Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ghengas

Eternal Gladiators

lets see...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. should i call off the contest due to lack of interest?

• yes, it was a flop, 1v1 contests are better
    • no, my team will sign up once we have the 30k entry fee ready
    • no, give it some more time, i want to watch it
    • o'doyle rules! (dont care [about the contest])
  2. 2. should i attempt a more standard 1v1 contest with different classes for different a/d?

• yes, i would enter that contest
    • yes, but i wouldnt enter
    • no, screw your contests

Come one, come all! the time has come for the first ever Eternal Gladiators pk tournement! Teams of three will compete for honour, glory, and CASH! heres how it works:

Each guild entering is to nominate any 3-7 players of their choice for the contest, as long as all players are in the guild. Each entering team must pay 30kgc entry fee. All of the money collected by entering teams goes into a pot. The winning team will recieve 6/8 of the pot, unless more than 5 guild enter, in which case the winning team will recieve 5/8 of the pot, and the runner-up will recieve 1/8 of the pot. The remaining money will be distrubuted evenly between the contest organizers (me and pookies) and any mod that helps in any way (announcing the contest, modding the contest, etc etc) Winning team takes the WHOLE pot.. this change was made due to popular demand.

team size

each team is made up of 100 'credits'. Every player is given a credit value based on their attack level so the size of your team is determined by the level of your fighters:

ranks 1-25 for attack are worth 33.3 credits (1/3 of 100)

ranks 26-100 for attack are worth 20 credits (1/5 of 100)

ranks 101 and below for attack are worth 14 credits (about 1/7 of 100)

-you may have any combination of credit values as long as the total comes to 100 or lower

RULES:

-ONE team is allowd per guild a guild can enter multiple teams.

-you MUST be in a guild to enter, we dont want the top 3 leaving their guilds and making one super team :devlish:

-all guild are eligable, as long as they have at least 3 members

-all standard pk contest rules apply, see the sticky thread

-BroD can NOT be used in the contest

Once an adequate number of teams has entered and paid the entry fee (at least 3 teams, preferably 5+), a tournement ladder will be made based on the avg attack level of each team.

it will be a standard tournement ladder:

ex: 4 teams enter, the tournement goes something like this:

round 1, battle 1: team 1 beats team 2, team 2 is disqualified and team 1 advances to round two

round 1, battle 2: team 4 beats team 3, team 3 is disqualified and team 4 advances to round two

round 2 (championship): team 1 and team 4 battle for 1st place

-if there are an odd # of teams entered, a 3-way battle MAY apply in the first round.

-team of the last man standing wins the battle

-all battles will take place in multi-combat pk areas and will be publicly announced

current teams entered:

1. CZE team: Toomass (33.3), Holar (14), joe (14), joskic (14), caesarek (14) = 89.3 PAID

2. *CO* team: luciferx (33.3), EvilGeorge (14), morabelon (14) [open spots to be announced ASAP] PAID

3. PkG team: pookies (33.3), Hades (33.3), Quimbly (33.3) = 99.9 PAID

4. \A/ team: Zamirah (33.3), Lorck (33.3), ohmygod (33.3) = 99.9 PAID

5. [NL] team: Ambrosius (33.3), Siarato (33.3), Bloodsoaked (33.3) = 99.9 PAID

to enter, post on this thread with your guild and team members, i will personally contact you ingame to collect the entry fee, dont give the money to anyone else ;o and then you will be added to the list

we need some mods to help with this (announcing and modding the battles). please post here if you can help :mace:

edit: due to the low entering rate and the possibility of people joining a different guild to get a chance at the contest, we have decided to let guilds enter multiple teams. One person can NOT be in two teams.

Edited by Ghengas

please feel free to post suggestions for changes in rules, team size, etc

heh lol 2 accnt buyers fully negged(and one top account very strong"quimbly") vs who?????? you are going to have to allow people to create a team outside their normal guild to even have a chance, otherwise i think NO ONE will even sign up, and as for the "organiser" getting a cut of the profit , thats absolutly ridiclious....and you should make a rule that if people 100a/d and lower want to participate they can have a bigger team mabye 5 or 6

Edited by pook

heh lol 2 accnt buyers fully negged(and one top account very strong"quimbly") vs who?????? you are going to have to allow people to create a team outside their normal guild to even have a chance, otherwise i think NO ONE will even sign up, and as for the "organiser" getting a cut of the profit , thats absolutly ridiclious....and you should make a rule that if people 100a/d and lower want to participate they can have a bigger team mabye 5 or 6

LOL @ Pookies ur friends r gonna be mad at you :blink:

I think:

1- pk contest must be 1vs1

2- It should have some categories example 100s ppl, 110s ppl, 120ppl, 90s ppl

3-I know many have diferent a/d lvls, def higher the attack or vice versa

4-The choosen skill to rule the category the participant will enter will be the stronger doesnt matter if it is a or d

