Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KiLLa2010

bitches~

Guest KiLLa2010

yo bitches all these haters u can all suck my dick u fucken bitches the biggest gay mofos Nick names

GaTekeeper Gate sucker

Slayton suckton

Ghoran whoreran[/u]

Nice post. I presume by putting it in the Abuse section your trying to get yourself banned?

This forum is for reporting and discussing banning people. Maybe you meant to put this into the Flames section?

Ya I think he was trying to get him self banned and ne ways on the flame section that is kinda mean O well will someone please ban him

WOOT WOOT HAHA that is funny now I get to laugh at it HAHAHAHA (I think Ent is a spammer j/k) :lol: 2000+ posts wow he must be on these forums like 2 or 3 hours a day

lol what a idiot. But Yay! Another person with a name I can't stand is off. THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THEN A NAME WITH NUMBERS!

Why is that so bad Hosan if there weren't numbers in a name names would be run out of soon

Why is that so bad Hosan if there weren't numbers in a name names would be run out of soon

Trust me you can always make up more original names.

You've got some problems if numbers bother you...

I know MANY people who hate seeing numbers in names. I mean do you go up to your friends in school and say "Hey John7824."

Yes me for example :D

Numbers are good, but not in names of characters in-game. I'm sick of all those "L337SuX0r"s or "Mimi123456"s out there, that just ruins the gameplay and has absolutely nothing to do with a fantasy world anymore.

It rather reminds me of being in a prison (I'm sure you can relate that to some movies *g*):

- Hey wat's ya name?!

- 12345 sir!

:roll:

And while I see that Ent wants EL to be as free as possible IMHO this is at least one of the things that should be restricted. But... it's for dev's to decide of course... as for me I don't ever speak to ppl who have numbers in their char-names and I don't help them, no matter how friendly they are, I don't care - I just don't feel comfortable around them, that's all.. no offense.

To their face, no, you would call them John; but in conversation with others you may refer to them as: Big John, John T, John - Brenda's brother or whatever.

I personally know 8 Johns and 14 Davids in RL. All of them have an extra bit to their name when referred to in conversation to differentiate between them. On the web there are millions of Johns, so some of them have numbers. Again in personal chat with them you would just use John, but in reference their moniker in full.

I do recall that the film originally entitled George VI had to re-titled The Madness of King George for the US market as 99% were so THICK they wanted to know what happened to the Films George I to George V !!!!!!!

Adding numbers to nicknames is just a lame excuse for lack of creativity :twisted:

It is very common in computer games to use nicknames (fantasy nicks when speaking of RPGs) which are suppose to be rather unique. Therefore in most games you're given the option to enter letters, but not numbers and so far it worked quite well everywhere else. Changing your name in RL is a serious decision, but the virtual worlds of online games give you unlimited possibilities, unless you use something very common, if not to say hyped like Darth Vader...

:roll:

:D

Not everyone is into RPG.

I post on the AMD and the nForcers boards for occasional help and advice on my MoBo and PC. I don't recall many fantasy names being used. :roll:

I use a version of my RL name.

Conversely, some people are new to RPG and aren't necessarily used to having a fantasy Alter Ego. There are a few who post here who I assume are using a variation of an RL name (milesp for example appears to be a contraction of Miles P).

It matters not what combination of letters and numbers they use to identify themselves, it only matters that you perceive them as an individual.

Atre.

It matters not what combination of letters and numbers they use to identify themselves, it only matters that you perceive them as an individual.

It does matter for me so speak for yourself instead of "how it should be/or is in general" :D

"SmallBitch708" is also a valid combo following your argument *lol*.

And the fact that ppl are new to RPG games doesn't mean they don't have to care about known "rules" to this genre. By saying "rules" I don't mean restrictions, but rather the behaviour that is common for such a playstyle. The first time you decide to drive a car you need to learn how to do it and you will eventually learn the rules as well. Besides I think you're mixing RP with RPG here...

RP = Role Playing

RPG = Role Playing Game

No one is forced to RP within an RPG (unless the owners of the game state so), but everyone is welcome to do so.

