Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Starting Fight Club

Just a few idea's:

1 You should hold this event on a guild map, which should hav a guard bot, so as to keep out unwelcome visitors(I'm sure there are some guilds who would allow you to use their maps).

2 Make it a rule that you may use no items that require over 4 human nexus (so as to keep PK'ing cheap, with no need for a rosto), let the winner(s) of each fight keep the drops.

3 Let every1 who enters pay 500gc at the entrance (in order to pay for prizes).

4 Dont just limit it to normal 1vs1 fights, set up some random teams to fight each other, and also maybe let a group of weaker fighters gang a strong fighter. (another thing, do not set up predefined teams, as there us always some asshole that doesnt show up).

5 Hold this once a week (on the weekend), find some time that fits the most time-limits.

6 Ban diss rings, let people flee normally if they care more about their PK points than having fun.

7 You should have a few people on the management of such a project, 1 person cannot reliably do everything.

Good luck with this, and count me in as a member. :laugh:

LGC would be happy to host this on our guild map. We have a nice gaurd bot, and a nice big arena which has areas for both Single combat and an area with multi combat. Our map is in SRM, would be nice for a place to go on C2.

:bow_arrow: good ideas ST. and thanx to Jumpy and LGC for offering there map..

contests could be anything, the only limit is people imagination and players williness .

A boxing contest/tournemant could be organised:

no col, armour,weapons, no magic, no healing . just two people boxing till one falls

or a bar room brawl ( if Thelinor bar is multi) same rules as above.. last man/team standing wins

note: and yeah any organised contest etc . im all for it so count me in

:devlish:

Rosto's will have to be a must. Even if people agree to not have them, they will use them. You may as well allow any armor use such as that.

Team fighting sounds good but with every new week, teams should be mixed up. Maybe even have guildee's vs guildee's. :bow_arrow: (That is if it wouldnt cause trouble between them)

Absolutely NO CRYBABIES. First time someone pm's me with (WTF you kill me? i just innocent bystander? im weaker than j00!) ima go off.

Radu had a great idea last nite i think also for a different kind of competition. Set 10 people ingame pkable and let them fight it out with the rest of EL :laugh: Now that would be fun.

Anyone intrested in Joining fight club, pm me in game, I will get you instructions to map, and whitelist you for gaurd bot. Bring some friends, it could be a bit of fun

that was what i was thinking, so you like the idea? and what is your ingame name?

hehe. PaulB of course lol. Proud warrior for eGow. :icon13:

*EDIT* The reason for the no rostogol rule is simple. Why waste 16Kgc when the 2 fighters will agree beforehand weather or not DBs will be returned. Seeing as this is a "contest" in the forums then would they not have to abide by the rules set forth? And if they broke the rules then they would be outlaws wouldn't they?

P.S. Obviously they wouldn't allow people like tiny_tim to play. :)

Edited by Paul Brown

that was what i was thinking, so you like the idea? and what is your ingame name?

hehe. PaulB of course lol. Proud warrior for eGow. :icon13:

*EDIT* The reason for the no rostogol rule is simple. Why waste 16Kgc when the 2 fighters will agree beforehand weather or not DBs will be returned. Seeing as this is a "contest" in the forums then would they not have to abide by the rules set forth? And if they broke the rules then they would be outlaws wouldn't they?

P.S. Obviously they wouldn't allow people like tiny_tim to play. :)

There's no way in hell id risk someone scamming me for my armor/weapons etc.....

I just dont trust people that much

That would be a problem, people are difficult to organize. If two people agree to return DB, and one gets killed. Someone might kill the other and there is no way to stop them. Then people get pissy. If every one has a rostogol, then everyone will be happy (including entropy)

Absolutely NO CRYBABIES. First time someone pm's me with (WTF you kill me? i just innocent bystander? im weaker than j00!) ima go off.

