Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

Would you still wear...

Anyone who even remotely follows football (soccer) like me, knows that there is a huge scandal with many Italian teams. The biggest team in the whole thing is Juventus, most likely the biggest person is the ex-President of Italy.

According to the news, people paid referee's to tip the favour to these teams. Quite the upset in the Italian league. These teams have a high chance of having them put down to the second or even the third tiere. Think: These teams have won cups, and tourneys and have used bribes. Of course, the team it self are not the culprits but rather people like owners and certian fans.

Also, in accordance to the title. One of my friends, who root's for Juventus and has a shirt of the team. Does not wear it anymore.

One of my friends, who root's for Juventus and has a shirt of the team. Does not wear it anymore.

True fans don't do that...

So, you would still root for a team you found had cheated for a long while. That were disgraced and rightfully so. That the team you said was so good, was only so because of favourtism. I, would be ashamed to wear their jersey. If my favourite team, the one I loved the most (TML) were to have cheated. I would not honour them by wearing their jersey. Would you?

So, you would still root for a team you found had cheated for a long while. That were disgraced and rightfully so. That the team you said was so good, was only so because of favourtism. I, would be ashamed to wear their jersey. If my favourite team, the one I loved the most (TML) were to have cheated. I would not honour them by wearing their jersey. Would you?

Sure i would, after all, it's the people who run the club that have done such things - and they are replacable (spelling?)...

I support my fav team no matter what shit the people ruling it do. Not players fault. Even when they play like sissies, acting like f.king stars this is still MY team.

Apparently, the whole board of directors resigned from the club (second hand reports). I wonder if the mafia have something to do with this :wub::angry:

One of my friends, who root's for Juventus and has a shirt of the team. Does not wear it anymore.

True fans don't do that...

He's right. In fact, if it happened to me I would wear my shirt even more.

who cares about football anyways, they all cheat

He's right too. Mostly by just diving.

i wouldnt root for them... they obviously arent a good team if they have to cheat to win

You're wrong. Despite the claims that they cheated, the players they had and the football they played were amoungs the best in Europe and got them to the finals of the champions league.

Edited by MagpieLee

I wouldn't be seen dead in a Juventus t-shirt, my Eternal Lands t-shirt is far sxxier :D

Like you in KF? :icon13:

And I probably wouldn't still wear the shirt.

They do Serie B shirts? ;)

Well, from a scandal like this you can at least manage to know who supports Juventus for the team and who does it because they are a winning team.

The first group would (and should, imho) wear it, the second... well can we call them real supporters? :P

Quite from the beeb

Italian trio relegated to Serie B

AC Milan, Fiorentina, Juventus and Lazio were implicated

Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will lose 15 points and will be kicked out of the Champions League.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two titles and had 30 points deducted, meaning that they are almost certain to stay down for two seasons.

Lazio were penalised seven points while Fiorentina suffered a 12-point penalty.

The decision also means Juventus, AC Milan and Fiorentina are out of the Champions League and Lazio the Uefa Cup.

The clubs have three days to appeal to the Federal Court.

But they may find they will run out of time to rescue their European places regardless of the outcome of any appeal because the deadline for entry is only 11 days away.

The FIGC (Italian football's governing body) must hand its European counterpart Uefa the lists of teams that will be involved in its competitions by 25 July.

606 VIEW

The biggest transfer market in history has just opened its doors

NDS

606: Have your say

Inter, Roma, Chievo and Palermo, who finished third, fifth and seventh and eighth are in line to take the places of the penalised clubs in next season's Champions League.

Lecce, Messina, and Treviso will avoid relegation to Serie B and keep their places in the top flight as a result of the verdict.

Those directly involved with the scandal were also penalised, with former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi suspended from all football for five years and Adriano Galliani, who was AC Milan vice-president, suspended for one year.

The tribunal in Rome investigated charges that the clubs, their management, football officials and referees tried to influence the outcome of matches by interfering with the appointment of officials.

In May, transcripts were published of telephone conversations between Moggi and Italian Football Association officials, discussing refereeing appointments in the 2004-05 season.

FIGC prosecutor Stefano Palazzi also charged 26 individuals for sporting fraud and violating fairness and probity.

All four clubs implicated denied the accusations.

Thirteen of Italy's World Cup-winning squad play for the clubs involved, with five at Juventus, who also number Patrick Vieira, Lilian Thuram, David Trezeguet, Pavel Nedved and Zlatan Ibrahimovic in their ranks.

Many of them are expected to seek transfers to other leading clubs in Italy or Europe to limit the damage to their careers.

omg!! i knew about this, and how it might happen but i didnt think it would! of course you should wear their shirt proud after they supposedly cheated, stick up for your club, i wouldnt have great exp of this happening to my fav team though, Leeds wouldnt never do such a thing :icon13:

NO THEY DON'T!!!!....well actually...maybe sometime....come to think of it....yeah you're right they do always cheat :)

Del Peiro?

Newcastle?

Catch my drift :icon13:

i think alot of italian league players will be looking to transfer after this, shame for italien football :/

i think alot of italian league players will be looking to transfer after this, shame for italien football :/

Yeah, but that means English Leagues should be more intresting. :P

Don't you mean the Ajax and the Dutch Leagues?

no he means the English Premierships ;):P:D

Of course I mean teh Prem :)

Best league, then spanish. :)