Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Biggest contest in the history of EL starting tomorrow.

The big prize is: 1 thermal serp sword, 50 hydro bars, 5 books of special swords, full titanium plate armor except for the helm, including 2 enhanced items.

There are some other prizes in the contest as well, including another thermal serp, some titanium armor, skeleton keys, enriched essences, etc.

Ok, now that I got your attention, here is how it will be:

There are 10 hyperspace bags hidden in the game.

I will provide an intial hint, then the person who finds the bag first posts here: x and y location, the map it was in, and the content.

Then I will PM that person (in the forums) the hint for the next bag. If that person finds the next bag, he or she will get an additional hint. If that person doesn't find th bag in 24 hours, the hint will be made public here (in this very post, which I will edit).

If 48 hours after the hint is revealed to everyone the bag is not found, there will be another hint.

If 48 hours after the second hint the bag is still not found, I will take the prize for myself, and reveal the hint to the next bag to everyone, unless if it's the last two bags.

Some other details and rules:

1. The contest is open to everyone, and the bags are NOT in PK maps. However, going through a PK map might be necesary to get to the bag. Obviously, the more you know the game, the higher are the chances to understand the hints.

2. When I give a hint, that's all you will get. Posts asking for clarifications, additional details, etc. will be deleted. If you keep asking, you might be banned from the forums.

3. Some hints might not be gramatically correct. In this case, that might be a hint in a hint.

4. The hints will be given in a sequential order. That is, if by some miracle you find, say, the 5th bag before the hint for the 5th bag is announced, you will not get the next hint.

1st hint for the 1st bag:

324*subdivision of a big measurement unit, inside the cave

Additional info: a step in EL is 50 centimeters.

Yet another hint: It's actually 324.077649 (324 was pretty close, and won't really matter in the final calculation)

Hint for the second bag

Ok, the time is up (24 hours) so the hint goes to everyone:

On the path to Kialran Field

Additional hint: It's on an actual path, no metaphore involved. And it's not in VOTD!

Hint for the 3rd bag.

Hint: A serpent sword tip.

Hint for the 4th bag:

Hint: Inside the Infinity

Additional hint: Somewhere in the WS map.

Hint for the 5th bag.

Hint: The fallen tree, near the big machine.

Additional hint: It's a wordplay, sort of.

Hint for the 6th bag.

Hint: In the quicksand, near the water drops.

Hint for the 8th bag.

Hint: Searing through Bethel

Additional hint: It's not in Bethel.

(was at 97, 101, in Sedicolis, no one found it)

Hint for the 9th bag.

Hint: Inside The forge of the martyrs.

Additional hint: Is not literally a forge.

One more hint: Actually, I just noticed that this bag is in a PK area/map.. Sorry about that.

Friggin awesome!

So what time is this going to be if I am in Chicago time, I dont do well with -4 and stuff like that I dont know what that stuff means.

So are we saying around 2pm?

Edited by The_Knight

Somehow I doubt this is it but well, there was a bag at the spot I tried a key that in my twisted mind kinda made some sense:

The Meep 40,138 (IP cave), bag contained 3 nice blue books: Trassian Ring Building, Iron Helmet Construction, Book of Metallurgy.

Don't blame me, can't help it someone put a hyperbag there :P

Good question, lol. Well, Nidan's post helped a LOT, pretty sure it was the attoparsecs then, cause you used those before. So 20... only I didn't think 20 as coord, cause then a number would be missing. So 20 steps into a cave. Tried CC first (only map with an official tabmap) but no. Then somehow tried IP. Well... *the* cave, *the* meep maybe? Not sure about that one really :)

I know you mentioned that the phrasing of the hints could potentially be clues. Was inside "the cave" supposed to be a hint that it was the one on IP?

Sort of, because it's the first cave. But it was also meant to be ambigous, of course.

Good question, lol. Well, Nidan's post helped a LOT, pretty sure it was the attoparsecs then, cause you used those before. So 20... only I didn't think 20 as coord, cause then a number would be missing. So 20 steps into a cave. Tried CC first (only map with an official tabmap) but no. Then somehow tried IP. Well... *the* cave, *the* meep maybe? Not sure about that one really :)

:) How did you even find out it was the IP cave?

:) How did you even find out it was the IP cave?

Once you know that it's an offset, not an actual coordinate, it becomes trivial. There are only so many caves in the game.

Congrats to molime!

Hrrm well it seems i was well off the mark with distances, and then in which cave to look :)

Any chance of some clues that are EL-related? I didnt even know the word 'attoparsec' existed until nidan's post....... and I never heard them scientist gnomies talkin about em

Ah bugger :)

I did that in everyone C1 cave and some C2 Caves, but forgot about the IP Cave :) I was on the right track though, which is good to know. And grats to you molime :)

Ok, the time is up (24 hours) so the hint goes to everyone:

Hint: On the path to Kilran Field

Note: Molime asked me if the spelling was a typo or intentional, and I told her it was a typo.

typo meaning that the real hint is "On the path to Kilaran Field"?

Yes. Would be really evil if that was a typo for: "The bag is actually at beam" :P