the prize pool:

1 Crown of Life

Further thanks to Entity, who donated the following to the prize pool:

10kgc

1 Enriched Fire Essence

Thanks go out to EL's sexiest bot; FlameKeeper from Guild KTF, who donated the following to the prize pool:

100 Tiger Summoning Stones

100 Bear Summoning Stones

Very big thanks goes out to aTeh of Guild TinT, who donated the following to the prize pool:

1 Steel Cuisses

1 Modable Steel Long

1 Enriched Fire Essence

More thanks and appreciation goes to previous tournament winner; Saint, who donated the following to the prize pool:

30kgc

Much thanks goto a person who as always contributed and helped me with these tournaments; Maxine from Guild TECH, who donated the following to the prize pool:

50 Extra Mana Potions

400 Spirit Restoration Potions

100 a/d Indicators

20 Evasion Potions

10 Accuracy Potions

20 Coordination Potions

A scarf of choice for all participants (black, red or pirate)

Signing up, and conclusion:

Please reply here if you would like to compete.

The first 8 people to apply will get the spots, anyone after that will be a backup incase someone doesn't show up on the day.

If you don't have a forum account, contact me in-game.

It is possible for a competitor to fight up to 5 times. Bring everything you need for that many fights.

If you don't have enough space in your inventory for everything you want, I will allow people to make storage runs, but i'd much prefer if you ask a guildmate or friend to come and watch and hold some items for you.

If you are going to goto storage please be quick about it, best if your ring/portal room in and out, rather than walking to Morcraven storage.

Everyone will fight at least twice. So it's possible for you to die twice... you cant possibly die more than twice, because the way it's structured if you die twice your out of the tournament.

Giving back the contents of deathbags will be up to the battle victor, so if your wearing expensive armors i suggest 2 rostos.

Remember: You can diss and walk out of the arena to end the fight.

Spectators are welcome.

Everyone Note; I will be asking for assistance from the game moderators to help deal with anyone who tries to cause trouble.

Signed up competitors:

PepperSpray

Peach

LeoI

2coolfool

Macca

Elwood

Paul Brown

BigkaV

Backup competitors / Next tournament:

(If 10 backups sign up, there will be another tournament 2 weeks after this one)

SwordOfFlame

LaVallet

SouL

Bebron2

Samy_Navilian

Valcaz

Fedora

Also, to the backups and anyone else who wants to fight in Naralik arena;

Come suited up for PK and put the arena to further use after the event :)

Edited by Korrode

Last one I was too low a/d to join in.

Now I am too high a/d to join.

Go figure hehe. :icon13:

Ill be there to watch and enjoy though.

Good luck :pickaxe:

Go figure hehe. :icon13:

you can't even ts-19?

Go figure hehe. :)

you can't even ts-19?

hehe good point lol. :):icon13:

damn another saturday one >_> never on during saturdays xD but GL with contest lol

edit:oh wait i can't attack there anymore :P lol o well :/ still, GL with the contest xD i hope some one records it again :blink:

edit 2: im so stupid..i forgot about ts pots...is there a reserve list i can be on? There's a low chance I'll be home on saturdays xD

Edited by swordofflame

Ok we have 8 competitors, but dont hesitate to post to be a backup because at the last 2 competitions, iirc, at least 2 people didn't show up each time.

Ok you are right Pepper, i thought i only guaranteed spots to backups for the following event in the first tournament, but i did for the second as well.

If many more than 8 people apply, i will hold another Naralik Showdown very soon and those people will be have first preference for that event.

PepperSpray added to the list, sorry BigKav but i stick to my promises... but you are the first backup so there's a very good chance you'll get to fight.

The other backups from the last event are Jammie and Bones, but Bones has a new owner now so i am not honouring that (the new owner is welcome to sign up now as a backup, and may still get to fight). Jammie is guaranteed a spot if he contacts me before Tuesday next week, so Paul B, it is possible you will be moved off the line up.

EDIT: And how about this, if i get 10 or more backups we'll have another Naralik Showdown on the weekend of the 9th/10th of February, of which the first 8 backups will be instantly signed up for.

I don't quite know what i'd do about prizes for that one though...

Edited by Korrode

EDIT: And how about this, if i get 10 or more backups we'll have another Naralik Showdown on the weekend of the 9th/10th of February, of which the first 8 backups will be instantly signed up for.

I don't quite know what i'd do about prizes for that one though...

If you do hold another contest I will gladly donate 10Kgc for the winner. :happy:

Please keep me informed Korrode and if we do have a second contest on the 9/10 of February I will give you the coin for the prize. :icon13:

sign me up :D ingame name SouL :happy: im the old shadow_of_death, was at the 1st contest aswell :icon13:

haha, it'll be kick ass contest with my pr0 10/32 p/c ;D but just neg up :)

Edited by Peach

PepperSpray

Fedora

Peach

LeoI

2coolfool

Macca

Elwood

Paul Brown

this the order everyone is fighting or does that still have to be decided?

Im am posting for Bebron2, he would like to compete, so sign him up as well :)