Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheMadToker

All these updates are wonderfull and all, but...

When are the NPC merchants on C2 going to get some love? It's been quite a few months now, and we still desperatley need some sort of #INV command. Also, the ability to re-organize the items up for sale would be nice, so essences can be grouped together, and rings, etc.

Also, it would be nice if the NPC's Buy command was enabled so they can purchase as well as sell stuff. Our guild has had our merchant since they first appeared, and although it has worked out... it is still far from efficient. At any rate, of the things I mentioned, we would be very, very happy with just the #INV command, because not only do we have to go to c2 everytime we want to check the status, but we also have to buy each and every item we want to check the quantity of and then put it back to get the total in stock.

It's all very cumbersome. :icon13:

Anywho, just my thoughts... other then that, great work on all the new content this year guys, it's been great watching this game evolve over the years.

There are also other things that were promised ages ago that aren't fullfilled yet. I think you just have to live with it. Don't expect changes too soon on items that are in the game. Like the cooldown, in the beginning there was promised some tweaks, what do we get? Nothing! Also the normal NPCs on c2 arent here yet and how long is c2 available now?

It's like you say: They keep adding stuff, but like 20-40% of this stuff only works half and will not be fixed soon because there isn't looked at anymore.

Yeah, I suppose that's true, but I don't think I'm asking all *that* much. It would just make life a little easier for everyone who has an NPC in that marketplace.... ah well, maybe one day. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I suppose that's true, but I don't think I'm asking all *that* much. It would just make life a little easier for everyone who has an NPC in that marketplace.... ah well, maybe one day. :confused:

Ok, fine. How do you want #inv to function, and what should it do, exactly? Who should be able to access it?

Yeah, I suppose that's true, but I don't think I'm asking all *that* much. It would just make life a little easier for everyone who has an NPC in that marketplace.... ah well, maybe one day. :P

Ok, fine. How do you want #inv to function, and what should it do, exactly? Who should be able to access it?

It could be in menu of storage npcs, and accessable for everybody, it's enough that you don't need to go Idaloran to check what merchants are selling (just my opinion).

#inv <NPC Merchant name>

would list all the items that the merchant npc is selling, and their prices, just like we are able to see a common TradeBot inventory by sending them an "inv" pm

#inv <NPC Merchant name>

would list all the items that the merchant npc is selling, and their prices, just like we are able to see a common TradeBot inventory by sending them an "inv" pm

And don't forget the quantity, it's a little annoying to buy like wolf furs and see there is only 2 in the bot or something :D I had that once :P

#inv <NPC Merchant name>

Do you mean you are going to remember name of every merchant npc? :P

Ok, so should this be a private thing, which only the guild admins can see?

Or should everyone be able to see it?

Let me know which way it should be done, and once there is a consensus, it will be implemented in a week or so.

Ok, so should this be a private thing, which only the guild admins can see?

Or should everyone be able to see it?

Everybody.

It could be done like Ulrih said (maybe another command, like #guild_merchant_inv <name>), except typing command without name would list all guild merchant npcs.

Edited by ville-v

Seems good so far.

I would add that if the character using the '#inv' command is entitled to manage the merchant, then the listing should include the current cash level and rental status. This information should not be given out normally.

Seems good so far.

I would add that if the character using the '#inv' command is entitled to manage the merchant, then the listing should include the current cash level and rental status. This information should not be given out normally.

Im not going all the way to ida docks to search NPCs just to see if it has what I want for the price I want!! The inv command should be available to those that want to purchase items as stated in a previous post

Seems good so far.

Im not going all the way to ida docks to search NPCs just to see if it has what I want for the price I want!! The inv command should be available to those that want to purchase items as stated in a previous post

Maybe he meant that it is done like I and CycloonX said, but when somebody who can manage the merchant does the command, he gets extra information that is not given for others :o

I did specifically say "current cash level and rental status". :o

The initial idea was that this command would help with admin stuff, like seeing which items are running low.

The reason the NPCs were put there was to encourage people to go there every once in a while and see if some NPC has a deal.

Doing this by remote would kind of defy the purpose...

I agree with Entropy, MMORPG's are supposed to be how you got to where you did, it is the journey that matters, not the result. Just making shortcuts for everything would make everything dull. What would be the point of playing if everything is just right there for you. AND sometimes it is fun to go and find new Merchant NPCs that you never heard of before.

~Inno~ :D

Edited by Innovinril

Sorry for the necromancy but apparently I missed the responses in this topic, hell I even forgot about it and was about to make another topic about the NPC merchants today.

Yes this would be only for admin purposes, and only guild members with high enough rank to add/remove items would have access to it. Other players will have to walk to c2 to see the wares for sale. I actually use an external program to track all sales data as well as provide a link in the market channel to our inventory as I'm sure you have seen.

All I am asking for is a simple #inv decebal command that will list the items and quantities. Buying every individual item and replacing it to check stock is extremely time consuming and is the reason the link to our inventory is only updated once or twice a week. Especially with Decebal, as we usually have over 60 different items for sale at any given time. I'm willing to bet we lost more then a few customers because the item that was supposed to be in stock according to the inventory page wasn't, add to the fact that they had to hike over to c2, and well, I'm sure they wont be opening my market link again.

And I only brought this dead thread up again because I am gathering from Ents reply that it would not be much of a bother at all to implement.

So yeah, just a simple #INV Decebal command, limited to ranks 15+ that lists items/quantities. That's it. Something as simple as that will make the merchant NPCs far more efficient and useful. I think a good reason you dont see too many items on most of the merchant NPCs is because it's a hassle to keep track off.

And that's all I have to say on that.

Oh, and pretty pretty pretty please? :)