Radu had a great idea last nite i think also for a different kind of competition. Set 10 people ingame pkable and let them fight it out with the rest of EL :icon13: Now that would be fun.

:) Yeah there is no need to moan if you are killed..by the very nature of the game there are stronger chars than our own, so yes we all die...

Radu's idea = sounds cool. would be a hell of a lot of fun ( NDD or Radu supplying the rost's for the 10 springs to mind though)

and the no rosto rule would work in organised contests if db were returned or armour was limited.. but and a big BUT if fights are held on normal pk maps not everyone will sign up to play by the rules and there will always be the chance to get jumped . so carrying a rost is safe option

ebit: A guild map for "fight club" fights is a must.. stops outside interferance, and a league table would be good of 2 or 3 divisions based on a/d level.. doesnt mean div1 person cant fight div2 players.. but would get less points if they won or div2 players would get nice points if they beat div1 char .sure we could all chip in for a few nice prizes for the div champs

Edited by conavar

Radu had a great idea last nite i think also for a different kind of competition. Set 10 people ingame pkable and let them fight it out with the rest of EL :icon13: Now that would be fun.

:) Yeah there is no need to moan if you are killed..by the very nature of the game there are stronger chars than our own, so yes we all die...

Radu's idea = sounds cool. would be a hell of a lot of fun ( NDD or Radu supplying the rost's for the 10 springs to mind though)

and the no rosto rule would work in organised contests if db were returned or armour was limited.. but and a big BUT if fights are held on normal pk maps not everyone will sign up to play by the rules and there will always be the chance to get jumped . so carrying a rost is safe option

Ok I am convinced. I agree. Loose a no rosto rule. Leave it to peronal option. :blush:

If this is to be regulated combat in a gladiatorial style, why not provide arms, armour, essences and extras. That way no rostos needed and nobody worries about drops or breaks.

It would be a bit more expensive, but with a small entry fee the costs could be recouped and it would make the riff-raff a bit more reluctant.

If this is to be regulated combat in a gladiatorial style, why not provide arms, armour, essences and extras. That way no rostos needed and nobody worries about drops or breaks.

It would be a bit more expensive, but with a small entry fee the costs could be recouped and it would make the riff-raff a bit more reluctant.

The gaurd bot will keep out the rift-raft

i like the idea of the no rosto rule aslong as every1 is using armor/weps to a max of 4 human nexus as this would also allow for more tatical fights. but if peaple realy want to us a rost for 6ks worth of armor let them it's there loss.

keep magic there but maybe lose summon stones and summons over a certain lvl

the 5 lvl difference would be nice aswell and let some ppl who havnt tasted pk to it's full potental have a chance aswell.

and jumpy i think the LGC map will fit nice for this :huh:

Just a few idea's:

1 You should hold this event on a guild map, which should hav a guard bot, so as to keep out unwelcome visitors(I'm sure there are some guilds who would allow you to use their maps).

2 Make it a rule that you may use no items that require over 4 human nexus (so as to keep PK'ing cheap, with no need for a rosto), let the winner(s) of each fight keep the drops.

3 Let every1 who enters pay 500gc at the entrance (in order to pay for prizes).

4 Dont just limit it to normal 1vs1 fights, set up some random teams to fight each other, and also maybe let a group of weaker fighters gang a strong fighter. (another thing, do not set up predefined teams, as there us always some asshole that doesnt show up).

5 Hold this once a week (on the weekend), find some time that fits the most time-limits.

6 Ban diss rings, let people flee normally if they care more about their PK points than having fun.

7 You should have a few people on the management of such a project, 1 person cannot reliably do everything.

Good luck with this, and count me in as a member. :medieval:

all of thies ideas are great and most of them will be implemented, and yes rostos will be alowed

Edited by Orick

Fight Club has begun

PM me on forum or in game for all the details. As this is not an offical EL event, I refrain from posting on offical forums. We have a few members all ready, but we need more. pm me or SirOrick for more details.