Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hatwood

Honey Bomb

Just a thought- having a new item called a "honey bomb," which is a ranged weapon and made under the engineering skill (if it is developed) with honey and other ingredients. It wouldn't do any damage to the player directly, but it would make them "sticky," which would make them essentially paralyzed for a duration of time. In addition, possibly a chance to be stung by bees when the player is covered with honey for the duration of time that they're "stuck."

Nice my summon bears like that :D. It will tickle a bit when they lick the honey.

Summon killer bees will be nice. A massive attack of poisoning.

Ingredients: honey, cactus, poison plants (ivy?)

How about the honey makes them more volunerable to being hit because the attacks sort of stick to them and stuff?

hornet sting only once then die plus they hurt more then bees

i could have sworn its the bees that do the kamakazie thing...

hornets can sting more than once i found out the hard way

lol...yes that is right the hornets are the multi stinging once and bees are the kamikaze...

I find it out the hard way too...

lol...yes that is right the hornets are the multi stinging once and bees are the kamikaze...

I find it out the hard way too...

Here's the definitive answer:

It is bees that die when they sting, but not all bees- specifically "honey" bees. Bumblebees, for instance, don't die. Here's why honey bees die:

When a honey bee stings you, not only does the stinger stay with you, but the rear part of the bee's abdomen tears away and stays attached to the stinger. What's in there is the posion sac, and a pair of muscles that continue to expand and contract. That motion continues to drive the stinger deeper, and continues to inject the toxins. This is why it's wise to remove a bee's stinger immediately- usually you can scrape it off with something like a sharp stick. Just scrape in the right direction, or you'll drive it deeper.

Why do they do this? Because honey bees, unlike other bees / hornets / wasps, don't hibernate- they stay awake all winter, generating heat by eating the honey they saved up. If something attacks the hive and takes / eats all the honey, the hive will die- they'll starve / freeze to death. Therefore, they protect the hive as violently as they can. Worker bees, which are infertle females, can't reproduce, so the only way they can pass their genes down is to protect the hive and the queen. Long live the queen!

Interestingly, male honey bees, called drones, have no stinger. They only exist in life for one thing. In fact, after the breeding season is over, the female worker bees throw them out of the hive, and they starve. Harsh.

scaf

this honey bomb idea is the worst ive ever heard in this thread...

Gratz

Spoken like the true wanna-be-pker-that's-afraid-of-any-addition-weapons that you are.

Your post was the least supported comment I've ever heard in this thread.

scaf

Gratz

Spoken like the true wanna-be-pker-that's-afraid-of-any-addition-weapons that you are.

scaf

you re in your right to comment on my comment... even tough it doesnt change what ive said... its just my opinion, like it or not.

If all EL players like the idea and mods/programers decide to implement it that will be fine for me, still its a bad idea imo

Gratz

scaf

you re in your right to comment on my comment... even tough it doesnt change what ive said... its just my opinion, like it or not.

If all EL players like the idea and mods/programers decide to implement it that will be fine for me, still its a bad idea imo

Most people also want to know WHY...?

It wouldn't do any damage to the player directly, but it would make them "sticky," which would make them essentially paralyzed for a duration of time.

Most people also want to know WHY...?

in my imagination no one get stucked because of some honey... ppl may get hurted by bees, might get alergic poison from bees sting wherever you want to say... but get stucked is realy a bad idea IMO!