Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chatterbug89

The death of Lamp Post man

firstly, no. You're wrong. You can be attacked on lampost.

And yes, you should have had a rost. You're naive to think that you were invulnerable on that post. And there IS a picture of someone fighting on the lamppost. This isn't a 3D game it's a 2.5D game.

You know that I like ya and we're good mates, but you should have known better tbh.

I only hope that the person who grabbed your stuff gives it back because you're a cool guy.

I don't get this. You spend most of the time as an afk lamp ornament. I guess the armor and sword are to make you a shinier ornament?

Now that the invasions in votd happen at random, you might want to find another place to shine.

Afaik, the game is 2D as far as the map systems are concerned. We have X and Y coords. If you were to look at your map and mark the lamp post, you would have only an x and y coord. You have no Z coords, so it truly is NOT a 3D game in that sense. So, realizing this, you are just taking up one spot on the map and like other areas, you can be attacked if something is in the block next to you. Height is irrelivant. Always has been and always will be. Its common sense that truly matters. So seeing that VotD invasions happen, and that this has been posted several times in forums and in game, I believe you showed lack of judgement with your afk pole sitting.

And yes, this topic has been discussed at another time about fighting in the TG magic school.

Search topic 1

Search topic 2

And yes, you should have had a rost. You're naive to think that you were invulnerable on that post. And there IS a picture of someone fighting on the lamppost. This isn't a 3D game it's a 2.5D game.

You know that I like ya and we're good mates, but you should have known better tbh.

I only hope that the person who grabbed your stuff gives it back because you're a cool guy.

Sorry...but...not to be rude or anything, but it is always a good idea to read the whole thread....that fact was established a while ago :blush: Also, I did get some of my stuff back..either way, i'm not complaining nor did I mean for this thread to be a complaining thread...I just made it to posibly get my stuff back and for someone to get a laugh.

It's just a game :hiya:

It is kind of funny how the last 3 posts or so talk about things already established in this thread like they wern't already...I need to dig out "Posting and You" :fire:

EDIT: It could have been worse though...I coudl have actually been hacked again. :-P ...though...that was all resolved so I guess i dident' really sacrifce anything there. :pickaxe:

Also.....i'll have to harvest another 200k lilacs to buy a new Steel long of magic ...some day... :)

EDIT3: Looking back at the thread....some of it's a little...sketchy..nevermidn about what i said in the beggining...i guess it wasn't clearly established. Also, the screnshot thing was about attack from the lamp post...since...it's a little difficult to attack a nearby animal before it moves when you can't move on the lamp post...that's all that was ment by my last post.

Edited by chatterbug89

Also.....i'll have to harvest another 200k lilacs to buy a new Steel long of magic ...some day... :)
not with today's prices :pickaxe: by the time you have the lilacs, it'll be like 1/2-1/4 as many to buy a SLoM

ttl is right. Prices have dropped so its good for you :)

Sheesh, the reason why I said it was 2.5D is that this was used to describe the original Doom (I'm sure you remember) where you're allowed to go up, down, left and right but the game was still a based on 2D maps.

Slightly off-topic; I had no idea how the lamp post worked, but I was always under the impressions ladders in the game worked much like you thought the lamp post would. I've never been able to attack a monster on the other side of a ladder: 'path too long' or something is usually the message that I would get. Other day while I was training and a guildie came into ida mines and went afk in what is usually considered "the safe spot" right next to the ladder. Every so often the monster would spawn at the foot of the ladder below him and abruptly attack. Was only an issue in that one tile, or so it seemed. If not for his healing staff being equipped I'm sure he would've eventually died. So for those of you who also go afk there make sure to move a good distance away from the ladder to not put yourself in danger.

And yah, can also say that the thing with TG arena is true. For the longest time I always assumed that the upper level was a floor all of it's own until a buddy came in while I was standing up there and attacked. Needless to say I don't go up there any more and am glad I learned that lesson the easy way verses unexpectedly.

Mag: And yes, you're right; it is a 2.5D game. :)

Edited by Zanadu

Also.....i'll have to harvest another 200k lilacs to buy a new Steel long of magic ...some day... :confused:
not with today's prices :) by the time you have the lilacs, it'll be like 1/2-1/4 as many to buy a SLoM

Ahhh..your kidding..the prices you can sell lilacs for is no longer .6gc or whatever it was when I harvested the 200k or so lilacs ....oh well...i'll have to spend 2 months harvesting 900k lilacs and then find someoen to buy them all from me like I did the 200k lilacs since i have anti-social. :)

900k lilacs! Here i come!