5-prizes for category for the stronger one to the weaker one

I think if it hapen more ppl will participate cause a 40s chars agains a 140s one is kinda stupid

:blink:

First off it wasnt me that posted this, It was Mufossa my cousin who lives across the street from me :happy: so when im there i ocasionally log on under pooks, do you think i would post that? BUt anyway he posted it with out knowing he was loged oon pooks

I think:

4-The choosen skill to rule the category the participant will enter will be the stronger doesnt matter if it is a or d

I think if it hapen more ppl will participate cause a 40s chars agains a 140s one is kinda stupid

dont you get tired of having the same old contest over and over? we all know who the strongest individuals are, this contest is designed to force stragetic fighting.. a team of 7 90+ a/d people may or may not be about to take out 3 120+ a/d people. hopefully at least a few more teams will sign up so we can have a contest that consists of more than watching two top players heal themselves over and over until one of them runs out of HE =)

I think:

dont you get tired of having the same old contest over and over? we all know who the strongest individuals are, this contest is designed to force stragetic fighting.. a team of 7 90+ a/d people may or may not be about to take out 3 120+ a/d people. hopefully at least a few more teams will sign up so we can have a contest that consists of more than watching two top players heal themselves over and over until one of them runs out of HE =)

Tired of a contest per year? no

And yes, we know whos the strongest, thats why the categories, the winner of 100s, the winner of 110s, 120s, 130s...

Chose fights by combat lvls is also good idea

Thats just my opnion

maybe change rank -> credits to some sort of skill -> credits...

would seem more fair to me.

First off it wasnt me that posted this, It was Mufossa my cousin who lives across the street from me :happy: so when im there i ocasionally log on under pooks, do you think i would post that? BUt anyway he posted it with out knowing he was loged oon pooks

LOL there goes pookies LIEING ONCE AGAIN....what else is new...lol .. I DID NOT NOR DID I EVER POST UNDER HIS NAME

I think:

:P

I dont mean this in a disrespectful way BUT you are wrong......a little guild called DiE! mabye you heard of them? :P anyway they used to fight me when i was Much higher A/d then they were and they were able to win, they were VERY strategic ...they would fight me either 1v1( or 3v1 sometimes they loose sometimes they win BUT Nienora proved to be a VERY good strategist Even 1v1 against a much stronger person....so that just goes to show U R WRONG you dont need to break the contest into clases to have it fair ..summon stones/magic armour and various weapon help even out the odds

LOL there goes pookies LIEING ONCE AGAIN....what else is new...lol .. I DID NOT NOR DID I EVER POST UNDER HIS NAME

I think:

I dont mean this in a disrespectful way BUT you are wrong......a little guild called DiE! mabye you heard of them? :P anyway they used to fight me when i was Much higher A/d then they were and they were able to win, they were VERY strategic ...they would fight me either 1v1( or 3v1 sometimes they loose sometimes they win BUT Nienora proved to be a VERY good strategist Even 1v1 against a much stronger person....so that just goes to show U R WRONG you dont need to break the contest into clases to have it fair ..summon stones/magic armour and various weapon help even out the odds

Ok lets see how many guilds will join that event then

I think:

I dont mean this in a disrespectful way BUT you are wrong......a little guild called DiE! mabye you heard of them? :blink: anyway they used to fight me when i was Much higher A/d then they were and they were able to win, they were VERY strategic ...they would fight me either 1v1( or 3v1 sometimes they loose sometimes they win BUT Nienora proved to be a VERY good strategist Even 1v1 against a much stronger person....so that just goes to show U R WRONG you dont need to break the contest into clases to have it fair ..summon stones/magic armour and various weapon help even out the odds

exactly =D, i think i even remember having mufo in my kill counter back when i was in DIE! from fighting u w/ dushan/wexy/etc... good times :happy:

and exvitermini...we arent looking for a huge # of guilds to join, i would be ecsatic if we got 6 or 8 teams.... thats a 180-240k pot which isnt to shabby, even split between 3-7 people

Edited by Ghengas

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think its fine the way it is. Avg pk contests consist of 1v1. This is moreless a team effort. Its not about 1v1. Its not about being a powerhouse. But moreless how you use what you have available to you. If you lose, so be it. If you win, so be it. Only thing that really matters is. If you can ask yourself, "Did I have fun?" If you can answer yes, then in my opinion, its all worth it.

~TK

Chose fights by combat lvls is also good idea

Best suggestion on the thread.

I dont believe that the "combat level" calculation, that as far as i know originated in LNX's old iknow bot, is an accurate way of determining when monsters will stop attacking you in EL... but i do still think its a great way of measuring general combat strength. A competition that pits people of close combat levels against each other would be great, i'd enter.

EDIT:

Determining someones combat level of course means revealing their p/c, which some people dont want to do publicly, but they could just screenshot their attributes window and show it only to a chosen person, who would have to swear to never reveal peoples stats and delete the images after determining combat level. A moderator who does not PK would be the best choice of person to do this.

