Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat

#ig

Currently guilds can set players that are being particularly annoying or spammy to #rank 4 and below so they can't use #gm.

May I suggest the same with the #ig command too, or even possibly making that #rank 6, giving some real use to one of the numerous unused ranks in a guild?

I tried searching for this but the search engine is down at the moment :D

I kind of agree with it being rank 5, but if it was made rank 6 then you can choose to allow the guildmember access to the #gm at first, if they don't misuse it make them rank 6 and they can #ig too.

Previously discussed: Interguild messenger.

Argument against seemed to be that if you don't trust people in your guild to allow them '#ig', they shouldn't be in the guild. Since this view was supported by Entropy, it is likely to be canon.

Though it makes me wonder what the purpose of guild ranks is?

Argument against seemed to be that if you don't trust people in your guild to allow them '#ig', they shouldn't be in the guild. Since this view was supported by Entropy, it is likely to be canon.
and of course the answer is... then why isn't #gm level 0?

since you have to trust them to let them in... and talking to your guild as well as another has more impact than only yours...

I brought up this because very recently we had a member discover the joy of ctrl-up arrow, and promptly spam the crap out of another guild. My only recourse was to #remove the member and issue a stern warning, and then apologise profusely to the guild concerned.

Our guild does strive to take responsible mature members but other guilds do not, they take anyone just to get their numbers up.

If the guild owners want to allow people into the guild, they should be able to control what they do once in that guild, and therefore be responsible for that guild.

The server side work for this would amount to little more than a simple one line if() statement, and the benefits to the respective guilds would be worth much more than the slight effort involved.

sounds like a good suggestion, atm there really is no point in guild ranks other than 5 and 19. The others have no use. Making it rank 6 is best idea i think, as labrat said, you can give someone rank 5 and if they prove trustworthy give them 6 so they can #ig.

People saying that they shouldnt be in guild otherwise if this is case are being abit shortsighted, you cannot get to know every single person who joins your guild that well unless they are in the guild...

Yes, rank 6 for #ig would make life a lot easier.

We had a situation months ago with a brand new person spamming threats to another guild, and no leaders we on so we couldn't boot him. We had to do so much damage control that day, explaining he was new and that we couldn't mute him. (The person was kicked as soon as a leader got on)

Wow :icon13:

I understand completely your need to sort out other things, in all honesty I thought you'd be way too busy sorting out the site transfer to even bother over here for a short while..

Any consideration at all from you considering the circumstances at the present moment is great :D

More than you'll ever know :confused:

I like this idea giving rank #6 a purpose. I haven't seen anyone in my guild (I'm not the owner) spamming on #IG lately but if the new rank #6 function was introduced, I would use it if the need arose. Congratz to the originator of the idea for making such a good suggestion!

Lu