It's not really that so much as the fact that

1. Steel Longs of Magic are manuable

2. Nobody wants them, because its a useless sword.

Exactly what Ohmygod said. You know that there are invasions in votd. After two years you should know about the hieght attack thing. If you have a magic sword and want to go afk just to look cool, have the sense to carry a rosto. Im sorry you lost that stuff, and im sorry you got bagjumped, but in all honesty you could have avoided it by just sitting on ip if you wanted to look cool to newbies. Just my thoughts :confused:

Sorry...but...not to be rude or anything, but it is always a good idea to read the whole thread....that fact was established a while ago :) Also, I did get some of my stuff back..either way, i'm not complaining nor did I mean for this thread to be a complaining thread...I just made it to posibly get my stuff back and for someone to get a laugh.

It's just a game :)

It is kind of funny how the last 3 posts or so talk about things already established in this thread like they wern't already...I need to dig out "Posting and You" :)

EDIT: It could have been worse though...I coudl have actually been hacked again. :-P ...though...that was all resolved so I guess i dident' really sacrifce anything there. :D

Also.....i'll have to harvest another 200k lilacs to buy a new Steel long of magic ...some day... :P

EDIT3: Looking back at the thread....some of it's a little...sketchy..nevermidn about what i said in the beggining...i guess it wasn't clearly established. Also, the screnshot thing was about attack from the lamp post...since...it's a little difficult to attack a nearby animal before it moves when you can't move on the lamp post...that's all that was ment by my last post.

how much do these swords cost in game ? because its seems pointless to harvest lilacs if the swords useless

whispers:: back then the swords ((the lower ones were useless then also)) were mainly used to promote your wealth :P like back then your summon and craft levels were mainly hobby skills so having a dominating level back then just like the swords was mainly for status.

They might become more useful, if monsters are introduced that have a weakness for heat/cold/magic damage. At least there's some development in that area going on, now that imps do fire damage.

Would be nice if white tigers did cold damage and are sensitive for heat damage (since they're almost immune to melee damage currently) and normal tigers the opposite.

o.O im sorry but wtf would anyone use a magic weapon(unless they had a few of the same or they were repairable back to the magic weapon or "cleaned/de-enchanted" to a modable again) to kill something they could use a serp/cutlass/tit long what have you.

dont get me wrong would be nice to have a use for them in that way but still more of a show off thing and will be for a whilelol

Once again...yes I was stupid... :dry:

Anyways...about the swords...yes...I guess they are..and always have been useless....when they first came out....no one dared bring them out into a PK map since they most likly paid for them with real money...though..a few brought them out on pk ... :P

For the most part, they have been and always will be a pretty decoration. Though, it still is really ironic that these swords...not too long ago...use to be so expensive and now...no one wants them. Here's another thought...the Titanium Axe for example...was rediculously expensive when it first came out....to buy it was like $50 i think and peopel were buying it in game for like 100 to 200k gc. Though, that craze only lasted so long since it was made manufacturable faily soon. Now....you can buy them relativly cheap. The same thing happened with enriched essense and what not...those were like 30 or 40k gc when they first appeared.

Oh well..I can't wait to see the next item that is created just to look cool that everyone wants for like 3 months then no one can sell theres even for a couple gc's.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=27760&hl= -- I diden't know you could get up there.....i'm goign to have to figure that one out...

EDIT: By the way....having 200k lilacs gives you a God-like status :-P

Edited by chatterbug89

the most recent "fad" thing was the augmented armor, i made a few k off of them when they came out, now i cant hardly give them away, not that i would give them away, i use them alot.

Edit: i looked at the pic, what do u mean you didnt know you could get up there, hes on the lamppost you died on.

Edited by Happy_G

the most recent "fad" thing was the augmented armor, i made a few k off of them when they came out, now i cant hardly give them away, not that i would give them away, i use them alot.

Edit: i looked at the pic, what do u mean you didnt know you could get up there, hes on the lamppost you died on.

oh..ic...when he was fighting..it looked like he was on the wagon instead of the lamp post :-P

By the way, i'll take a free augmented armor if you are having trouble giving them away.... :dry:

This whole post has gotten way out of hand. Its not your private gain forum, therefore seeing that we answered your question several pages back on the fact it is possible to get killed on the lamp post, I am locking this thread.