And i dont mean this in a disrespectful way but good for guild DiE!, really, if they could do this i credit them. But for the most part you are wrong. In 90% of battles between 5+ people outside top 100 a/d against 2 or 3 people inside the top 50, top 50'ers will win.

I also, through strategic use of equipment (often changing medallions, weapons and capes mid-combat), have taken down a few people with a/d/p/c a little higher than mine, but i've also been involved in quite a few "bunch of lower levels VS just a couple of higher levels" battles and the lower level fighters can not expect win in this scenario on any kind of regular basis, not half the time, not even a quarter of the time.

This situation is changable, and imo something should be done so that many lower level fighters will pose a couple of higher levels much more of a threat, but it would require alot of coding.

Due to this, if my guild really wanted to compete i would participate, but i will be recommending we dont.

Edited by Korrode

Ok, my 2 cents:

Imho 3 guilds have chance to win:

pkg(pook, quim, toom)

nl(ambro, sia, blood)

*co*(luci,ben, ???)- probably only if on non-multimap(otherwise they will be ganged and sliced inhalf, luci alone wont be a match vs 3 strong ppl)

About classifing actual strenght of fighters:

Im 138/146(top4 attack and top1 def ingame) however...

my actuall strenght is: i can win vs all ppl below 110a/d with ~p40c80 without big problem, i loose badly vs ~120a/d ppl that got ~100coord.

Since all ppl i listed above r WAY stronger than that, me( and many other ppl) simply dont see any point in joining that contest and loosing 10k gc( only to die in 2-3 hits?).

thx for reading (:

1] dont count PkG guild to this contest, bc its pointless

2] alow summoning, bc its in official PK contest rules, I dont think anyone'll use yeti+ summons, bc they lost more than they can win, but low lvl summons should be alowed

3] sign up CZE guild: TooMass (33.3), Holar (14), JoE (14), Joskic (14), Caesarek (14)

players can change, based on contest time

1] dont count PkG guild to this contest, bc its pointless

2] alow summoning,players can change, based on contest time

LOL you want summoning because u suck at fighting and can only win if u summon a zooo of nonstop animals. dont u know every 3 pks u lose the equivalnt of a rost anyway and enemy will prolly get away if u cant get ur friends to help u multi him before he gets a chance to tele. nvm u pk to gas ur head up and your big mouth the gc u waste is nothng i guess.

I have my team

Pookies Hades Ulubatli....

Quimbly will have a team as well... (quimbly) (?) (?)

And tooms team

#Edit - Add me to Pookies team. :)

Edited by Knuckles

posting this in a new reply to get the topic hot again, the current registered teams are:

1. CZE team: Toomass (33.3), Holar (14), joe (14), joskic (14), caesarek (14) = 89.3 PAID

2. *CO* team: luciferx (33.3), EvilGeorge (14), morabelon (14) [open spots to be announced ASAP] PAID

3. PkG team: pookies (33.3), Hades (33.3), Quimbly (33.3) = 99.9

4. \A/ team: Zamirah (33.3), Lorck (33.3), ohmygod (33.3) = 99.9 PAID

5. [NL] team: Ambrosius (33.3), Siarato (33.3), Bloodsoaked (33.3) = 99.9 PAID

PM Ghengas ingame or post here to sign up! once entry fees are paid we will schedual the contest and i'll post an itinerary. !!!!!pay your entry fee to Ghengas in game and NOONE else!!!!! anyone else who asks to collect it is a scammer =o

Edited by Ghengas

posting this in a new reply to get the topic hot again, the current registered teams are:

1. CZE team: Toomass (33.3), Holar (14), joe (14), joskic (14), caesarek (14) = 89.3

2. *CO* team: luciferx (33.3), EvilGeorge (14), [open spots to be announced ASAP]

3. PkG team: pookies (33.3), Hades (33.3), Ulubatli (20), Chronic (14) = 100.6 - i personally decided to let the .6 slide, the credit system was designed to allow this credit combination and the .6 is the result of my bad math. same goes for other teams, and it didnt hurt that chronics a/d is substantially lower than that of other entries.

4. PkG team 2: quimbly (33.3), [open spots to be announced ASAP]

5. ~LE~ team: Trojan_knight (14 credits), scorpion_king (14 credits), deadhead (14 credits), stormer (14 credits), sway (14 credits), General_kenobi (14 credits), [1 open spot to be announced ASAP] PENDING

PM Ghengas ingame or post here to sign up! once entry fees are paid we will schedual the contest and i'll post an itinerary. !!!!!pay your entry fee to Ghengas in game and NOONE else!!!!! anyone else who asks to collect it is a scammer =o

THE .6 CANNOT SLIDE, Thats the whole point, they are over the limit ....::::can u say bend the rules:::::

Edited by mufossa