Though I'm not talking about RP, the point of my answer was targeted only at the naming system, if you're new to creating an Alter Ego, it's time to learn it. After all you ARE playing a fantasy RPG and not some beat-em-up shooter where nobody really cares how you call yourself. With time ppl will notice themselves that other players will start identifying their nickname with a certain personality (the way they behave in-game), that's a natural process. So ppl can either learn how to do things right from the start or make their own mistakes and wish they haven't named their char "PLZcopuL473Wi7hME" once they have aquired a certain status of popularity (or lvl). On the other hand there will always be ppl who'll NEVER care and play only to see the numbers rise and feel l33+. I'm not god and I certainly don't want to force anyone to behave as I like it, but IMHO EL can only benefit from the implementation of some of the simplest RP rules (like a proper naming policy).

Fact is, you will always feel better in a world where ppl RP (or at least try to from time to time), compared to one inhabited by "L33+5uX0r5".

If you have never experienced such an invironment yourself you can't really argue...

suckton....? Thats a crap insult gayton is much more creative..just thought id point out i can insult myself better :D Anyway...i think id rather see a few numbers in a name then ppl walking around with funky names ill never be able to pronounce...but thats just me

is theberserker kind of unoriginal? i just love this name and the history character it brings to mind.. the wild group of norweigians run through the woods attacking their enemies with no armor on say some bear furs or something.. lol thats great stuff

Guest theberserker

by the way the following post is brought to you by 'theberserker' not guest! 8)

is theberserker kind of unoriginal? i just love this name and the history character it brings to mind.. the wild group of norweigians run through the woods attacking their enemies with no armor on say some bear furs or something.. lol thats great stuff

Orrrrrrr Orc Berserkers.

Disallowing numbers isn't going to make people more original. All you're going to do is turn john 1234567 into fdsjklfdj;dsj or something. Also, I thought of ShadowKnight myself, but obviously I'm not the first one to think of it. Besides, there are quite a few people who just copy some name, and taking away numbers won't help. I mean, just because there can only be one Sephiroth doesn't mean people will think up something original, it just means they will call themselves Cloud or Inuyasha or Goku or something else equally as unoriginal.

ShadowKnight I have to disagree (although it's a rather pointless discussion since I know Ent disagrees with me *g* so you guys can rest assure that no one's going to take your numbered or "I.R.-BABOON" accounts away :? nor force you to change them).

First of all, some games I know impose naming policies that work quite well and manage to create at least a proper visual environment to the virtual worlds they offer. In fact the restriction of entering numbers is most common (I will bring only one example - EverQuest... with thousands of users I must add, not just 200 or 500) as well as the use of GM (GameMasters) in-game who watch out for ppl who violate the naming policies. No, you won't change the ppl, but you can at least try to give the world a better look, a touch of fantasy if you like. Taking away numbers and watching over the world does help and don't tell me you'd like to see a "ShadowKnight1" or "5h4dowKnigh7" running around in-game. Come to think of it, Ent was offended by this Entropy2 guy - ok this dude was banned for other things as well, but according to EL's naming policy at least naming his char like that was quite a valid choice...

You won't be able to use the SAME name for a character or as your Forum-nick in MOST of online services that the internet has to offer (I'd say 99% of them) - provided names are NOT case sensitive of course. With numbers you keep seeing scenes like this:

rolan4_web.jpg

So much for a world of fantasy...

And excuse me... if someone could come up with Sephiroth, don't you think he/she/it can also think up another good name? Besides restriction to rules may vary, my main concern was with numbers, you extended it with names being more or less "original". While I agree that in some cases it's a nice rule to have, I have no problems with a SonGoku running around as long as there is only one (although there are exceptions) - so what? Most of our names are already taken from somewhere (be it a book, a movie or another game). You think Entropy or Cicero are so unique? They aren't worldwide, but in EL they are (and they do sound cool btw *g*, they fit into this world or any other...).

In Ultima Online for example names are also not made unique (but you surely won't see any numbers there), there was quite a funny story where 10 or 20 chars named "Barney" were hiding around a shrine attacking anyone who came close enough (surprise! *g*) and the most interesting thing is that they actually RolePlayed and it was fun (well except for those who got killed that is *g*). If you like, you can read about it HERE.

So as you see different approaches have been made throughout the history of MMOGs, but none of them AFAIK allowed numbers. You wouldn't name your son Jonny5 IRL.... or would you?

To sum up my point is: numbers in nicknames are teh evil....

Asking ppl to use fantasy names for their chars is also not such a bad idea, it can only have a beneficial effect on the world EL is becoming, but unfortunately I doubt it will ever happen here. So Njoy your stay, dear

irbaboon.gif